- Postgraduate Student:HSE Campus in St. Petersburg / Saint-Petersburg School of Social Sciences and Area Studies / Department of Sociology
- Research Assistant:HSE Campus in St. Petersburg / Saint-Petersburg School of Social Sciences and Area Studies / Internet Studies Lab
- Sergey Pashakhin has been at HSE since 2016.
Higher School of Economics
Degree in Social Work
Tomsk State University of Control Systems and Radioelectronics
Young Faculty Support Program (Group of Young Academic Professionals)
Category "New Researchers" (2019)
1st year of study
Approved topic of thesis: Topic of Thesis not yet confirmed
Academic Supervisor: Koltsova, Olessia
- Social Media Analytics (Bachelor’s programme; Saint-Petersburg School of Social Sciences and Area Studies; programme "Sociology"; 4 year, 1, 2 module)Eng
- Social Media Analytics (Bachelor’s programme; Saint-Petersburg School of Social Sciences and Area Studies; programme "Sociology and Social Informatics"; 3 year, 1, 2 module)Eng
- Article Koltsova O., Pashakhin S. Agenda Divergence in A Developing Conflict: A Quantitative Evidence from A Ukrainian and A Russian TV Newsfeeds // Media, War and Conflict. 2019 (in press)
- Chapter Koltsov S., Pashakhin S., Dokuka S. A Full-Cycle Methodology for News Topic Modeling and User Feedback Research, in: Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics). 10th International Conference on Social Informatics, SocInfo 2018; St.Petersburg. Cham: Springer, 2018. P. 308-321. doi
- Preprint Koltsova O., Pashakhin S. Agenda Divergence in a Developing Conflict: A Quantitative Evidence from a Ukrainian and a Russian TV Newsfeeds / National research university Higher School of economics. Series WP BRP "Basic research program". 2017. No. 79/SOC/2017.
- Chapter Pashakhin S. Topic Modeling for Frame Analysis of News Media, in: Proceedings of the Artificial Intelligence and Natural Language AINL FRUCT 2016 Conference, Saint-Petersburg, Russia, 10-12 November 2016 / Сост.: S. I. Balandin, А. Фильченков, Л. М. Пивоварова, J. Zizka. FRUCT Oy, 2016. P. 103-106.
- 201868th Annual Conference of the International Communication Association: Voices (Прага). Presentation: Agenda Divergence in a Developing Conflict: A Quantitative Evidence from A Ukrainian and a Russian TV Newsfeeds
- The 10th International Conference on Social Informatics (Socinfo2018) (Saint Petersburg). Presentation: A full-cycle methodology for news topic modeling and user feedback research
- 20175th International Conference COMPARATIVE MEDIA STUDIES IN TODAY’S WORLD: Media Transformations in Times of Technological Boom and Political Polarization (Saint Petersburg). Presentation: The Representation of Ukrainian Crisis in News: Frame Analysis with Topic Modelling
- 2016Artificial Intelligence and Natural Language (AINL) 2016 (Санкт-Петербург). Presentation: Topic Modeling for Frame Analysis of News Media
It has been become such a good tradition to obtain "gifts" from HSE Academic Fund at the Christmas Eve!
International Communication Association (ICA) announced the results of the best-paper contest. In the section of political communication studies, the article by Sergei Pashahin, Olessya Koltsova and Svetlana Alexeeva was named the best paper in this category.
Staff of LINIS presented their papers at the International conference Artificial Intelligence and Natural Language-2016 (AINL) held 10-12 November in Saint-Petersburg (Russia).