- Research Assistant:Faculty of Computer Science / AI and Digital Science Institute / International Laboratory of Bioinformatics
- Doctoral Student:Faculty of Computer Science / Big Data and Information Retrieval School
- Nazar Beknazarov has been at HSE University since 2018.
3rd year of study
Approved topic of thesis: Machine learning methods for predicting and analyzing Z-DNA
Academic Supervisor: Poptsova, Maria
- Chapter Beknazarov N., Poptsova M. DeepZ: A Deep Learning Approach for Z-DNA Prediction, in: Z-DNA: Methods and Protocols. United States of America : Springer, 2023. doi P. 217-226. doi (in press)
- Chapter Poptsova M., Умеренков Д., Fedorov A., Pavlov F., Beknazarov N., Konovalov D., Данилова А. В., Кох В., Herbert A. Regulatory potential of flipons revealed by deep learning., in: Proceedings of 11th Moscow Conference on Computational Molecular Biology MCCMB'23. , 2023.
- Article Umerenkov D., Herbert A., Konovalov Dmitrii, Danilova A., Beknazarov N., Kokh V., Fedorov A., Poptsova M. Z-flipon variants reveal the many roles of Z-DNA and Z-RNA in health and disease // Life Science Alliance. 2023. Vol. 6. No. 7. Article e202301962. doi
- Article Umerenkov D., Herbert A., Konovalov D., Данилова А. В., Beknazarov N., Кох В., Fedorov A., Poptsova M. Z-flipon variants reveal the many roles of Z-DNA and Z-RNA in health and disease // Life Science Alliance. 2023. Vol. 6. No. 7. P. 1-23. doi (in press)
- Chapter Коновалов Д. Л., Бекназаров Н. С., Герберт А., Попцова М. С. Консервативные Z-флипоны и ассоциированные с ними омиксные факторы, в геномах мыши и человека. // В кн.: Proceedings of 11th Moscow Conference on Computational Molecular Biology MCCMB'23. , 2023.
- Article Zhang T., Yin C., Fedorov A., Qiao L., Bao H., Beknazarov N., Wang S., Gautam A., Williams M. R., Crawford J. C., Peri S., Studitsky V., Beg A. A., Thomas P. G., Walkley C., Xu Y., Poptsova M., Herbert A., Balachandran S. ADAR1 masks the cancer immunotherapeutic promise of ZBP1-driven necroptosis // Nature. 2022. Vol. 606. No. 7914. P. 594-602. doi
- Article Beknazarov N., Jin S., Poptsova M. Deep learning approach for predicting functional Z-DNA regions using omics data // Scientific Reports. 2020. Vol. 10. P. 19134. doi
A team of researchers that includes experts from the International Laboratory of Bioinformatics of the Faculty of Computer Science, HSE University has presented a new way to fight melanoma. The scientists discovered that a form of DNA molecule entering cancer cells is able to induce an immune response similar to the body's response to a virus. As a result, the cells that support tumour growth are killed and the patient begins to respond to anti-cancer therapy again. The results of the study have been published in the Nature.
The second international Summer School on Machine Learning in Bioinformatics took place on August 23–27. This year’s school featured 533 participants from 53 countries.
On January 25, 2021, an International Laboratory of Bioinformatics opened at the Faculty of Computer Science. The main goal of the laboratory is to determine the role of alternative DNA structures in the genome.