- Deputy Dean for Research and International Relations:Faculty of Computer Science
- Academic Director:Doctoral School of Computer Science
- Associate Professor:Faculty of Computer Science / School of Data Analysis and Artificial Intelligence
- Sergei Obiedkov has been at HSE since 2006.
Education and Degrees
Candidate of Sciences* (PhD) in Theoretical Foundations of Computer Science
All-Russian Insitute for Scientific and Technical Information
Thesis Title: Algorithms and Methods of Lattice Theory and Their Application in Machine Learning
Doctoral programme in Theoretical computer science
Russian State University for the Humanities
Degree in Theoretical and applied linguistics
Russian State University for the Humanities, Faculty of Theoretical and Applied Linguistics
According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, Candidate of Sciences belongs to ISCED level 8 - "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar. Candidate of Sciences allows its holders to reach the level of the Associate Professor.
Young Faculty Support Program (Group of Young Academic Professionals)
Category "Future Professoriate" (2010-2011)
Student Term / Thesis Papers
R. Yarullin «Probably Approximately Correct Learning of Implication Theories from Queries». Faculty of Computer Science, 2017
N. Dolgopolov «Web-application for Visualization of Lexical-Semantic Fields Structures». Faculty of Computer Science, 2017
P. Belov «Development and Comparison of Algorithms for Constructing the Canonical Basis of Implications». Faculty of Computer Science, 2016
A. Nasedkin «Application for Professionals Search Based on Machine Learning Algorithms». Faculty of Computer Science, 2016
S. Vilmin «Horn Minimization». Faculty of Computer Science, 2018
- Algorithms and Data Structures (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Computer Science; programme "Applied Mathematics and Information Science"; 1 year, 2, 4 module)Rus
- Algorithms and Data Structures-2 (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Computer Science; programme "Applied Mathematics and Information Science"; 2 year, 1 module)Rus
- Chapter Ryzhova D., Obiedkov S. Formal Concept Lattices as Semantic Maps, in: CLLS 2016. Computational Linguistics and Language Science. Proceedings of the Workshop on Computational Linguistics and Language Science. Moscow, Russia, April 26, 2016 / Ed. by E. L. Chernyak, D. Ilvovsky, D. Skorinkin, A. Vybornova. Vol. 1886. Aachen : CEUR Workshop Proceedings, 2017. Ch. 10. P. 78-87.
- Chapter Borchmann D., Hanika T., Obiedkov S. On the Usability of Probably Approximately Correct Implication Bases, in: Formal Concept Analysis: 14th International Conference, ICFCA 2017, Rennes, France, June 13-16, 2017, Proceedings Vol. 10308. Cham : Springer, 2017. doi P. 72-88. doi
- Article Obiedkov S. Parameterized ceteris paribus preferences over atomic conjunctions under conservative semantics // Theoretical Computer Science. 2017. Vol. 658. No. Part B. P. 375-390. doi
- Book CEUR Workshop Proceedings. Proceedings of the International Workshop on Social Network Analysis using Formal Concept Analysis (SNAFCA 2015) / Ed. by R. Missaoui, S. Kuznetsov, S. Obiedkov. Issue 1534: SNAFCA 2015 Social Network Analysis using Formal Concept Analysis. Malaga : CEUR Workshop Proceedings, 2015.
- Chapter Obiedkov S., Romashkin N. S. Collaborative Conceptual Exploration as a Tool for Crowdsourcing Domain Ontologies, in: RuZA 2015 Workshop. Proceedings of Russian and South African Workshop on Knowledge Discovery Techniques Based on Formal Concept Analysis (RuZA 2015). November 30 - December 5, 2015, Stellenbosch, South Africa / Ed. by S. Kuznetsov, B. W. Watson. Vol. 1552. Aachen : CEUR Workshop Proceedings, 2015. P. 58-70.
- Chapter Panchenko A., Babaev D., Obiedkov S. Large-Scale Parallel Matching of Social Network Profiles, in: Analysis of Images, Social Networks and Texts. 4th International Conference, AIST 2015, Yekaterinburg, Russia, April 9–11, 2015, Revised Selected Papers / Ed. by M. Y. Khachay, N. Konstantinova, A. Panchenko, D. I. Ignatov, V. Labunets. Vol. 542: Series: Communications in Computer and Information Science. Switzerland : Springer, 2015. P. 275-285.
- Article Konstantin Bazhanov, Obiedkov S. Optimizations in computing the Duquenne–Guigues basis of implications // Annals of Mathematics and Artificial Intelligence. 2014. Vol. 70. No. 1-2. P. 5-24. doi
- Article Муравьев Н. А., Панченко А. И., Объедков С. А. Неологизмы в социальной сети Фейсбук // Компьютерная лингвистика и интеллектуальные технологии. 2014. № 13. С. 440-454.
- Article Obiedkov S., Mikhail Klimushkin, Shabanova M., Dmitry Zaytsev. A Multidimensional Model for Analyzing Democratic Development in Central and Eastern Europe // Transition Studies Review. 2013. Vol. 20. No. 2. P. 191-209. doi
- Chapter Obiedkov S. Ceteris Paribus Preferences: Prediction via Abduction, in: Formal Aspects of Computing: Essays dedicated to Derrick Kourie on the occasion of his 65th Birthday. Aachen : Shaker, 2013. Ch. 2. P. 45-56.
- Chapter Obiedkov S. Modeling ceteris paribus preferences in formal concept analysis, in: Formal Concept Analysis / Ed. by P. Cellier, F. Distel, B. Ganter. Vol. 7880. Berlin, Heidelberg : Springer, 2013. P. 188-202.
- Article Kryszkiewicz M., Obiedkov Sergei, Ras Z. W. Concept Lattices and Their Applications: Preface // Fundamenta Informaticae. 2012. Vol. 115. No. 4. P. i-ii.
- Chapter Obiedkov S. From preferences over objects to preferences over concepts, in: Proceedings of the 6th Multidisciplinary Workshop on Advances in Preference Handling (in conjunction with ECAI 2012). Montpellier : Montpellier 2 University, 2012.
- Chapter Obiedkov S. Modeling preferences over attribute sets in formal concept analysis, in: Formal Concept Analysis. 10th International Conference, ICFCA 2012, Leuven, Belgium, May 7-10, 2012 Proceedings Vol. 7278. Berlin, Heidelberg : Springer, 2012. P. 227-243.
- Article Kourie D. G., Obiedkov S., Watson B. W., van der Merwe D. An incremental algorithm to construct a lattice of set intersections // Science of Computer Programming. 2009. Vol. 74. No. 3. P. 128-142. doi
- Article Obiedkov S., Kourie D. G., Eloff J. Building access control models with attribute exploration // Computers and Security. 2009. Vol. 28. No. 1-2. P. 2-7.
- Article Roth C., Obiedkov S., Kourie D. G. On succinct representation of knowledge community taxonomies with formal concept analysis // International Journal of Foundations of Computer Science. 2008. Vol. 19. No. 2. P. 383-404. doi
- Article Kuznetsov S., Obiedkov S. Some Decision and Counting Problems of the Duquenne-Guigues Basis of Implications. Discrete Applied Mathematics 156(11): // Discrete Applied Mathematics. 2008. Vol. 156. No. 11. P. 1994-2003.
- Article Obiedkov S., Duquenne V. Attribute-incremental construction of the canonical implication basis // Annals of Mathematics and Artificial Intelligence. 2007. Vol. 49. No. 1. P. 77-99. doi
- Book Proceedings of the Workshop "Social Network Analysis and Conceptual Structures: Exploring Opportunities" / Ed. by S. Obiedkov, C. Roth. , 2007.
Conferences and Workshops
Dagstuhl Seminar "Horn formulas, directed hypergraphs, lattices and closure systems: related formalisms and applications", Dagstuhl, Germany, May 11–16, 2014
- Sergei Obiedkov, Parameterized Ceteris Paribus Preferences over Atomic Conjunctions
11th International Conference on Formal Concept Analysis, Dresden, Germany, May 21–24, 2013
- Sergei Obiedkov, Modeling Ceteris Paribus Preferences in Formal Concept Analysis (best paper award)
EPCL Basic Training Camp 2012, Technische Universität Dresden, Germany, December 10–21, 2012
- Sergei Obiedkov, Learning Ceteris Paribus Preferences
Data Analysis and Modeling Lab Research Seminar, Palacky University, Olomouc, Czech Republic, September 27, 2012
- Sergei Obiedkov, Modeling and Learning Preferences over Conjunctive Concepts
6th Multidisciplinary Workshop on Advances in Preference Handling, in conjunction with ECAI 2012, Montpellier, France, August 27, 2012
- Sergei Obiedkov, From Preferences over Objects to Preferences over Concepts
Anual PhD Workshop of the European PhD Program in Computational Logic, Technische Universität Dresden, Germany, July 11–13, 2012
- Sergei Obiedkov, Modeling Preferences with Formal Concept Analysis
10th International Conference on Formal Concept Analysis, Leuven, Belgium, May 6–10, 2012
- Sergei Obiedkov, Modeling Preferences over Attribute Sets in Formal Concept Analysis
8th International Conference on Concept Lattices and Their Applications, Nancy, France, October 17–20, 2011
- Konstantin Bazhanov and Sergei Obiedkov, Comparing Performance of Algorithms for Generating the Duquenne–Guigues Basis
Workshop on markup and its semantics, University of Bologna, Italy, April 14, 2011
- Sergei Obiedkov, Formal Concept Analysis for Knowledge Representation and Acquisition
IPSA-ECPR Joint Conference "Whatever Happened to North-South?", Sao Paulo, Brazil, February 16–18, 2011
- Sergei Obiedkov, Mikhail Klimushkin, Maria Shabanova, and Dmitry Zaytsev, A Multidimensional Model for Analyzing Democratic Development in Central and Eastern Europe
7th International Conference on Concept Lattices and Their Applications, Seville, Spain, October 18–21, 2010 (program co-chair)
8th International Conference on Formal Concept Analysis, Agadir, Morocco, March 14-18, 2010
- Mikhail Klimushkin, Sergei Obiedkov, and Camille Roth, Approaches to the Selection of Relevant Concepts in the Case of Noisy Data
- Sergei Obiedkov and Camille Roth, Social Network Analysis and Formal Concept Analysis (tutorial)
Coping with Complexity: Model Reduction and Data Analysis (Research Workshop), Ambleside, Lake District, UK, August 31 - September 4, 2009
- S. Obiedkov, N. Romashkin, J.-Ph. Cointet, C. Roth, Filtering lattice-based taxonomies with concept stability: A case study in the analysis of political texts
6th International Conference on Formal Concept Analysis, Montreal, Canada, February 25-28, 2008 (program co-chair)
Concept Lattices and Their Applications, Fourth International Conference, CLA 2006, Tunis, Tunisia, October 30 - November 1, 2006
- Camille Roth, Sergei A. Obiedkov, Derrick G. Kourie: Towards Concise Representation for Taxonomies of Epistemic Communities
14th International Conference on Conceptual Structures, ICCS 2006, Aalborg, Denmark, July 16-21, 2006
- Sergei A. Obiedkov, Derrick G. Kourie, Jan H. P. Eloff: On Lattices in Access Control Models
4th International Conference on Formal Concept Analysis, ICFCA 2006, Dresden, Germany, February 13-17, 2006
- Sergei O. Kuznetsov, Sergei A. Obiedkov: Counting Pseudo-intents and #P-completeness
Following a directive of the Rector, key HSE staff members have been awarded ‘Acknowledgement’ medals for their high professional achievements and devotion to work.
On 19-23 February 2018 the HSE delegation headed by HSE Rector Yaroslav Kuzminov made a grand tour in Italy visiting 7 partner universities in the North of Italy and meeting around 100 colleagues. HSE delegation members were honored to take part in theCeremony dedicated to 150th Anniversary of Ca' Foscari University of Venice  and official opening of the Academic Year 2017/2018 that was attended by Ca Foscari faculty staff and students, leaders of other local institutions and by the President of the Italian Republic Sergio Mattarella. Within the opening the HSE Rector took part in the academic procession together with Ca Foscari Rector Professor Michele Bugliesi and other 20 participants wearing their universities mantles including leaders of HSE partner universities such as Provost of University College London Professor Arthur, President of Korea University Professor Yeom, Rector of University of Naples Federico II Professir Manfredi, Rector of University of Bergamo Professor Pellegrini Morzenti and others.
 HSE cooperates with Ca Foscari University in Venice since 2012. As for now 16 students from Ca Foscari are on the exchange at HSE, and 18 HSE students study in Venice.
On July 18-22 the 13th International Conference on Concept Lattices and Their Applications was held at HSE. The conference has been organized since 2002. This year it was held in Russia for the first time. The event was organized by the International Laboratory for Intelligent Systems and Structural Analysis and the School of Data Analysis and Artificial Intelligence of HSE Faculty of Computer Science.
The Baltic Practice International Summer School, held by the HSE Public Policy Department, has celebrated its 15th anniversary. Its organizers and participants recently spoke about what’s most important for people to know about the Baltic Practice, and about why, after 15 years, the school is changing direction.
On Monday 28th September Bernhard Ganter, Professor of Science at the renowned university TU-Dresden in Germany, co-founder and co-director of the Museum of Mathematics, Erlebnisland-Mathematik, will give a public lecture at HSE on Mathematics as an Adventure.
On 14 May was held Scopus Award Russia cerenony. One of the winners Sergey Obiedkov, Associate Professor and Research fellow of our Department.
Last year was designated the year of Russia in Italy and Italy in Russia. Nina Belyaeva, Head of the HSE Department of Public Policy, told us about the HSE’s cooperation with one of its key Italian partners – the University of Bologna, as well as about new academic mobility opportunities for HSE undergraduate and postgraduate students.