Julio Cesar Carrasquel Gamez
- Research Assistant:Faculty of Computer Science / Laboratory of Process-Aware Information Systems (PAIS Lab)
- Julio Cesar Carrasquel Gamez has been at HSE University since 2018.
Master's in Engineering in Computer Science
Sapienza University of Rome
Degree in Computer Science
Central University of Venezuela
Awards and Accomplishments
Young Faculty Support Program (Group of Young Academic Professionals)
Category "New Researchers" (2020-2021)
- 2020International Workshop on Petri Nets and Software Engineering (PNSE-2020) - a satellite event of 41st International Conference on Application and Theory of Petri nets and Concurrency (Онлайн). Presentation: Modeling Trading Systems using Petri Net Extensions
- AIST, the 9th International Conference on Analysis of Images, Social Networks and Texts (online). Presentation: Checking Conformance between Colored Petri Nets and Event Logs
- Modeling and Analysis of Complex Systems and Processes MACSPro'2020 (Венеция). Presentation: Compositional Conformance Checking of Nested Petri Nets and Event Logs of Multi-Agent Systems
- 2019Modeling and Analysis of Complex Systems and Processes (MACSPro'2019) (Вена). Presentation: Towards a Formal Modelling of Order-driven Trading Systems using Petri Nets: A Multi-Agent Approach
- International Conference on Process Mining (ICPM 2019) (Doctoral Consortium Track) (Ахен). Presentation: Modelling and Validation of Trading and Multi-Agent Systems: An Approach Based on Process Mining and Petri Nets
- International Conference on Software Testing, Machine Learning and Complex Process Analysis (TMPA-2019) (Тбилиси). Presentation: Pre-Processing Network Messages of Trading Systems into Event Logs for Process Mining
- 2018Mediterranean Ad Hoc Networking Workshop (Med-Hoc-Net 2018) (Capri Island). Presentation: Towards traffic-oriented spreading factor allocations in LoRaWAN systems
- Spring/Summer Young Researchers' Colloquium on Software Engineering (SYRCoSE 2018) (Великий Новгород). Presentation: Prosega/CPN: An Extension of CPN Tools for Automata-based Analysis and System Verification
Dissertation for a degree of Candidate of Science
J. C. Carrasquel Gamez Formal Modeling and Validation of Stock Trading Systems Behavior: A Petri Net Approach
- Chapter Carrasquel Gamez J. C., Mecheraoui K., Lomazova I. A. Checking Conformance between Colored Petri Nets and Event Logs, in: Analysis of Images, Social Networks and Texts: 9th International Conference, AIST 2020, Skolkovo, Moscow, Russia, October 15–16, 2020, Revised Selected Papers / Ed. by W. M. van der Aalst, V. Batagelj, D. I. Ignatov, M. Khachay, O. Koltsova, A. Kutuzov, Sergei O. Kuznetsov, I. A. Lomazova, N. Loukachevitch, A. Napoli, A. Panchenko, P. M. Pardalos, M. Pelillo, A. Savchenko, E. Tutubalina. Vol. 12602. Cham: Springer, 2021. doi P. 435-452. doi
- Article Carrasquel Gamez J. C., Mecheraoui K. Object-Centric Replay-Based Conformance Checking: Unveiling Desire Lines and Local Deviations // Моделирование и анализ информационных систем. 2021. Vol. 28. No. 2. P. 146-168. doi
- Chapter Carrasquel Gamez J. C., Chuburov S. A., Lomazova I. A. Pre-Processing Network Messages of Trading Systems into Event Logs for Process Mining, in: Tools and Methods of Program Analysis. 5th International Conference, TMPA 2019, Tbilisi, Georgia, November 7–9, 2019, Revised Selected Papers / Ed. by Anna Kalenkova, J. A. Lozano, R. Yavorskiy. Vol. 1288: CCIS. Springer, 2021. P. 88-100. doi
- Preprint Mecheraoui K., Carrasquel Gamez J. C., Lomazova I. A. Compositional Conformance Checking of Nested Petri Nets and Event Logs of Multi-Agent Systems / Cornell University. Series Computer Science "arxiv.org". 2020.
- Chapter Mecheraoui K., Carrasquel Gamez J. C., Lomazova I. A. Compositional conformance checking of nested petri nets and event logs of multi-agent systems, in: Proceedings of the Conference on Modeling and Analysis of Complex Systems and Processes 2020 (MACSPro 2020) / Ed. by Alexander Shapoval, V. Popov, I. Makarov. Vol. 2795. CEUR Workshop Proceedings, 2020. P. 34-45.
- Chapter Carrasquel Gamez J. C., Lomazova I. A., Rivkin A. Modeling Trading Systems using Petri Net Extensions, in: Proceedings of the International Workshop on Petri Nets and Software Engineering co-located with 41st International Conference on Application and Theory of Petri Nets and Concurrency (PETRI NETS 2020) Vol. 2651: CEUR Workshop Proceedings. CEUR-WS.org, 2020. P. 118-137.
- Chapter Julio C. Carrasquel, Lomazova I. A. Modelling and Validation of Trading and Multi-Agent Systems: An Approach Based on Process Mining and Petri Nets, in: ICPM Doctoral Consortium 2019. Vol. 2432: CEUR Workshop Proceedings. CEUR-WS.org, 2019. Ch. 4. P. 1-12.
- Chapter Carrasquel Gamez J. C., Lomazova I. A., Itkin I. L. Towards a Formal Modelling of Order-driven Trading Systems using Petri Nets: A Multi-Agent Approach, in: Proceedings of the MACSPro Workshop 2019 / Ed. by Irina Lomazova, Anna Kalenkova, Р. Яворский. Vol. 2478: CEUR Workshop Proceedings. CEUR-WS.org, 2019. P. 92-103.
- Article Carrasquel Gamez J. C., Morales A., Villapol M. E. Prosega/CPN: An Extension of CPN Tools for Automata-based Analysis and System Verification // Proceedings of the Institute for System Programming of the RAS. 2018. Vol. 30. No. 4. P. 107-128. doi
- Chapter Cuomo F., Carrasquel Gamez J. C., Maurizio A., Scipione L., Campo M., Caponi A., Bianchi G., Rossini G., Pisani P. Towards Traffic-oriented Spreading Factor allocations in LoRaWAN systems, in: 2018 17th Annual Mediterranean Ad Hoc Networking Workshop (Med-Hoc-Net), June 20-22, 2018, Capri Island, Italy. New Jersey : IEEE, 2018. P. 1-8. doi
- PAIS Process-Aware Information Systems Laboratory (November 2018 - Present). Higher School of Economics. Moscow, Russia.
- DIET Deparment of Information, Electronic and Communication Engineering (July 2017 - January 2018). La Sapienza University of Rome. Rome, Italy.
- ICARO Mobile, Wireless and Distributed Networks Laboratory (January 2015 - August 2015). Central University of Venezuela. Caracas, Venezuela.
- INTECS Solutions SpA (January 2017 - April 2017). Rome, Italy. Embedded Software Practitioner/Traineeship. Responsibilities: Development of a tank water-level & temperature monitoring system using ultra low-power microcontrollers. A report of the developed system is available here: Tank water-level & temperature monitoring embedded system
(PDF, 1,85 Мб)
- Bee Concept Solutions (January 2016 - May 2016). Caracas, Venezuela. Java Software Engineer. Responsibilities: Development of a payment notification module within a B2B platform covering all tasks throughout the software development process. The web application framework was Struts (based in Java).
- Wincor Nixdorf International (nowadays Diebold Nixdorf, August 2013 - May 2015). Caracas, Venezuela. Android and Desktop Solutions Developer. Responsibilities: Development of mobile (Android) and desktop (JavaFX) software clients, as consumers of RESTful services within a service-oriented architecture (SOA) for providing banking and financial services.
After getting his Master’s degree in Computer Science in Rome, Julio Carrasquel decided not to pursue a corporate career in IT, but to move to Moscow to get a PhD at HSE University. As a result, he received a scholarship on the Advanced Doctoral Programme, successfully defended his thesis, and was named one of the university’s Best Teachers. Julio talked with the HSE News Service about his path in academia and life in Russia.
Khalil Mecheraoui, an Algerian intern at the Laboratory of Process-Aware Information Systems (PAIS), talks about his internship grant, his work at the laboratory, and the presentation at MACS’Pro conference.