Alexey Alexandrovich Pleshkov
- Deputy Director:Poletayev Institute for Theoretical and Historical Studies in the Humanities
- Lecturer:Faculty of Humanities / School of Philosophy
- Alexey Alexandrovich Pleshkov has been at HSE since 2008.
Education and Degrees
Candidate of Sciences* (PhD)
Higher School of Economics
Master in Philosophical Anthropology
Higher School of Economics, Philosophy
According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, Candidate of Sciences belongs to ISCED level 8 - "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar. Candidate of Sciences allows its holders to reach the level of the Associate Professor.
Continuing education / Professional retraining / Internships / Study abroad experience
- Academic visitor, Philosophy Department, University of Oxford, UK. Participation in the research project “Power Structuralism in Ancient Ontologies” (October 2013–March 2014)
- Student, Institute for Interdisciplinary Studies Artes Liberales, Warsaw University, Poland. Participation in the summer school “Classical Tradition and Authority in Social Dimension” (April–May 2009)
Young Faculty Support Program (Group of Young Academic Professionals)
Category "New Researchers" (2011-2012)
Honours and Awards
- Winner of the international students’ research works competition Time in the mirror of science (Kiev, Ukraine) 2011
- Oxford Russian Fund scholarship (2010–2011)
- Winner of the annual international student’s research works competition at NRU HSE 2009
- Winner of the annual international student’s research works competition at NRU HSE 2008
- Practical Philosophy: What and how determines human behavior? (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Humanities; programme "Philosophy"; 2 year, 3, 4 module)Rus
- Sophocles, Plato, Alexander and beyond (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Humanities; 3 year, 3, 4 module)Rus
- The philosophy of the ancient world and of the Middle Ages (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Humanities; programme "Philosophy"; 2 year, 1, 2 module)Rus
Dissertation for a degree of Candidate of Science
- Article Pleshkov A. A. Plato’s Theory of Language: the Isomorphism of Kosmos and Logos in the Timaeus // Problemos. 2017. No. 91. P. 128-140. doi
- Preprint Pleshkov A. A. Master Or Servant: Language In Thomas Hobbes’ Political Philosophy / Basic Research Programme. Series HUM "Humanities". 2014. No. 69.
- 2018Time after Time (Бонн). Presentation: Before Time: Eternity and Instantaneousness in Plato
- 2017Reception of Ancient Political Ideas and Models in Modern European Culture till the end of the 20th Century. Current Research and Future Perspectives. (Зелёна-Гура). Presentation: Time as a Political Resource: Towards Plato’s Understanding of Time
- 2014Power Structuralism in Ancient Ontologies (Оксфорд). Presentation: Instantaneousness—Time—Eternity as Modes of Existence in Plato’s “Timaeus”
- 2013Power Structuralism in Ancient Ontologies (Оксфорд). Presentation: In Search of Eternity: Concept AIŌN in Plato’s Timaeus
- 2010Conceptual History: Concepts, Metaphors, and Discourses (Москва). Presentation: Two Eternities of Heraclitus: the Term AION from Homer to Aristotle
On February 23 Deputy director of IGITI Aleksei Pleshkov took part in the international workshop “Time after Time”, organized by the Society for Philosophy of Time at the University of Bonn.
Research fellow of IGITI Aleksei Pleshkov became a member of the Society for Philosophy of Time (SPoT). SPoT is a network for researches working on the philosophy of time. This includes the metaphysics of time, the nature of persistence through time as well as linguistic references to the present moment. SPoT explicitly encourages an interdisciplinary approach, including results from physics, psychology and linguistics.
Aleksei Pleshkov participated in a conference "Reception of Ancient Political Ideas and Models in Modern European Culture till the end of the 20th Century" at the University of Zielona Góra (Poland).
On March 24, 2017, Julia Leikina, Ph.D., a research fellow at University College London, talked about how scholarly reviews can help in establishing a sub-discipline. She used the naval history of eighteenth-century Russia as an example.
Alexey Pleshov, junior research fellow of IGITI, has published a paper "Plato's Theory of Language: the Isomorphism of Kosmos and Logos in the Timaeus" (vol. 91, 2017).
On September 9, 2016, VI Poletayev Memorial Readings entitled "Natual Sciences and Humanities: New Interaction (Dis)Order" were held at the Higher School of Economics. Among the participants were two guest speakers: Karl Hall from Central European University (Budapest) and Kornelius Borck from Lübeck University (Lübeck).