Thibaut Le Gouic
- Thibaut Le Gouic has been at HSE since 2018.
- classes and consultations with students and graduate students
- reading and writing / oral review of the written work of undergraduate and graduate students
- consideration of work in the framework of the competition of scientific works of students
- participation in research seminars for students and graduate students
- management of student research activities
- Article Loubes J., Le Gouic T. Existence and consistency of Wasserstein barycenters // Probability Theory and Related Fields. 2017. P. 901-917. doi
- Article Boissard E., Le Gouic T., Loubes J. Distribution’s template estimate with Wasserstein metrics // Bernoulli: a journal of mathematical statistics and probability. 2015. P. 740-759. doi
- Article Boissard E., Le Gouic T. On the mean speed of convergence of empirical and occupation measures in Wasserstein distance // Annales de l'institut Henri Poincare (B) Probability and Statistics. 2014. P. 539-563. doi
I am interested in understanding the links between geometrical properties of metric spaces, such as barycenter and curvatures, and the properties of statistical objects on the space, such as empirical barycenter or other empirical minimizer. In particular, I study the Wasserstein space with this point of view.
One year contract at HSE
Six months research sabbatical awarded by the CNRS (France)
- Sept 2014 – (Assistant professor)
Ecole Centrale de Marseille, Marseille
Ecole centrale de Marseille, Marseille