- Chief Research Fellow:Faculty of Computer Science / International Laboratory of Stochastic Algorithms and High-Dimensional Inference
- Sergey Bobkov has been at HSE University since 2018.
Education and Degrees
Doctor of Sciences*
Candidate of Sciences* (PhD)
Degree in Mathematics
Zhdanov Leningrad State University
According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, Candidate of Sciences belongs to ISCED level 8 - "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar. Candidate of Sciences allows its holders to reach the level of the Associate Professor.
A post-doctoral degree called Doctor of Sciences is given to reflect second advanced research qualifications or higher doctorates in ISCED 2011.
- Preprint Ulyanov V. V., Bobkov S., Danshina M. On rate of convergence to the Poisson law of the number of cycles in the generalized random graphs / CRC 1283, Bielefeld University, Bielefeld, Germany. Series 21027 "Collaborative Research Centre 1283, Bielefeld University". 2021. No. 21027.
- Chapter Bobkov S. Edgeworth Corrections in Randomized Central Limit Theorems, in: Geometric Aspects of Functional Analysis Vol. 1: Israel Seminar (GAFA) 2017-2019. Springer, 2020. doi Ch. 5. P. 71-97. doi
- Chapter Bobkov S., Naumov A., Ulyanov V. V. Two-sided bounds for PDF's maximum of a sum of weighted chi-square variables, in: Сборник материалов V-й Международной конференции по стохастическим методам: The 5th International Conference on Stochastic Methods (ICSM5). 23-27 November 2020, Russia, Moscow.. M. : RUDN, 2020. P. 39-42.
- Article Bobkov S. KHINCHINE’S THEOREM AND EDGEWORTH APPROXIMATIONS FOR WEIGHTED SUMS // Annals of Statistics. 2019. Vol. 47. No. 3. P. 1616-1633. doi
Editorial board membership
2013: Member of the Editorial Board, Bernoulli: a journal of mathematical statistics and probability.
2009–2015: Member of the Editorial Board, Annals of Probability.
Professor, University of Minnesota, USA, since 2000
Professor, Syktyvkar University, Russia, 1998–2000
Assistant and Assoc. Professor, Syktyvkar University, 1987–1998
On May 17 and 24 Professor at the University of Minnesota and Chief Research Fellow of HDI Lab Sergey Bobkov gave a mini-course on "Strong probability distances and limit theorems".