- Leading Research Fellow:Linguistic Convergence Laboratory
- Associate Professor:Faculty of Humanities / School of Linguistics
- Pavel Rudnev has been at HSE University since 2017.
Education and Degrees
PhD in General linguistics
University of Groningen
Thesis Title: Dependency and discourse-configurationality: A study of Avar
Chelyabinsk State University
Awards and Accomplishments
Student Term / Thesis Papers
F. Baykov, Case Characteristics of Floating Quantifiers in Modern Russian Infinitival Clauses. Faculty of Humanities, 2020
I. Netkachev, The Syntax of the Indonesian Noun Phrase. Faculty of Humanities, 2020
- Formal approaches to natural language (Master’s programme; Faculty of Humanities; 1 year, 1, 2 module)Rus
- Theoretical Models and Methods in Language Description (Master’s programme; Faculty of Humanities; 1 year, 3, 4 module)Eng
- Article Rudnev P. Agreeing adpositions in Avar and the directionality of valuation debate // Linguistic Inquiry. 2020. Vol. 51. No. 4. P. 829-844. doi (in press)
- Article Rudnev P., Volkova A. A. Case marking in Russian eventive nominalisations revisited // Russian linguistics. 2020. Vol. 44. No. 2. P. 157-175. doi
- Article Rudnev P. The Anaphor Agreement Effect is not about featural deficiency: Evidence from Avar // Glossa: a journal of general linguistics. 2020. Vol. 5. No. 1. P. 1-19. doi
- Preprint Moroz G., Plaskovitskaya A. A., Rudnev P. Automatic detection of natural phonological classes in Russian Sign Language / NRU HSE. Series WP BRP "Linguistics". 2018. No. 74.
- Article Rudnev P. Minimal pronouns, logophoricity and long-distance reflexivisation in Avar // Studia Linguistica. 2017. Vol. 71. No. 1-2. P. 154-177. doi
- Book Rudnev, Pavel. Dependency and discourse-configurationality: A study of Avar. Groningen : Wohrmann Print Services, 2015.
- Article Rudnev P. Events, locations and situations: On the interaction of negation and finiteness in Avar // Linguistics in the Netherlands. 2015. Vol. 32. P. 142-154. doi
- Article Rudnev P. Why Turkish kendisi is a pronominal // Ural-Altaic Studies. 2011. Vol. 4. No. 1. P. 76-92.
- Article Руднев П. В. Рефлексивы в дагестанских языках и природа анафорических отношений // Acta Linguistica Petropolitana. Труды института лингвистических исследований. 2011. Т. VII. № 3. С. 184-188.
- Article Rudnev P. Review of: Glyn Hicks. 2009. The Derivation of Anaphoric Relations (John Benjamins, Amsterdam) // Oslo studies in language. 2010. Vol. 2. No. 3. P. 651-661.
- 2019Formal Approaches to Russian Linguistics 3 (Москва). Presentation: Towards an exhaustification analysis of plain disjunction in Russian
- 51st Annual Meeting of the Societas Linguistica Europaea (Таллинн). Presentation: Plain disjunction markers in Russian and positive polarity
- Groningen Syntax Seminar. Presentation: Agreeing adpositions in Avar and theories of Agree
- Андийский семинар (Москва). Presentation: О природе ограничений на выражение отрицания в аварском языке
- 2015Syntax Interface Lectures (Utrecht). Presentation: The interaction of negation and disjunction in Russian
18-05-0053 "Modality effects in the syntax of Russian Sign Language" (2018; PI: Natalia Slioussar)
The 53rd SLE conference was held in an unconventional format for the first time in history. The Linguistic convergence laboratory was represented by a number of talks.
Every year, HSE hires post-doctoral researchers from all over the world. And in 2017-18, more than 30 of them started work at laboratories and research centres in a large range of fields and specializations. The HSE Lookis pleased to introduce this year’s international researchers, so that you can learn more about your colleagues and find out about opportunities for potential collaboration.