- Associate Professor:Faculty of Geography and Geoinformation Technology / Joint Department with the RAS Institute of Geography
- Stanislav Kutuzov has been at HSE University since 2019.
Education and Degrees
Candidate of Sciences* (PhD)
Lomonosov Moscow State University
According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, Candidate of Sciences belongs to ISCED level 8 - "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar. Candidate of Sciences allows its holders to reach the level of the Associate Professor.
- Earth system components (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Geography and Geoinformation Technology; 2 year, 2-4 module)Rus
- Introduction to Profession (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Geography and Geoinformation Technology; 1 year, 1, 2 module)Rus
- Article Kutuzov S., Shahgedanova M., Krupskaya V., Goryachkin S. Optical, Geochemical and Mineralogical Characteristics of Light-Absorbing Impurities Deposited on Djankuat Glacier in the Caucasus Mountains // Water (Switzerland). 2021. Vol. 13. No. 21. Article 2993. doi
- Article Dumont M., Tuzet F., Gascoin S., Picard G., Kutuzov S. Accelerated Snow Melt in the Russian Caucasus Mountains After the Saharan Dust Outbreak in March 2018 // JOURNAL OF GEOPHYSICAL RESEARCH-EARTH SURFACE. 2020. Vol. 125. No. 9. Article e2020JF005641. doi
- Article Kutuzov S. Supra-glacial debris cover changes in the Greater Caucasus from 1986 to 2014 // Cryosphere. 2020. Vol. 14. No. 2. P. 585-598. doi
- Article Vecchiato M., Gambaro A., Kehrwald N. M., Ginot P., Kutuzov S. The Great Acceleration of fragrances and PAHs archived in an ice core from Elbrus, Caucasus // Scientific Reports. 2020. No. 10. P. 1-10. doi
- Article Kutuzov S. Global glacier mass changes and their contributions to sea-level rise from 1961 to 2016 // Nature. 2019. Vol. 568. P. 382-386. doi
- Article Kutuzov S. Occurrence, evolution and ice content of ice‐debris complexes in the Ak‐Shiirak, Central Tien Shan revealed by geophysical and remotely‐sensed investigations // Earth Surface Processes and Landforms. 2019. Vol. 44. No. 1. P. 129-143. doi
- Article Kutuzov S. Volume Changes of Elbrus Glaciers From 1997 to 2017 // Frontiers in Earth Science. 2019. Vol. 7. P. 1-16. doi
- Article Kutuzov S. Ice thickness measurements of Guliya ice cap, western Kunlun Mountains (Tibetan Plateau), China // Journal of Glaciology. 2018. Vol. 64. No. 248. P. 977-989. doi
since 2016 Head of Dept. of Glaciology The Institute of Geography, Russian Academy of Sciences
29 Staromonetny per., Moscow, 109017, Russia Phone: +7(495) 125 9011 Fax: +7(495) 959 00 33
Nov 2016- Visiting research scientist
Feb2017 Byrd Polar and Climate Research Center, Ohio State University
1090 Carmack Rd, Columbus, OH 43210 +1 (614) 292-6531
2009-2015 Senior Research Fellow (permanent position),
The Institute of Geography, Russian Academy of Sciences, Glaciology dept.,
2012-2014 Marie Curie Research Fellow
The University of Reading, Dept. of Geography and Environmental Science, School of human and Environmental Sciences
Miller Building, Whiteknights, PO Box 227, Reading, RG6 6AB, UK
2004-2009 Researcher The Institute of Geography Russian Academy of Sciences
2010-2016 Scientific secretary of the Dept. of Glaciology The Institute of Geography RAS.
since 2011 Scientific secretary of the Glaciological association of the former soviet states
since 2018 Vice President of the International Association of Cryospheric Sciences (IACS)
2017-2019 Leading author of the IPCC Special Report on the Ocean and Cryosphere in a Changing Climate (SROCC)
Why ice is melting in the mountains and what may happen as a result
The fifth international Geography Test was recently held in 110 countries around the world. HSE University hosted the event for the first time. HSE News Service spoke with some of the participants who came to test their knowledge of the earth and its geography.