Ekaterina V. Talalakina
- Associate Professor:School of Foreign Languages / Department of Foreign Languages
- Ekaterina V. Talalakina has been at HSE since 2006.
Education, Degrees and Academic Titles
- 2012Associate Professor
Candidate of Sciences* (PhD) in Theory and Methods of Education
Moscow State Pedagogical University
Moscow State Pedagogical University
According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, Candidate of Sciences belongs to ISCED level 8 - "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar. Candidate of Sciences allows its holders to reach the level of the Associate Professor.
Young Faculty Support Program (Group of Young Academic Professionals)
Category "Future Professoriate" (2010-2011)
Category "New Lecturers" (2008-2009)
- Academic Writing (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of World Economy and International Affairs; programme "Double degree programme in International Relations of the NRU HSE and the University of London"; 1 year, 3, 4 module)
- Foreign Language (English) (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of World Economy and International Affairs; programme "International Relations"; 3 year, 1-4 module)
- Critical Thinking and Academic Writing (Master’s programme; Faculty of World Economy and International Affairs; programme "International Relations in Eurasia"; spec. "International Reletions"; 1 year, 1, 2 module)
Program Committee member for annual CSEDU International Conference on Computer Supported Education (2012-Present) http://csedu.org/ProgramCommittee.aspx
- Chapter Talalakina E. V., Grigoryeva I. Scaffolding Free Choice in Lessons: Negotiating global identity in EFL, in: TESOL voices: Insider accounts of classroom life — Higher Education. Alexandria : TESOL Press, 2017. P. 75-85.
- Chapter Stukal D., Talalakina E. V. Incorporating academic skills into EFL curriculum: teacher agency in response to global mobility challenges, in: Teacher Agency and Policy Response in English Language Teaching. L. : Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, 2016. Ch. 8. P. 120-132.
- Article Talalakina E. V. Fostering Positive Transfer through Metalinguistic Awareness: A Case for Parallel Instruction of Synonyms in L1 and L2 // Journal of Language and Education. 2015. Vol. 1. No. 4. P. 74-80.
- Chapter Talalakina E. V. Customizing an EFL Course to Meet the Needs of Key Stakeholders., in: Профессиональное лингвообразование. Сборник материалов VIII международной научно-практической конференции. Нижний Новгород, июль 2014 / Под общ. ред.: Н. Уварова, Т. Рыбалко. Н. Новгород : Нижегородский институт управления - филиал Российской академии народного хозяйства и государственной службы, 2014. P. 418-428.
- Book Talalakina E. V., Brown N. A., Bown J., Eggington W. Mastering English through Global Debate. Washington : Georgetown University Press, 2014.
- Book Brown N. A., Balykhina T., Talalakina E. V., Bown J., Kurilenko V. Mastering Russian through Global Debate. Washington : Georgetown Univesity Press, 2014.
- Chapter Talalakina E. V. Web-Based Component of American Cultural Studies: International Project Case Study, in: Культурно-политологические аспекты американистики: материалы международных конференций. M. : ., 2013. P. 187-190.
- Article Brown N. A., Talalakina E. V., Yakusheva I. V., Egget D. L. Argumentation and Debate in the Foreign Language Classroom: Russian and American University Students Collaborating through New Technologies // Russian Language Journal. 2012. Vol. 62. P. 141-166.
- Chapter Talalakina E. V. Audiobook in Advanced ESL Classroom: Developing Critical Listening, in: 5th edition ICT for Language Learning Conference Proceedings Issue 5. Florence : Simonelli Editore – University Press, 2012. P. 103-107.
- Chapter Talalakina E. V. Video-Conference Debates: A Platform for Critical Thinking within Foreign Language Acquisition, in: CSEDU 2012 4th International Conference on Computer Supported Education Proceedings / Рук.: J. Cordeiro.; сост.: J. Cordeiro.; отв. ред.: J. Cordeiro.; Ed. by J. Cordeiro.; науч. ред.: J. Cordeiro, M. Helfert, M. J. Martins. Vol. 2. Porto : SciTePre, 2012. P. 88-93.
- Article Talalakina E. V. Fostering Cross-Cultural Understanding through E-Learning: Russian-American Forum Case-Study. // International Journal of Emerging Technologies in Learning. 2010. Vol. 5. No. 3. P. 42-46. doi
2006-Present: Associate Professor of Foreign Languages Department (NRU HSE);
2007-2009: Adjunct Instructor of English Language Department (Graduate School of Business Administration, Moscow State University)
2003-2005: Tutor at SLC Reading Lab at Palm Beach State College (FL, USA).
ACTFL OPI Tester of English with Full Certification (2014)
ACTFL OPI Tester of Russian with Full Certification (2014)
- TESOL (Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages)
- ACTFL (American Council on The Teaching of Foreign Languages)
- ASEEES (Association for Slavic, East European, & Eurasian Studies)
Teacher Training Experience
September-October 2015: designed and conducted a professional development course for HSE professors of foreign languages "Topical Approaches in Theory and Practice of Developing a Foreign Language Course" (18 hours). 26 HSE instructors took the class.
May 2012 - present: conducted regular workshops for Academic development department.
June 2015 - present: conducted a series of workshops within Administrative professional development program.