Olessia I. Kirtchik
- Leading Research Fellow:Poletayev Institute for Theoretical and Historical Studies in the Humanities
- Olessia I. Kirtchik has been at HSE University since 2009.
Education and Degrees
PhD in Sociological Sciences
École des hautes études en sciences sociales
Master's in Sociology
École des hautes études en sciences sociales
Moscow State Pedagogical University
Interview about the conference "Social and Human Sciences on Both Sides of the 'Iron Curtain'”’ (IGITI–HSE, October 17-13 2013)
Student Term / Thesis Papers
V. Efremova «User’s Construction and Interpretation of Socail Class in Social Web-Network Vkontakte». Faculty of Sociology, 2014
Editorial board membership
2016: Member of the Editorial Board, Zilsel. Science, Technique, Société (Zilsel. Science, Technique, Société ).
2014: Member of the Editorial Board, Serendipities. Journal for the Sociology and History of the Social Sciences.
2009–2017: Member of the Editorial Board, Laboratorium. Журнал социальных исследований (Laboratorium: Russian Review of Social Research).
- Article Olessia Kirtchik. From Pattern Recognition to Economic Disequilibrium: Emmanuil Braverman’s Theory of Control of the Soviet Economy // History of Political Economy. 2019. Vol. 51. P. 180-203. doi
- Article Kirtchik O. I., Boldyrev I. The cultures of mathematical economics in the postwar Soviet Union: More than a method, less than a discipline // Studies in History and Philosophy of Science Part A. 2017. Vol. 63. P. 1-10. doi
- Article Kirtchik O. I., Boldyrev I. On (im)permeabilities: Social and human sciences on both sides of the ‘Iron Curtain’ // History of the Human Sciences. 2016. Vol. 29. No. 4-5. P. 3-12. doi
- Chapter Kirtchik O. I., Heredia M. Social and Behavioral Sciences under Dictatorship, in: International Encyclopedia of Social & Behavioral Sciences 2nd Edition. Elsevier, 2015. P. 139-146.
- Article Kirtchik O. I., Boldyrev I. General Equilibrium Theory Behind the Iron Curtain: The Case of Victor Polterovich // History of Political Economy. 2014. Vol. 46. No. 3. P. 435-461. doi
- Article Kirtchik O. I. La globalisation des sciences économiques: principes de distinction et impact sur les champs nationaux // Revue Economique et Sociale. 2014. Vol. 72. No. 2. P. 71-76.
- Preprint Kirtchik O. I., Boldyrev I. The culture of mathematical economics in the Post War Soviet Union / NRU Higher School of Economics. Series WP6 "Гуманитарные исследования". 2013.
- Article Kirtchik O. I., Gingras Y., Larivière V. Changes in publication languages and citation practices and their effect on the scientific impact of Russian science (1993–2010) // Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology. 2012. Vol. 63. No. 7. P. 1411-1419. doi
- Article Kirtchik O. I. Limits and Strategies for the Internationalization of Russian Economic Science: Sociological Interpretation of Bibliometric Data // Laboratorium: Russian Review of Social Research. 2012. Vol. 4. No. 1. P. 19-44.
- Article Heredia M., Kirtchik O. I. Comparing Post-Soviet and Latin American Societies: From “Transition” to “Transformation” // Laboratorium: Russian Review of Social Research. 2010. Vol. 2. No. 2. P. 5-12.
- Article Heredia M., Kirtchik O. I., Хередиа М. The Russian and Argentinean experiences of radical reform. Between economy and politics // Laboratorium: Russian Review of Social Research. 2010. Vol. 2. No. 2. P. 22-64.
- 2014Intellectual History vis-a-vis the Sociology of Knowledge: between Models and Cases (Москва). Presentation: Historical development of social science objects: rural studies in France after 1945
- Sorties des régimes socialistes-autoritaires, de 1945 à nos jours (Москва). Presentation: New Economic Policies: reforms, privatization, and “path dependency”
- Science and Rationality in the Soviet Economy in the Second Half of the XXth Century: Reforms, Institutions and Ideas (Москва). Presentation: Роль экономических идей в политике как исследовательская проблема: случай математической экономики в СССР
- Circulations intérnationales et échelles d’analyse: Une approche pluridisciplinaire. Presentation: L’internationalisation des sciences économiques en Russie: hiérarchies transnationales et stratégies locales
- BASEES Annual Conference, Fitzwilliam College, Cambridge (Cambridge). Presentation: Soviet mathematical economics and the reformist discourse in the late Soviet Union: affinities and mismatches
- 2013Social and Human Sciences on Both Sides of the "Iron Curtain" (Москва). Presentation: The Culture of Mathematical Economics in the Post-War Soviet Union
Olessia Kirtchik participated in a research seminar at the School for Advanced Studies in the Social Sciences (EHESS, Paris)
On January 15, IGITI leading research fellow Olessia Kirchik made a presentation at the seminar "L'Univers des choses soviétiques" (World of Soviet Things) of the Center for Russian, Caucasian and Central European Studies (CERCEC) in Paris.
In the annual supplement to the Volume 51 of the journal History of Political Economy, "Economic Knowledge in Socialism, 1945-89" an article was published by a leading researcher at IGITI, Olessia Kirtchik.
The IGITI leading research fellow Olessia Kirtchik delivered a communication at the conference "The economists state: the economic science and economists in the XXth and the XXIth centuries" (L’État des économistes: La science économique face à la puissance publique (XXe-XXIe siècle) held on November 21 and 22, 2019, in Amiens, France.
On February 8, IGITI Leading Research Fellow Olessia Kirchik has participated in a seminar "Critique and circumvention of digital boundaries" (Critique et contournement des frontières numériques) of a collective research project RESISTIC at the School of Advanced Studies in the Social Sciences (EHESS, Paris).
On April 6-7 IGITI's Leading Research Fellow Olessia Kirtchik took part in the annual conference of the Center for the History of Political Economy, at Duke University. This year, conference was organised by Till Düppe and Ivan Boldyrev, and it's title was "Economic Knowledge in Socialism".
On September 9, 2016, VI Poletayev Memorial Readings entitled "Natual Sciences and Humanities: New Interaction (Dis)Order" were held at the Higher School of Economics. Among the participants were two guest speakers: Karl Hall from Central European University (Budapest) and Kornelius Borck from Lübeck University (Lübeck).
The article ‘L’économie rurale en France: Trajectoire d’une science sociale ‘utile’ entre modernisation et mondialisation’ (Agrarian economy in France: the trajectory of ‘useful’ social science between modernization and globalization) by Olessia Kirtchik, Leading Research Fellow at the Poletayev Institute for Theoretical and Historical Studies in the Humanities, was published in the journal ‘Revue d’Anthropologie des Connaissances’.
On February 4 – 5, 2016, a conference ‘Market economy and rural worlds in Eastern Europe’ organized by the University of Bordeaux’s Department of Sociology and the Emile Durkheim Centre took place in France.
Olessia Kirtchik presented her paper at the conference Economie de marché et mondes ruraux à l’Est de l’Europe
Olessia Kirtchik, senior research fellow of the Poletaev Institute for Theoretical and Historical Studies in the Humanities, presented a paper at the conference Economie de marché et mondes ruraux à l’Est de l’Europe arranged by the University of Bordeaux and the Center of Emile Durkheim. The paper analyzes Russian laws on land ownership in the late Soviet and post-Soviet periods.