- Director:HSE Campus in St. Petersburg / HSE St. Petersburg International Office / Centre of International Cooperation
- Konstantin Platonov has been at HSE University since 2015.
Konstantin oversees following activities and initiatives:
- developing the ecosystem of international strategic and prioritized partnerships
- securing international exposure for campus students and outstanding international student experience
- supervision of 'Global Citizens' and 'Global Outreach' initiatives
- coordination of international official visits and protocol events
- сoordination of operations of Centre for International Cooperation, incl. International Student Mobility Office
MA in International Relations
Saint Petersburg State University, School of International Relations
BA in International Relations
Saint Petersburg State University, School of International Relations
Continuing education / Professional retraining / Internships / Study abroad experience
2019 - Fulrbirght Research Fellow (Fulbright Russia International Education Administrators Program) at IIE, Indiana University Bloomington, Boston College Center for International Higher Education and Columbia University in the City of New York, USA
2019 - Certificate 'International Staff Training Week', Tilburg University, the Netherlands
2019 - Certificate 'CDO (Chief Data Officer): Data-Driven Management', Innopolis University / University NTI 20.35, Russia
2019 - Certificate 'Modern Trends in International Education & Recognition of Foreign Credentials', RANEPA, Russia
2018 - Certificate 'International Staff Training Week', Humboldt Univesity Berlin, Germany
2017 - Certificate 'Electronic Internationalization: World-Wide Online Promotion of Russian Universities', HSE University, Russia
2016 - Certificate of Training 'Creation and Implementation of a Complex System for International Student Rectuitment for a Russian Univesity', Kazan Federal University, Russia
2015 - Certificate 'International Staff Training Week', European University Business School in Barcelona, Spain
2010 - Certificate 'International Staff Training Week', TU Munich, Germany
2008 - Participant of the 'Young Leaders Seminar', Deutsch-Russisches Forum E.V.
2007 - Certificate 'International Academic Mobility Quality Assurance Instruments', HSE University, Russia
2006 - DAAD Exchange Student at Ernst-Moritz-Arndt University Greifswald, Germany
2004 - Intern at the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- 2020EURIE Eurasia Higher Education Summit 2020 (Istanbul). Presentation: Creating Outstanding International Student Experience in a non-native English Environment
- EURAS Online International Panel Series. Presentation: How COVID-19 is transormgin International Education: Russian University Case
- 2019Tilburg University International Parnters Week (Tilburg). Presentation: National Goals in Higher Education development vs Institutional Strategies: Russian Case
- Региональная научно-практическая конференция "Иностранные студенты в вузах России: лучшие практики привлечения, обеспечения их обучения и пребывания" (Санкт-Петерубрг). Presentation: Лучшие практики: зачем вузу нужны образовательные программы на английском языке? / Why universities need English-taught degree programmes?
- 12-th Finnish Russian Seminar for Higher Education Cooperation (Saint-Petersburg). Presentation: Applying the 8P Model in International Student Recruitment
- 2018QS APPLE 2018 (Seoul). Presentation: 8P Model for Successfull International Student Recruitment
- Humbodt University International Staff Week (Berlin, Germany). Presentation: Digital Internationalization: Russian Perspective
- 2017Университеты и современные мегаполисы: навигатор по образовательному пространству России и Казахстана / Universities and Modern Megapoles: Navigation in Highre Education of Russia and Kazakhstan (Astana, Kazakhstan). Presentation: Роль современного университета: университеты как точки притяжения талантов, центры инноваций и развития городской среды / Universities as Gravity Points for Talents and Urban Development
- Школа-семинар "Роль России в современном диалоге культур" / Role of Russia in the Modern Dialogue of Cultures (Hanoi, Vietnam). Presentation: Features of Russian Higher Education at the Modern Stage
- Школа-Семинар "Инвестиции в будущее: сотрудничество России и Индонезии в сфере образования, науки и культуры" / Investing into the Future: cooperation of Russia and Indonesia in Education, Science and Culture (Jakarta, Indonesia). Presentation: Russia and Indonesia: Cooperation in Higher Education
- 2016Школа-семинар «Эволюция социально-экономического и гуманитарного образования в России» / Evolution of Soical Sciences and Humanities Education in Russiah (Beijing, China). Presentation: Russia in the Global Academic Context: Trends and Challenges in Russia's Higher Education
- 2013Dutch-Russian Universities' Rectors and Presidents Forum (Amsterdam). Presentation: Future Dialogue of Russian and Dutch Universities
- 2010TU Munich International Week (Munich). Presentation: Challenges and Opportunities of German-Russian Student Exchange: case of SPbU
In 2007-2013 Mr. Platonov worked in various leadership positions in Saint-Petersburg State University, including positions of Director of Interantional Office and Rector's Advisor for International Cooperation.
In 2012-2013 he coordinated operations of the Association of Leading Universities (ALU) of Russia.
In 2013-2014 Mr. Platonov contributed to the major international sports events - the XX Winter Olympic and Paralympic Games in Sochi, the First Russian F-1 Grand-Prix in Sochi and the Preliminary Draw for FIFA World Cup Russia-2018 in Saint-Petersbrg.
Befor joining HSE University in 2015 Mr. Platonov was as Managing Director for Sales and Custormer Care at a private educational agency AcademConsult, where he also managed the international student recruitment project.
In 2016-2017 Mr. Platonov coordinated application and further implementation of two major international projects within the governmental Federal Programme 'Russian Language'.
On November 10, 2021, a delegation from the Consulate General of Finland in Saint Petersburg paid a visit to HSE University – St Petersburg to meet the team of the university and discuss opportunities for promoting student academic mobility, expanding cooperation with Finnish researchers and business partners, and other collaboration prospects.
On the last Thursday, April 8, 2021, the Consul General of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in St Petersburg, Mr Lionel Veer and the Senior Expert of the Department of Press and Culture Ms Victoria Lourik paid a visit to HSE campus in St Petersburg.
This year's theme of the International Partners Week held this past May was ‘Nurturing Global Citizens for a Global World’. Participants gathered to discuss common issues that universities face in regard to internationalisation, exchange approaches to implementing the Global Citizens concept, visit the university’s facilities, acquaint HSE SPb students with universities overseas, and, of course, enjoy St Petersburg’s White Nights.
We are particularly interested in expanding our international partner's network. Signing new student exchange agreements is a basic step in this processes. Let's find out the newest one, which is signed within AMEC.
Last week at HSE University – St. Petersburg turned out to be really eventful. First of all, we finally met our international freshmen, or at least most of them. The orientation sessions, followed by the Common Arrival Days, offered a chance to get acquainted with people, resources and processes. Secondly, we celebrated HSE SPb Day devoted to the anniversary of the campus – it has turned twenty this year! During these years we have been dreaming about many things, but who doesn’t when they are young.
Last week at HSE University – St. Petersburg turned out to be really eventful. First of all, we finally met our international freshmen, or at least most of them. The orientation sessions, subsequent the Common Arrival Days, offered a chance to get acquainted with people, resources and processes. Secondly, we celebrated HSE SPb Day devoted to the anniversary of the campus – it has turned twentythis year! During these years we have been dreaming about many things, but who don’t when they are young.