- Olga Baysha has been at HSE since 2013.
Education and Degrees
University of Colorado at Boulder
Thesis Title: The mythologies of moderity with the schizophrenic network dynamic
Thesis Title: Media Framing of Ukrainian Political Crisis 2000-2001
University of Colorado
Awards and Accomplishments
Communication at the Globalized World (Master’s programme; Faculty of Communications, Media, and Design; field of study "42.04.01. Реклама и связи с общественностью", field of study "42.04.05. Медиакоммуникации"; 1 year, 3 module)Eng
- Rhetoric and ideology: theoretical foundations (Master’s programme; Faculty of Communications, Media, and Design; 1 year, 4 module)Eng
Communications in a Globalized World (Master’s programme; Faculty of Communications, Media, and Design; field of study "42.04.02. Журналистика", field of study "42.04.02. Журналистика"; 1 year, 4 module)Eng
- Media in Globalized World (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Communications, Media, and Design; 4 year, 3 module)Eng
- Article Baysha O. Dehumanizing political others: a discursive-material perspective // Critical Discourse Studies. 2019 doi
- Book Baysha O. Miscommunicating Social Change: Lessons from Russia and Ukraine. Lanham : Lexington Books, 2018. (in press)
- Article Baysha O. Synecdoche that kills: How Barack Obama and Vladimir Putin constructed different Ukraines for different ends // International Communication Gazette. 2018. Vol. 80. No. 3. P. 230-249.
- Article Baysha O. In the name of national security: articulating ethno-political struggles as terrorism // Journal of Multicultural Discourses. 2017. Vol. 12. No. 4. P. 332-348. doi
- Chapter Baysha O. European Integration as Imagined by Progressive Ukrainian Bloggers, in: Media, Communication Power and the Ukraine Conflict. NY : Peter Lang Publishing Inc., 2016. P. 71-88.
- Article Baysha O. On Progressive Identity and Internal Colonization: A Case Study from Russia // International Journal of Cultural Studies. 2016. Vol. 19. No. 2. P. 121-137. doi
- Article Baysha O. Ukrainian Euromaidan: The exclusion of otherness in the name of progress // European Journal of Cultural Studies. 2015. Vol. 18. No. 1. P. 3-18. doi
- Chapter Baysha O., Calabrese A. Cosmopolitan Vision, Global Responsibility and Local Reporting in Ukraine, in: Media and Cosmopolitanism. NY : Peter Lang Publishing, 2014.
- Article Baysha O. On the Dichotomy of Corporate vs. Alternative Journalism: OWS as Constructed by Echo of Moscow // International Journal of Communication. 2014. Vol. 8. P. 1-20.
- Book Baysha O. The Mythologies of Capitalism and the End of the Soviet Project. Lanham : Lexington Books, 2014.
- Article Crow D., Baysha O. Conservation as a Catalyst for Conflict: Message and Meaning in Policymaking // Journal of Policy Research. 2013. Vol. 30. No. 3. P. 302-320. (in press)
- Article Baysha O. Mythologizing Modernity through Vernacular Discourses // Journal of International Communication. 2012. Vol. 6. P. 6985-3005. (in press)
- Article Baysha O., Calabrese A. The Global in the Local: A Case Study on Deforestation in a Ukrainian Journalistic Field // Environmental Communication: A Journal of Nature and Culture. 2012. Vol. 6. No. 2. P. 156-174. (in press)
- Article Baysha O., Calabrese A. The Construction of Fear: The New York Times Deliberation on the USA-Russia Nuclear Discourse // The Russian Journal of Communication. 2011. Vol. 3. No. 3-4. P. 301-321. (in press)
- Article Baysha O. Is There a Global Public Sphere? Media Framing of the Russia-Georgia Conflict of 2008 // Global Media Journal. 2010. Vol. 10. No. 17 (in press)
- Article Baysha O. When the Internet Fails to Connect: A Study on a Russian-American Non-Reflexive Discourse // Digital Icons: Studies in Russian, Eurasian and Central European New Media. 2010. Vol. 4 (in press)
- Article Baysha O., Hallagan K. Media Framing of the Ukrainian Political Crisis 2000-2001 // Journalism Studies. 2004. Vol. 5. No. 2. P. 233-246. (in press)
01/09/2013-present Assistant Professor, National Research University ‘Higher School of Economics, Moscow, Russian Federation
01/01/2013-01/06/2013 Visiting Professor, Muhlenberg College, Allentown, PA.
01/06/2011-12/12/2012 Course Instructor, University of Colorado at Boulder
15/08/2010-15/05/2011 Teaching Assistant, University of Colorado at Boulder
15/08/2008-15/07/2009 Research Assistant, University of Colorado at Boulder
10/09/2002-01/06/2008 Editor-in-Chief, Omega-TV documentary production television company, Kiev, Ukraine
08/00-06/02 Teaching Assistant, Colorado State University
01/93-06/99 News Editor, ATN news production television company, Kharkov, Ukraine
09/92-01/93 News reporter, Yugoslavia
04/91-08/92 News reporter, Tonis television company, Kharkov, Ukraine
A book entitled The Mythologies of Capitalism and the End of the Soviet Project by Associate Professor at the HSE Faculty of Media Communications Olga Baysha has been published by Lexington Books (United States).