- Leading Research Fellow:Expert Institute / Laboratory for Comparative Studies in Mass Consciousness
- Associate Professor:Faculty of Social Sciences / School of Sociology / Department of Sociological Research Methods
- Maksim Rudnev has been at HSE University since 2009.
Education and Degrees
Candidate of Sciences* (PhD) in Social Structure, Social Institutes and Processes
Institute of Sociology of the Russian Academy of Sciences
Thesis Title: Basic human values of Russians in comparison with other Europeans
Sholokhov Moscow State University for Humanities
According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, Candidate of Sciences belongs to ISCED level 8 - "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar. Candidate of Sciences allows its holders to reach the level of the Associate Professor.
Young Faculty Support Program (Group of Young Academic Professionals)
Category "New Researchers" (2012-2013)
Student Term / Thesis Papers
I. Chernysh «Factors of Tobacco Smoking among Russian Youth». Faculty of Social Sciences, 2019
A. Likhacheva «Values in Animated Films: Content-Analysis of Popular Children's TV Programs in Russia». Faculty of Social Sciences, 2019
D. Bushina «Individual Determinants of Leaving Religion: Life Events Analysis». Faculty of Social Sciences, 2019
S. Baytimerova «The Relationship between Political Activity and Basic Human Values: Comparative Study». Faculty of Social Sciences, 2018
A. Remizova «Concurrent Validity of the Moral Grounds Scale in Values Surveys». Faculty of Social Sciences, 2018
E. Andreeva «Models of Behavior of State Hospitals Physicians in the Situation of Assignment Paid Procedures». Faculty of Social Sciences, 2018
I. Arefeva «Gender and Occupational Status as Predictors of Work-family Conflict in Europe: an Intersectional Approach». Faculty of Social Sciences, 2017
T. Merezhko «Familism as a Gap between Generalized and Particularized Trust and its Determinants». Faculty of Social Sciences, 2017
P. Lukina «Mental Images of Funeral Ceremony and Its Pre-planning: Mixed Methods Research». Faculty of Social Sciences, 2016
A. Marchenko «The Comparison of 3 Methods of Satisficing Measurements in Online-Surveys». Faculty of Social Sciences, 2016
T. Chikkina «THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN INTERNET USE and SUBJECTIVE WELL-BEING: META-ANALYSIS of PREVIOUS STUDIES». Faculty of Sociology, 2014
A. Savel`kaeva «National and Individual Determinants towards Science and Technology: Multi-Level Analysis of Coutries around the World». Faculty of Sociology, 2014
N. Zhebrak «Specifics of the Political Activism of Elderly Citizens of Russia, the Czech Republic and Sweden: Comparative Analysis». Faculty of Sociology, 2014
S. Evstratova «Impact of Work Values on Work-Family Conflict». Faculty of Social Sciences, 2016
DataCamp is supporting this course by providing the access to its great website. It's especially useful to those students who really want to develop their skills in data analysis and visualization in R (and Python).
Rudnev M. (2017-2019) Trends in basic values in European countries. Shiny App. http://apps.maksimrudnev.com:3838/shiny_values/
- Article Rudnev M., Savelkaeva Aleksandra. Public Support for the Right to Euthanasia: Impact of Traditional Religiosity and Autonomy Values Across 37 Nations // International Journal of Comparative Sociology. 2018. Vol. 59. No. 4. P. 301-318. doi
- Article Rudnev M., Magun V., Schwartz S. Relations Among Higher Order Values Around the World // Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology. 2018. Vol. 49. No. 8. P. 1165-1182. doi
- Article Rudnev M., Lytkina E., Davidov E., Schmidt P., Zick A. Testing Measurement Invariance for a Second-Order Factor: A Cross-National Test of the Alienation Scale // Methods, data, analyses. 2018. Vol. 12. No. 1. P. 47-76. doi
- Chapter Rudnev M. Testing for invariance of latent classes: Group-as-covariate approach, in: Cross-cultural analysis: methods and applications, second edition / Отв. ред.: E. Davidov, P. Schmidt, J. Billiet, B. Meuleman. 2 edition. L. : Routledge, 2018. Ch. 16. P. 449-480. doi
- Article Rudnev M., Vauclair C. The Link Between Personal Values and Frequency of Drinking Depends on Cultural Values: A Cross-Level Interaction Approach // Frontiers in Psychology. 2018. Vol. 9. No. 1379. P. 1-13. doi
- Chapter Rudnev M., Magun V., Schmidt P. Basic Human Values: Stability of Value Typology in Europe, in: Values, economic crisis and democracy. Abingdon : Routledge, 2016. Ch. 2. P. 21-49. doi
- Article Magun V., Rudnev M., Schmidt P. Within-and Between-Country Value Diversity in Europe: A Typological Approach // European Sociological Review. 2016. Vol. 32. No. 2, First published online: August 24, 2015. P. 189-202. doi
- Article Dobewall H., Rudnev Maksim. Common and Unique Features of Schwartz’s and Inglehart’s Value Theories at the Country and Individual Levels // Cross - Cultural Research. 2014. Vol. 48. No. 1. P. 45-77. doi
- Article Rudnev M. Value Adaptation Among Intra-European Migrants: Role of Country of Birth and Country of Residence // Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology. 2014. Vol. 45. No. 10. P. 1626 -1642. doi
International Workshop “Social Inequality and Value Polarization: A Cross-Country Perspective” Opened Its Doors at HSE St.Petersburg
The International workshop “Social Inequality and Value Polarization: a Cross-Country Perspective”, co-organized by the Laboratory for Comparative Social Research and the Department of Sociology at the HSE in St.Petersburg, opened its doors on September 16, 2019.
An international workshop, ‘Germany’s Transformation after its Unification: Current Situation and Lessons for Other Countries’ was held on September 12th and 13th, 2013 at the HSE. The workshop was organized by the HSE in collaboration with the Liberal Mission Foundation and with the support of the Friedrich Naumann Foundation.