- Leading Research Fellow:Expert Institute / Laboratory for Comparative Studies in Mass Consciousness
- Associate Professor:Faculty of Social Sciences / School of Sociology / Department of Sociological Research Methods
- Maksim Rudnev has been at HSE since 2009.
Education and Degrees
Candidate of Sciences* (PhD) in Social Structure, Social Institutes and Processes
Institute of Sociology of the Russian Academy of Sciences
Thesis Title: Basic human values of Russians in comparison with other Europeans
Dubnov Higher School for Humanities
According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, Candidate of Sciences belongs to ISCED level 8 - "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar. Candidate of Sciences allows its holders to reach the level of the Associate Professor.
Young Faculty Support Program (Group of Young Academic Professionals)
Category "New Researchers" (2012-2013)
- Introduction to Structural Equation Modeling (Master’s programme; Faculty of Social Sciences; programme "Comparative Social Research"; 1 year, 2 module)Eng
- Multidimensional Data Analysis Methods (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Social Sciences; programme "Sociology"; spec. "Прикладные методы социологических исследований"; 4 year, 1-3 module)Rus
Preparing and Presenting of Graduate Thesis (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Social Sciences; programme "Sociology"; spec. "Прикладные методы социологических исследований"; 4 year, 4 module)Rus
Student Term / Thesis Papers
S. Pevganen «Impact of Cultural and Personal Values on Redistributive Attitudes: Crosscountry Comparison». Faculty of Social Sciences, 2017
I. Arefeva «Gender and Occupational Status as Predictors of Work-family Conflict in Europe: an Intersectional Approach». Faculty of Social Sciences, 2017
E. Makurina «The Effect of Design of the Poles of the Scales in Web Questionnaire on Respondents' Answers (Symbolic and Verbal Design)». Faculty of Social Sciences, 2017
T. Merezhko «Familism as a Gap between Generalized and Particularized Trust and its Determinants». Faculty of Social Sciences, 2017
A. Marchenko «The Comparison of 3 Methods of Satisficing Measurements in Online-Surveys». Faculty of Social Sciences, 2016
P. Lukina «Mental Images of Funeral Ceremony and Its Pre-planning: Mixed Methods Research». Faculty of Social Sciences, 2016
T. Chikkina «THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN INTERNET USE and SUBJECTIVE WELL-BEING: META-ANALYSIS of PREVIOUS STUDIES». Faculty of Sociology, 2014
A. Savel`kaeva «National and Individual Determinants towards Science and Technology: Multi-Level Analysis of Coutries around the World». Faculty of Sociology, 2014
S. Evstratova «Impact of Work Values on Work-Family Conflict». Faculty of Social Sciences, 2016
Articles and book chapters6
- Chapter Rudnev M., Magun V., Schmidt P. Basic Human Values: Stability of Value Typology in Europe, in: Values, economic crisis and democracy. Abingdon : Routledge, 2016. Ch. 2. P. 21-49.
- Article Magun V., Rudnev M., Schmidt P. Within-and Between-Country Value Diversity in Europe: A Typological Approach // European Sociological Review. 2016. Vol. 32. No. 2, First published online: August 24, 2015. P. 189-202. doi
- Chapter Magun V., Rudnev M. Basic Human Values of the Russians: Both Different from and Similar to Other Europeans, in: Culture Matters in Russia and Everywhere: Backdrop for the Russia-Ukraine Conflict / Ed. by L. Harrison, E. G. Yasin. Lanham : Lexington Books, 2015.
- Article Dobewall H., Rudnev Maksim. Common and Unique Features of Schwartz’s and Inglehart’s Value Theories at the Country and Individual Levels // Cross - Cultural Research. 2014. Vol. 48. No. 1. P. 45-77. doi
- Article Rudnev M. Value Adaptation Among Intra-European Migrants: Role of Country of Birth and Country of Residence // Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology. 2014. Vol. 45. No. 10. P. 1626 -1642. doi
- Article Magun V., Rudnev M. Basic Values of Russians and Other Europeans // Problems of Economic Transition. 2012. Vol. 54. No. 10. P. 31-64.
- Preprint Rudnev M., Савелькаева А. С. Public Support for the Right to Euthanasia: The Competing Roles of Values and Religiosity Across 35 Nations / NRU Higher School of Economics. Series PSY "Psychology". 2016. No. 59.
- Preprint Magun V., Rudnev M. Basic human values of Russians: both different from and similar to other Europeans / NRU Higher School of Economics. Series SOC "Sociology". 2013. No. WP BRP 23SOC2013.
An international workshop, ‘Germany’s Transformation after its Unification: Current Situation and Lessons for Other Countries’ was held on September 12th and 13th, 2013 at the HSE. The workshop was organized by the HSE in collaboration with the Liberal Mission Foundation and with the support of the Friedrich Naumann Foundation.