- Assistant Professor:Faculty of Economic Sciences / Department of Applied Economics
- Senior Research Fellow:Center for Institutional Studies
- Timur Natkhov has been at HSE University since 2009.
Education and Degrees
Candidate of Sciences* (PhD) in Political Economy
Lomonosov Moscow State University
Stavropol State University
According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, Candidate of Sciences belongs to ISCED level 8 - "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar. Candidate of Sciences allows its holders to reach the level of the Associate Professor.
Young Faculty Support Program (Group of Young Academic Professionals)
Category "Future Professoriate" (2012-2013)
Category "New Lecturers" (2009-2011)
Student Term / Thesis Papers
G. Goncharov, Textual Analysis for Price Prediction in Real Estate. HSE Tikhonov Moscow Institute of Electronics and Mathematics (MIEM HSE), 2020
S. Khurulbaeva, Human Capital in Russia: Investments and Returns. Faculty of Economic Sciences, 2020
- 2019Economic History and Historical Political Economy of Russia (Мэдисон). Presentation: All Along the Watchtower: Military Defense Lines and the Origins of Russian Serfdom.
- Russian Economic History Conference (State College). Presentation: Technology Diffusion in Agrarian Societies: the Effect of Volga Germans in Russian Empire.
- 2015Warwick Summer Workshop in Economic Growth (Warwick). Presentation: Colonization and Development: the Long-Term Effect of Russian Settlement in the North Caucasus, 1890-2000s
- 201317th Annual Conference of The International Society for New Institutional Economics (ISNIE) (Florence). Presentation: Colonization, Human Capital and Development: the Long-term Effect of Russian Settlement in the North Caucasus, 1890s-2000s
- 2012European Economic Association and the Econometric Society European meeting (EEA-ESEM) (Málaga). Presentation: Institutions and the Allocation of Talent: Cross-Country Evidence
- Article Polishchuk L., Timur Natkhov. Quality of Institutions and the Allocation of Talent: Cross-National Evidence // Kyklos. 2019. Vol. 72. No. 4. P. 527-569. doi
- Preprint Vasilenok N., Natkhov T. Skilled Minorities and Technology Adoption: Evidence from German Settlements in the Russian Empire / NRU Higher School of Economics. Series WP BRP "Economics/EC". 2019. No. WP BRP 220/EC/2019.
- Article Natkhov T. Colonization and development: the long-term effect of Russian settlement in the North Caucasus, 1890-2000s // Journal of Comparative Economics. 2015. Vol. 43. No. 1. P. 76-97.
- Article Menyashev R., Natkhov T., Polishchuk L., Syunyaev G. R. New Institutional Economics: A State-of-the-Art Review for Economic Sociologists // Economic sociology - The European electronic newsletter. 2011. Vol. 13. No. 1. P. 12-21.
Timur Natkhov and Natalia Vasilenok presented at the Summer Workshop in the Economic History of Russia
Timur Natkhov, Senior Research Fellow at CInSt, and Natalia Vasilenok, Research Assistant at CInSt, took part in the poster-session at the Summer Workshop in the Economic History and Historical Political Economy of Russia on July 27-31. The workshop was co-organized by the University of Chicago, Caltech and NES. Timur and Natalia presented an article "Skilled Minorities and Technology Adoption: Evidence from the German Settlements in the Russian Empire".
An updated version of the working paper by Timur Natkhov and Natalia Vasilenok is now available at SSRN
"Ploughs, Fairs and Skills: the Volga Germans and Technology Adoption in Late Imperial Russia", an updated version of the working paper by Timur Natkhov, Senior Research Fellow at CInSt, and Natalia Vasilenok, Research Assistant at CInSt, has been published at SSRN.
A joint research seminar of the Laboratory for Labour Market Studies and the Centre for Labour Market Studies was held at HSE on October 8, 2019.
The St.Petersburg School of Economics and Management at HSE University hosted the second edition of the Analytics for Management and Economics Conference.
We invite everyone to join our research seminars. Seminars are held on Thursday at 18:10 in K416 (11 Pokrovskiy Boulevard, Moscow)
Timur Natkhov gave a presentation about origins of Russian serfdom at CInSt Research Seminar on the 21st of February.