Sergey G. Efremov
- Sergey G. Efremov has been at HSE University since 2011.
Education and Degrees
Candidate of Sciences* (PhD) in Mathematical Modelling, Numerical Methods and Software Complexes
Thesis Title: Lifetime modelling of dynamically reconfigurable sensor networks with mobile sink
Master's in Computer science
Moscow State Institute of Electronics and Mathematics
Moscow State Institute of Electronics and Mathematics
According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, Candidate of Sciences belongs to ISCED level 8 - "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar. Candidate of Sciences allows its holders to reach the level of the Associate Professor.
Continuing education / Professional retraining / Internships / Study abroad experience
2017: Teaching Institutions Symposium at the University of London
2016: MIT Professional Education: "Internet of Things: Roadmap to a Connected World"
2016: IBM Training (Internet of Things using IBM Bluemix)
2014: Microsoft Certified Professional (Programming in C#)
2012: BerkeleyX 169.1x "Software as a Service"
2012: BerkeleyX 188.1x "Artificial intelligence"
2011: Internship at the University of Birmingham, Human Interface Technologies group
Young Faculty Support Program (Group of Young Academic Professionals)
Category "New Lecturers" (2014)
Student Term / Thesis Papers
E. Liubimova, Design of the Internet of Things Architecture Using the Blockchain Technology. Graduate School of Business, 2020
A. Pstygo, Approaches to Building Indoor Navigation Solutions Based on Mobile Platforms. Graduate School of Business, 2020
M. Zhukova, Development of Requirements for an Internet of Things Device Management Platform. Graduate School of Business, 2020
D. Popov, Design of a Decentralized Access Control System for the Internet of Things. Graduate School of Business, 2020
A. Ereskovskii, Usage of Business Process Mining in Contemporary Organizations. Graduate School of Business, 2020
D. Levin, Implementation of the Fog Computing Paradigm for Data Transfer and Processing in the Internet of Things. Graduate School of Business, 2020
A. Sakunova, Research of Best Practices and Development of Recommendations for Automated Testing of Mobile Applications. Graduate School of Business, 2019
D. Petrov, Development of Requirements for a Product Launch Monitoring System on a B2C Web Portal. Graduate School of Business, 2019
A. Burlak, Analysis of Success Factors of Online Advertisements. Graduate School of Business, 2019
S. Buchko, Designing an Online Recruitment Platform Based on a Recommendation System. Graduate School of Business, 2019
A. Avakian, Designing a Virtual Dressing Room System Using 3D Modeling Technologies. Graduate School of Business, 2019
M. Diakov, Development of a Model of the Innovation Creation Process Based on Modern Methodologies and Tools. Graduate School of Business, 2019
S. Kuzminov, Analysis of IT Infrastructure Safety of Higher Educational Institutions with HSE as an Example. Graduate School of Business, 2019
N. Maidanov, Implementation of Augmented Reality in "Wheely", a Personal Driver Service Application. Graduate School of Business, 2018
A. Stukanov, Collection and Analysis of Data from Passive Indoor Positioning Systems. Graduate School of Business, 2018
V. Volkov, Internet of Things in the Industrial Market Segment. Graduate School of Business, 2018
I. Tresoumov, Research of Methods and Development of a Predictive Maintenance Solution for Industrial Equipment. Graduate School of Business, 2018
T. Repetskaia, Machine Hearing Algorithms with Respect to Modern IT Infrastructure Development. Graduate School of Business, 2018
I. Perepilitsyn, Influence of Design Errors on Software Life Cycle. Graduate School of Business, 2018
A. Guseinov, Automation of the Fuel Payment Processes at Petrol Stations through a Mobile Application. Graduate School of Business, 2018
S. Kalashnikov, Business Processes Optimization of an Elevator Company through Integration of a New Information System. Graduate School of Business, 2017
D. Mozharov, Development of an Order Management System for Licensed Software. Graduate School of Business, 2017
M. Kachalova, Research and Development of Examination Methods for Distance Learning Systems. Graduate School of Business, 2017
A. Esetova, Development of a Customizable Monitoring System for Information Infrastructure Components. Graduate School of Business, 2017
A. Zakharov, Development of a VPN Client for the Needs of Small and Medium-sized Businesses. Graduate School of Business, 2017
V. Aistov, Internet of Things Data Analysis as a Tool for Archiving Marketing Goals. Graduate School of Business, 2017
D. Korolev, Development of a Module for Programmable Device Interaction Scenarios as a Part of an Internet of Things Connectivity. Graduate School of Business, 2016
A. Grigoryants, An Information System for Automation of Factoring Operations at a Bank. Graduate School of Business, 2016
K. Mayboroda, An Adaptive Method for Acquisition of Dynamic Data in the Internet of Things. Graduate School of Business, 2019
S. Kalashnikov, Development of Recommendations for Designing the Architecture of High-Load Web-Systems. Graduate School of Business, 2019
A. Zakharov, Development of Methods for Introduction of Automated testing in the Field of Mobile Applications. Graduate School of Business, 2019
E. Vyshnevyy, Work Schedule Optimization for Sales Staff of a Large Retail Company. Graduate School of Business, 2017
Dissertation for a degree of Candidate of Science
- Chapter Nazarov D., Efremov S. G. Building an Intelligent Comprehensive Scoring Model Based on Fuzzy Technologies, in: 2019 IEEE 21st Conference on Business Informatics (CBI) Vol. 2. IEEE Computer Society, 2019. P. 16-19. doi
- Article Lyzhin I., Efremov S. G., Rolich A., Voskov L., Abrameshin D. Development of an Educational Kit for Learning IoT // Journal of Physics: Conference Series. 2019. Vol. 1163. P. 1-5. doi
- Chapter Лысогор И. И., Voskov L., Rolich A., Efremov S. G. Energy efficient method of data transmission in a heterogeneous network of the Internet of things for remote areas, in: 2019 International Siberian Conference on Control and Communications (SIBCON). Proceedings. Tomsk : Tomsk State University of Control Systems and Radioelectronics (TUSUR), 2019. P. 1-6. doi
- Article Ivan Lysogor, Voskov L., Rolich A., Efremov S. G. Study of Data Transfer in a Heterogeneous LoRa-Satellite Network for the Internet of Remote Things // Sensors. 2019. Vol. 19. No. 15. P. 1-17. doi
- Chapter Lysogor I. I., Voskov L., Efremov S. G. Survey of Data Exchange Formats for Heterogeneous LPWAN-Satellite IoT Networks, in: 2018 Moscow Workshop on Electronic and Networking Technologies (MWENT). Proceedings. M. : IEEE, 2018. P. 1-5. doi
- Chapter Dvornikov A. A., Abramov P., Efremov S. G., Voskov L. QoS Metrics Measurement in Long Range IoT Networks, in: 2017 IEEE 19th Conference on Business Informatics Vol. 2: Volume 2 — Workshop Papers. IEEE Computer Society, 2017. P. 15-20. doi
- Chapter Sergey Efremov, Nikolai Pilipenko, Leonid Voskov. An integrated approach to common problems in the Internet of Things, in: Procedia Engineering Vol. 100: 25th DAAAM International Symposium on Intelligent Manufacturing and Automation, 2014. Switzerland : Elsevier, 2015. P. 1215-1223.
- Chapter Sergey Efremov, Nikolay Pilipenko, Leonid Voskov, Mikhail Komarov. Cloud IoT Platforms: A Solid Foundation for the Future Web or a Temporary Workaround?, in: Lecture Notes in Computer Science / Отв. ред.: S. Balandin, S. Andreev, E. Kucheryavy. Vol. 9247: Internet of Things, Smart Spaces, and Next Generation Networks and Systems. Switzerland : Springer, 2015. P. 47-55.
- Chapter A. Karpov, S. Efremov, L. Voskov Development of Wireless Camera Sensor Network model // В кн.: DISTRIBUTED COMPUTER AND COMMUNICATION NETWORKS: CONTROL, COMPUTATION, COMMUNICATIONS (DCCN-2015), proceedings of the eighteenth international scientific conference. M. : -, 2015. С. 188-195.
- Chapter Andrews D., Baber C., Komarov M. M., Efremov S. G. Creating and Using Interactive Narratives: Reading and Writing Branching Comics, in: CHI '12 Proceedings of the 2012 ACM annual conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems / Отв. ред.: E. H. Сhi, K. Höök.; Ed. by J. A. Konstan. NY : ACM, 2012. P. 1703-1712.
- Chapter L.S.Voskov, P.B.Panfilov, A.N.Vabischevich, M.M.Komarov, S.G.Efremov. Universal wireless sensor networks technology platform and its applications, in: Networked Embedded and Control Systems Technologies: Opportunities for EU_Russia Cooperation. Materials for the International Workshop on “Networked embedded and control system technologies: European and Russian R&D cooperation” / Ed. by J. Filipe, J. A. Cetto, J. Ferrier. Milan : INSTICC (Institute for Systems and Technologies of Information, Control and Communication), 2009. P. 127-131.
University of Birmingham, UK. Human Interface Technologies Lab. Jan - Aug 2011.
On December 2-3, 2019, Alexander von Schmidt, Erwin Blezer, and Boudewijn de Graaf of Rotterdam University Business School (Netherlands) visited the School of Business Informatics of the Faculty of Business & Management.
Representatives of the HSE School of Business Informatics took part in the annual International Symposium of the University of London (UoL), conducted for all partner educational organizations
The HSE School of Business Informatics implements the Management and Digital Innovation programme jointly with the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE). The programme gives students a unique opportunity to receive two full-fledged diplomas - the Russian BSc degree in Business Informatics, as well as the UK BSc degree in Management and Digital Innovation (MDI).
Project cooperation between the HSE School of Business Informatics and the Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences (Hogeschool Rotterdam) started in 2016, and for the last two years, undergraduate students of Business Informatics have successfully participated in the development of information systems for Dutch companies.
HSE and University of London Create a New Bachelor’s Parallel Degree Programme in Management and Digital Innovation
The first intake into the English-taught programme will be in 2018. The programme director, Sergey Efremov, gives us an insight into what students will be studying and where they can find work – not only in IT companies, but also in banks, industry and retail.
From July 24th to 27th, 2017, the 19th Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Conference on Business Informatics took place in Thessaloniki, Greece. Over 100 experts took part in the event, and among the speakers was Pavel Abramov, first-year student of the HSE MIEM programme in Information and Computer Science.
HSE School of Business Informatics has joined with Hogeschool Rotterdam to launch a new type of project work for undergraduate students. Three student teams will be involved in developing real information systems for Dutch companies from February to May.