David Andrew Leon
- Chief Research Fellow:International Laboratory for Population and Health
Editorial board membership
2011: Member of the Editorial Board, Emerging Themes in Epidemiology.
2001–2017: Editor-in-chief, International Journal of Epidemiology.
- Article Leon D. A., Shkolnikov V., Smeeth L., Magnus P., Pechholdová M., Jarvis C. COVID-19: a need for real-time monitoring of weekly excess deaths // The Lancet. 2020 doi
- Article Petersen J., Kontsevaya A., McKee M., Richardson E., Cook S., Malyutina S., Kudryavtsev A. V., Leon D. A. Primary care use and cardiovascular disease risk in Russian 40–69 year olds: a cross-sectional study // Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health. 2020 doi
- Article Danilova I. A., Shkolnikov V., Andreev E. M., Leon D. A. The changing relation between alcohol and life expectancy in Russia in 1965–2017 // Drug and Alcohol Review. 2020. P. 1-7. doi
- Article Shkolnikov V., Churilova E., Jdanov D., Shalnova S., Nilssen O., Kudryavtsev A., Cook S., Malyutina S., McKee M., Leon D. A. Time trends in smoking in Russia in the light of recent tobacco control measures: synthesis of evidence from multiple sources // BMC Public Health. 2020. Vol. 20. No. 378. P. 1-11. doi
- Article Petersen J., Malyutina S., Ryabikov A., Kontsevaya A., Kudryavtsev A. V., Eggen A. E., McKee M., Cook S., Hopstock L. A., Schirmer H., Leon D. A. Uncontrolled and apparent treatment resistant hypertension: a cross-sectional study of Russian and Norwegian 40–69 year olds // BMC Cardiovascular Disorders. 2020. Vol. 20. No. 135. P. 1-11. doi
- Preprint Leon D. A., Jarvis C., Johnson A., Smeeth L., Shkolnikov V. What can trends in hospital deaths from COVID-19 tell us about the progress and peak of the pandemic? An analysis of death counts from England announced up to 25 April 2020 / medRxiv. Series COVID-19 SARS-CoV-2 "medRxiv ". 2020. doi
Selected research grants and contract after 2010
|2014-2019||Cardiovascular Disease in Russia (Norwegian Ministry of Health)|
|2013-2019||Cardiovascular Disease in Russia (UiT Arctic University of Norway)|
|2013-2017||Cardiovascular Disease in Russia : Strategic Award (Wellcome Trust)|
|2010-2016||2012 Birth Cohort Study – The Life Study (ESRC & MRC)|
|2011-2013||Reimbursement for time of Life Study SSC member (UCL)|
|2006-2011||Alcohol and mortality in Russia: from aetiology to intervention (Wellcome Trust)|
On April 24, the regular seminar of the Modern Demography series was held. At the seminar, David A. Leon (Chief Research Fellow at the HSE University; Professor of Epidemiology at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine; Adjunct Professor at the UiT The Arctic University of Norway) presented the report "Challenges in interpreting the mortality impact of COVID-19".
The interview with Professor Leon