- Director:Scientometrics Centre
- Ivan Sterligov has been at HSE since 2008.
Continuing education / Professional retraining / Internships / Study abroad experience
European Summer School for Scientometrics, University of Vienna, 2014
Advanced Citation Analysis, CWTS, Leiden University, 2016
- Chapter Moskaleva O., Pislyakov V., Sterligov I., Akoev M., Shabanova S. Russian Index of Science Citation: Overview and Review, in: Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on Scientometrics & Informetrics. Wuhan : International Society for Scientometrics and Informetrics, 2017. P. 1076-1086.
- Article Sterligov I. The Monster Ten You Have Never Heard of: Top Russian Scholarly Megajournals // Higher Education in Russia and Beyond. 2017. No. 1(11). P. 11-13.
- Article Юдкевич М. М., Польдин О. В., Матвеева Н. Н., Стерлигов И. А. Публикационная активность вузов: эффект проекта «5–100» // Вопросы образования. 2017. № 2. С. 8-35. doi
- Article Алескеров Ф. Т., Бадгаева Д. Н., Писляков В. В., Стерлигов И. А., Швыдун С. В. 3начимость основных российских и международных экономических журналов: сетевой анализ // Журнал Новой экономической ассоциации. 2016. Т. 2. № 30. С. 193-207.
- Article Sterligov I., Savina T. F. Riding with the Metric Tide: ‘Predatory’ Journals in Scopus // Higher Education in Russia and Beyond. 2016. No. 1(7). P. 9-12.
- Article Timorin V., Sterligov I. A Metric View on Russian Mathematics and Russian Mathematical Diaspora (A Study Based on Frequent Russian Surnames) // Higher Education in Russia and Beyond. 2015. No. 4(6). P. 10-14.
- Article Sterligov I., Enikeeva A., Trofimov V. Disciplinary Differences in Publication Output between Ex-COMECON Countries // Higher Education in Russia and Beyond. 2015. No. 5. P. 6-9.
- Article Ivan Sterligov, Alfia Enikeeva. 25 Years After the Fall: Indicators of Post-communist Science // Higher Education in Russia and Beyond. 2014. No. 2. P. 15-18.
- Article Sterligov I. Leading Russian Universities: A Scientometric Perspective // Higher Education in Russia and Beyond. 2014. No. 1. P. 11-14.
The recipients of the annual Web of Science Awards are the most influential scientists, scientific organizations and publications of the year. The Moscow Mathematical Journal has made it into the top quartile in the subject area of mathematics and was announced by jury members to be the most influential Russian scientific journal of 2017.
Scientometrics, broadly speaking, is a branch of knowledge concerned with measuring various characteristics of research, especially communication in research. Bibliometrics, as a sub-branch of scientometrics, has become highly accessible to the research and general public, and seemingly brought on a simple way to evaluate research productivity. In order to use bibliometrics reasonably and purposefully HSE created a Scientometrics Centre, which is headed by Ivan Sterligov and focuses on the applied use of scientometrics.
The Higher School of Economics is introducing new requirements for staff’s personal pages. Our colleagues who conduct research and teach are now required to list the following identifiers on their pages: ORCID, Researcher ID, Scopus Author ID, SPIN-RSCI code, and Google Scholar. Ivan Sterligov, the head of the analytics department in the HSE Office of Academic Expertise, tells us why this will benefit both the university and the researchers themselves.