- Postgraduate Student:Vishnevsky Institute of Demography
- Junior Research Fellow:Institute for Social Policy / Centre for Qualitative Social Policy Research
- Daniel Kashnitsky has been at HSE University since 2014.
Master's in Public Health
Lund University, Health Sciences
Lomonosov Moscow State University
Lomonosov Moscow State University
Continuing education / Professional retraining / Internships / Study abroad experience
Research Internship at the Research Center for Migration, Ethnicity and Society (REMESO), Linköping University, Sweden
NGO Project Management, Capacity Development Program,
Higher School of Economics, Moscow, Russia
3rd year of study
Approved topic of thesis: The role of transnational networks in creating access to healthcare services for Central Asian migrants with HIV living in Russia
Academic Supervisor: Demintseva, Ekaterina
Taking part in research projects of the Institute of Socal Development Studies aimed at exploring migration in Russia and post-Soviet countries
2019-2020: Poverty, inequality and social mobility in modern Russia: an interdisciplinary analysis grant of the National Research University Higher School of Economics
(project lead - Olga Sinyavskaya)
2018: Informal social and economic practices of migrant workers in Moscow, Russia, grant of the National Research University Higher School of Economics (project lead - Ekaterina Demintseva)
2016: Migrants in the metropolis: the use of urban space and socio-economic opportunities of urban integration. Comparative analysis. Russian and international experience, grant of the National Research University Higher School of Economics (project coordinator - Ekaterina Demintseva)
2015: Migrants in Moscow, Integration to urban environment and socio-cultural integration, grant of the National Research University Higher School of Economics (project coordinator - Ekaterina Demintseva)
2014: Transforming Urban Spaces: Analyzing Migrant Infrastructure in Moscow, Russia, grant of the Russian Foundation for Basic Research (project coordinator - Ekaterina Demintseva)
- 2020Central Asian Students Conference (Берлин). Presentation: Access to Healthcare Services for Central Asian Migrants in Moscow
- 2019Международный коллоквиум “Антропология миграции: новые исследования в России” (Санкт-Петербург). Presentation: Доступ к услугам здравоохранения для мигрантов - экономия, хаос бюрократии или способ контроля?
- Urban inequalities vs. Urban inclusion: migration, identity and public space (Москва). Presentation: Restricted Access to Healthcare Services for Labor Migrants in Russia – saving resources, a chaos or disempowerment to control?
- From Economic to Political Informality (Lund). Presentation: Labor migrants in Russia: claiming their right to health - tangled in a web of legal uncertainty
- 201819th Nordic Migration Research Conference 2018 (Norrköping). Presentation: A trap of forced illegality for HIV positive migrants in Russia
- Migration and International Law (Москва). Presentation: Морально-этические аспекты правового регулирования международной миграции
- 2017Welcoming Refugees – Local European Experience (Norrköping). Presentation: Formal and informal strategies of seeking healthcare among unrecognized refugees and irregular migrants in Russia
- 201617th CESS Annual Conference (Princeton). Presentation: The Role of Kyrgyz Clinics in the Lives of Labor Migrants from Central Asia in Moscow
- ESCAS XIV (Цюрих). Presentation: Central Asian Migrants in Russia: barriers and coping strategies in access to health care
- Chapter Деминцева Е. Б., Кашницкий Д. С. Лечиться у "своих", лечить "своих". Роль «киргизских клиник» в жизни среднеазиатских мигрантов в Москве // В кн.: Жить в двух мирах. Переосмысляя транснационализм и транслокальность / Под общ. ред.: С. Н. Абашин, О. Е. Бредникова. Новое литературное обозрение, 2021. С. 338-373.
- Article Kashnitsky D. The Russian HIV residence ban and state control of migration // Journal of Public Health Policy. 2020. No. 41. P. 453-463. doi
- Book Sophie H., Rukhshona K., Rustamova M., Bandaev I., Samuilova M., Olimova S., Kashnitsky D., Weine S., Sergeev B., Полетаев Д. В., Pellet S. Santé et migration en Asie centrale Vol. 1. Editions Petra, 2018.
- Article Kashnitsky D., Demintseva E. ‘Kyrgyz Clinics’ in Moscow: Medical Centres for Central Asian Migrants // Medical Anthropology: Cross Cultural Studies in Health and Illness. 2018. Vol. 37. No. 5. P. 401-411. doi
- Article Demintseva E., Kashnitsky D. Contextualizing Migrants’ Strategies of Seeking Medical Care in Russia // International Migration. 2016. Vol. 54. No. 5. P. 29-42. doi
- Chapter Кашницкий Д. С. Доступ к медицинской помощи в Москве среди женщин-мигрантов из Средней Азии: пол имеет значение // В кн.: XVI Апрельская международная научная конференция по проблемам развития экономики и общества: в 4 кн. / Отв. ред.: Е. Г. Ясин. Кн. 4. М. : Издательский дом НИУ ВШЭ, 2016. С. 257-268.
- Article Деминцева Е. Б., Кашницкий Д. С. Медицинская помощь мигрантам из Средней Азии в Москве в условиях социальной исключенности // Вестник Российской нации. 2015. № 4. С. 214-226.
2018 - current: Academic Relations Coordinator,
Regional Expert Group on Migration and Health
2019 - 2020: Coordinator of the Communities, Right and Gender project, TB Europe Coalition
2017 - 2018: ECUO (East European and Central Asian Association of People Living with HIV), Program Consultant of the regional program "Partnership for Equitable Access to HIV Care in Eastern Europe and Central Asia"
2015 - 2017: EHRN (Eurasian Harm Reduction Network), Program Manager of the regional program "Partnership for Equitalbe Access to HIV Care in Eastern Europe and Central Asia"
2013 - 2014: Higher School of Economics, Moscow, Russia, Health of Student Resource Center
2011 - 2012: Partners In Health, Russia, Training Manager
2006 - 2009: GBC Health, Senior Associate, Corporate Strategies and Member Services
2005 - 2006: International Labor Organization, Moscow, Russia, Project Assistant
On May 27, 2020, Daniil Kashnitsky, Junior Researcher at the Center for Qualitative Research, presented at an international seminar on Global and Sexual Health at the Caroline Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
How Other Countries All Over the World are Coping with the Coronavirus Pandemic: a Review by the Institute for Social Policy
The Institute of Social Policy experts prepared an overview of international practices for supporting the economy and population while fighting against the coronavirus pandemic in different countries of the world.
Labor migrants in Russia: claiming their right to health tangled in a web of legal uncertainty – a presentation of Daniel Kashnitsky at the University of Lund, Sweden
Lund University hosted an International Workshop “From Economic to Political Informality: Exploring the Link Between Shadow Practices, Policy Making and Development”.
Ekaterina Demintseva, Daniel Kashnitsky, Dmitriy Oparin presented their recent researches at the International Conference "Urban inequalities vs. Urban inclusion: migration, identity and public space"
Ekaterina Demintseva (Institute of Social Policy, Higher School of Economics), Daniel Kashnitsky (Institute of Social Policy, Higher School of Economics), Dmitriy Oparin (Moscow State Universtiy, Institute of Social Policy of the Higher School of Economics) presented their recent researches at the International Conference "Urban inequalities vs. Urban inclusion: migration, identity and public space" focused on ethnographic analysis of various aspects of urban inequality, such as unemployment, informal employment, homelessness, access to essential services, intolerance, conflict, digital divide.
Ekaterina Demintseva (Higher School of Economics Institute of Social Policy), Daniel Kashnitsky (Higher School of Economics Institute of Social Policy), Dmitriy Oparin (MSU, Higher School of Economics Institute of Social Policy) presented their recent researches at the International Colloquium "Anthropology of Migration: New Research in Russia"
Seminar "Migration studies". Demintseva E., Kashnitsky D., Oparin D. “Emigration of highly qualified professionals from Russia in the 2010s: why are they leaving Russia today?”
On January 31, 2019 was held a session of the regular seminar "Migration studies" organized by the Higher School of Economics the Institute of Social Policy. Ekaterina Demintseva(Higher School of Economics Institute of Social Policy), Daniel Kashnitsky (Higher School of Economics Institute of Social Policy), Dmitriy Oparin (MSU, Higher School of Economics Institute of Social Policy) presented their recent research“Emigration of highly qualified professionals from Russia in the 2010s:why are they leaving Russia today?”
On September 20, Daniel Kashnitsky spoke as a panelist at the expert section "Moral Aspects and Ethics of Legal Regulation of International Migration" as a part of the conference "Migration and International Law"
The conference was organized by the Russian International Affairs Council (RIAC), the Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, and the International Committee of the Red Cross. The event was held in Moscow on September 19-21, 2018.
The Conference took place on 15-17 August 2018 and was hosted by the Institute for Research on Migration, Ethnicity and Society of the Linköping University, Sweden. Daniel presented a paper called "A trap of forced illegality for HIV-positive migrants in Russia".