- Postgraduate Student:Institute of Demography
- Junior Research Fellow:Institute for Social Policy / Centre for Qualitative Social Policy Research
- Daniel Kashnitsky has been at HSE since 2013.
Master's in Public Health
Lund University, Health Sciences
Lomonosov Moscow State University
Degree in Theoretical and Applied Linguistics
Lomonosov Moscow State University, Philological
Continuing education / Professional retraining / Internships / Study abroad experience
NGO Project Management, Capacity Development Program,
Higher School of Economics, Moscow, Russia
1st year of study
Approved topic of thesis: The role of transnational networks in creating access to healthcare services for Central Asian migrants with HIV living in Russia
Academic Supervisor: Demintseva, Ekaterina
Taking part in research projects of the Institute of Socal Development Studies aimed at exploring migration in Russia and post-Soviet countries
2018: Informal social and economic practices of migrant workers in Moscow, Russia, grant of the National Research University Higher School of Economics (project coordinator - Ekaterina Demintseva)
2016: Migrants in the metropolis: the use of urban space and socio-economic opportunities of urban integration. Comparative analysis. Russian and international experience, grant of the National Research University Higher School of Economics (project coordinator - Ekaterina Demintseva)
2015: Migrants in Moscow, Integration to urban environment and socio-cultural integration, grant of the National Research University Higher School of Economics (project coordinator - Ekaterina Demintseva)
2014: Transforming Urban Spaces: Analyzing Migrant Infrastructure in Moscow, Russia, grant of the Russian Foundation for Basic Research (project coordinator - Ekaterina Demintseva)
- 201819th Nordic Migration Research Conference 2018 (Norrköping). Presentation: A trap of forced illegality for HIV positive migrants in Russia
- 2017Welcoming Refugees – Local European Experience (Norrköping). Presentation: Formal and informal strategies of seeking healthcare among unrecognized refugees and irregular migrants in Russia
- 201617th CESS Annual Conference (Princeton). Presentation: The Role of Kyrgyz Clinics in the Lives of Labor Migrants from Central Asia in Moscow
- ESCAS XIV (Цюрих). Presentation: Central Asian Migrants in Russia: barriers and coping strategies in access to health care
- Book Sophie H., Rukhshona K., Rustamova M., Bandaev I., Samuilova M., Olimova S., Kashnitsky D., Weine S., Sergeev B., Полетаев Д. В., Pellet S. Santé et migration en Asie centrale Vol. 1. Editions Petra, 2018.
- Article Kashnitsky D., Demintseva E. ‘Kyrgyz Clinics’ in Moscow: Medical Centres for Central Asian Migrants // Medical Anthropology: Cross Cultural Studies in Health and Illness. 2018. Vol. 37. No. 5. P. 401-411. doi
- Article Demintseva E., Kashnitsky D. Contextualizing Migrants’ Strategies of Seeking Medical Care in Russia // International Migration. 2016. Vol. 54. No. 5. P. 29-42. doi
- Chapter Кашницкий Д. С. Доступ к медицинской помощи в Москве среди женщин-мигрантов из Средней Азии: пол имеет значение // В кн.: XVI Апрельская международная научная конференция по проблемам развития экономики и общества: в 4 кн. / Отв. ред.: Е. Г. Ясин. Кн. 4. М. : Издательский дом НИУ ВШЭ, 2016. С. 257-268.
- Article Деминцева Е. Б., Кашницкий Д. С. Медицинская помощь мигрантам из Средней Азии в Москве в условиях социальной исключенности // Вестник Российской нации. 2015. № 4. С. 214-226.
2017 - 2018: ECUO (East European and Central Asian Association of People Living with HIV), Program Consultant of the regional program "Partnership for Equitable Access to HIV Care in Eastern Europe and Central Asia"
2015 - 2017: EHRN (Eurasian Harm Reduction Network), Program Manager of the regional program "Partnership for Equitalbe Access to HIV Care in Eastern Europe and Central Asia"
2013 - 2014: Higher School of Economics, Moscow, Russia, Health of Student Resource Center
2011 - 2012: Partners In Health, Russia, Training Manager
2006 - 2009: GBC Health, Senior Associate, Corporate Strategies and Member Services
2005 - 2006: International Labor Organization, Moscow, Russia, Project Assistant
Ekaterina Demintseva, Daniel Kashnitsky, Dmitriy Oparin presented their recent researches at the International Conference "Urban inequalities vs. Urban inclusion: migration, identity and public space"
Ekaterina Demintseva (Institute of Social Policy, Higher School of Economics), Daniel Kashnitsky (Institute of Social Policy, Higher School of Economics), Dmitriy Oparin (Moscow State Universtiy, Institute of Social Policy of the Higher School of Economics) presented their recent researches at the International Conference "Urban inequalities vs. Urban inclusion: migration, identity and public space" focused on ethnographic analysis of various aspects of urban inequality, such as unemployment, informal employment, homelessness, access to essential services, intolerance, conflict, digital divide.
Ekaterina Demintseva (Higher School of Economics Institute of Social Policy), Daniel Kashnitsky (Higher School of Economics Institute of Social Policy), Dmitriy Oparin (MSU, Higher School of Economics Institute of Social Policy) presented their recent researches at the International Colloquium "Anthropology of Migration: New Research in Russia"
Seminar "Migration studies". Demintseva E., Kashnitsky D., Oparin D. “Emigration of highly qualified professionals from Russia in the 2010s: why are they leaving Russia today?”
On January 31, 2019 was held a session of the regular seminar "Migration studies" organized by the Higher School of Economics the Institute of Social Policy. Ekaterina Demintseva(Higher School of Economics Institute of Social Policy), Daniel Kashnitsky (Higher School of Economics Institute of Social Policy), Dmitriy Oparin (MSU, Higher School of Economics Institute of Social Policy) presented their recent research“Emigration of highly qualified professionals from Russia in the 2010s:why are they leaving Russia today?”
On September 20, Daniel Kashnitsky spoke as a panelist at the expert section "Moral Aspects and Ethics of Legal Regulation of International Migration" as a part of the conference "Migration and International Law"
The conference was organized by the Russian International Affairs Council (RIAC), the Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, and the International Committee of the Red Cross. The event was held in Moscow on September 19-21, 2018.
The Conference took place on 15-17 August 2018 and was hosted by the Institute for Research on Migration, Ethnicity and Society of the Linköping University, Sweden. Daniel presented a paper called "A trap of forced illegality for HIV-positive migrants in Russia".