- Research Assistant:Center for Institutional Studies / International Research Laboratory for Institutional Analysis of Economic Reforms
- Stanislav Avdeev has been at HSE University since 2018.
Stanislav Avdeev is a research assistant at the Center for Institutional Studies and MSc student at Higher School of Economics in Moscow, Russia. His research focuses on economics of education, labour economics, and applied microeconomics.
His Master's thesis aims to estimate the short-term effects of the introduction of the Bologna Process on earnings and employment rate of recent undergraduates in Russian universities.
Financial University under the Government of the Russian Federation
Thesis: Essays on Student Loans: Development, Issues and Prospects of Russian and Foreign Banks
Honors and Awards
Scholar, Oxford Russia Fund, 2019-2020
- 20197th International Summer School on Higher Education Research (Saint Petersburg). Presentation: International collaboration in higher education research: a gravity model approach
- 63rd Annual Conference of the Comparative and International Education Society (San Francisco). Presentation: Reconstructing the field of higher education research through an analysis of academic journals
- 6th Summer School on Higher Education (Jyväskylä). Presentation: International collaboration in higher education research: a gravity model approach
- 32nd Annual Conference of the Consortium of Higher Education Researchers (CHER) (Kassel). Presentation: Is there a consensus on key journals in the field of higher education?
- 6th International Conference on Modern Econometric Tools and Applications (Nizhny Novgorod). Presentation: International collaboration in higher education research: a gravity model approach
- 10th International Russian Higher Education Conference (Moscow). Presentation: International collaboration in higher education research: a gravity model approach
Continuing education / Professional retraining / Internships / Study abroad experience
- Summer School on Econometric Methods for Forecasting and Data Science, August 2019, Tinbergen Institute, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- International Summer School on Economics of Education (World Bank - HSE University), July 2019, Institute of Education, Russia
- XIII Russian Summer School on Institutional Analysis, July 2019, Center for Institutional Studies, HSE University, Russia
- Crash Course in Economics of Education (Harry Patrinos, World Bank), April 2019, Institute of Education, HSE University, Russia
- Course "Using R for Data Analysis in Social Sciences", September - November 2018, HSE University, Russia
- XII Russian Summer School on Institutional Analysis, July 2018, Center for Institutional Studies, HSE University, Russia
- One semester studying at Saxion University of Applied Sciences, February - June 2018, The Netherlands
- One semester studying at Wroclaw University of Economics, October 2017 - January 2018, Poland
- The Effect of the Bologna Process on Graduate Labour Market: Quasi-experimental Evidence from Russia
- Returns to education: Do institutions matter?
- Higher education research
- Academic profession
- How to Conduct Higher Education, Laboratory for University Development, November 2017 - April 2018
- Micro-Level Factors of Economic Growth in Imperfect Institutional Environment, Institute for Industrial and Market Studies, January - April 2017
- Business Climate in Russia and Opportunities for Economic Growth: Comparative Regional Level Analysis, Institute for Industrial and Market Studies, January - March 2016
- Regional Expansion of Growing Companies, Institute for Industrial and Market Studies, November 2014 - April 2015
- Expedition Coordinator "Innovation in Education in the Republic of Tatarstan", 18 - 25 November 2018, Kazan
- Expedition Participant "Higher education in single-industry towns", Laboratory for University Development, 16 - 25 April 2018, Sverdlovskaya Oblast
“International Collaboration in Higher Education Research: a Gravity Model Approach” is a paper written by Stanislav Avdeev, Research Assistant at CInSt.
Stanislav Avdeev, research assistant at CInSt, was awarded the scholarship of the Oxford Russia Fund
Oxford Russia Fund was established in 2005 by graduates of the University of Oxford. The aim is to support promising Russian scholars in social sciences and to create a community of research-oriented students.
More than 160 proposal were submitted to the conference and only 64 papers were accepted among which there are 3 presentations by CInSt researchers.
We invite everyone to join the sessions which are run by CInSt researchers and listen to the CInSt presentations.
The conference took place at University of Kassel, Germany, and gathered 146 papers by researchers from over 30 countries. CInSt researchers addressed 5 different topics on higher education from bibliometrics to policy implications and economics of education.
We can hardly believe it, but the 2019 session of RSSIA has already come to an end! We received more than 100 applications, but only 24 of the strongest research proposals were accepted. Participants came from a wide range of countries: China, Belgium, Germany, India, Iran, Italy, Philippines, and Russia.
“In this mini-course, we’ve learned a great deal about what essentially spurs and what hinders educational reforms”
Harry Patrinos, Practice Manager for Europe and Central Asia at the World Bank Education, was visiting IOE this spring to lecture on what tops the international agenda in the economics of education and education policy. In between his talks, we asked the IOE faculty and students who attended for their firsthand impressions of this mini-course.
As the 2018 CHER International Higher Education Conference was underway at HSE Moscow during August 30 – September 1, we approached several IOE experts in between the forum sessions to ask about the most interesting topics and areas on the Conference agenda.