- Associate Professor:Institute of Education / Department of Educational Programmes
- Research Fellow:Institute of Education / Centre of Sociology of Higher Education / SERU Lab
- Ulyana Zakharova has been at HSE University since 2018.
research in online learning
consulting and expert support in online course production and application in higher education
Education and Degrees
Candidate of Sciences* (PhD) in Theory of Language
Thesis Title: Language representation of masculinity/femininity cultural dimension in ethnic cultures (based on Russian and English)
Degree in Teaching at Higher School
Tomsk State University
Degree in Translation and Translation Studies
Tomsk State University
According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, Candidate of Sciences belongs to ISCED level 8 - "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar. Candidate of Sciences allows its holders to reach the level of the Associate Professor.
Student Term / Thesis Papers
R. Kirillova, Student Agency in Managing the Learning Process in the Framework of University Digital Transformation. Institute of Education, 2021
- 2019X Международная конференция исследователей высшего образования (Москва). Presentation: Онлайн-обучение: обеспечение инклюзии или закрепление неравенства?
- European MOOCs Stakeholders Summit (EMOOCs) (Неаполь). Presentation: Online course production and university internationalization: correlation analysis
- XI Международный Сибирский Форум «Индустрия Информационных Систем» (Новосибирск). Presentation: Мифы и правда об онлайн-образовании
- Уфимский международный салон образования (Уфа). Presentation: Взаимодействие преподавателей с учебной аналитикой МООК
- 2017МООК в контексте современного образования: на пути к цифровому университету (Томск). Presentation: Качество онлайн-курсов: опыт ТГУ
- Coursera Partners Conference (Боулдер). Presentation: Are there universal quality criteria for MOOCs?
September, 2018 - up to now Research fellow, Postdoc, Center for Sociology of Higher Education, HSE
December, 2017 - July, 2018 Head of the Science and Methodology department, Institute of Distance Education, Tomsk State University (TSU)
*managing online course production
*coordinating research activities in the institute
*designing and teaching at retraining programs in the field of online learning
July, 2015 - December, 2017 Specialist in Science and Methodology activities, Institute of Distance Education, TSU
*research in the field of online learning, edutech, virtual and augmented reality in education
*instructional design and analytics in university's educational projects, massive open online courses, in particular
*translation and interpretation
Онлайн-технологии в обучении (Online technologies for education) (active)
Использование онлайн-курсов для непрерывного самообучения (Оnline courses for lifelong learning) (2017)
In December 2020, IOE expert Ulyana Zakharova took part in the eSTARS international conference of e-learning stakeholders, a joint initiative between HSE and Coursera, where she presented at a special session on sociology of higher education. In an interview with the HSE News Desk, Ulyana shared about how students’ prowess in key components of personal agency, such as self-efficacy, initiative, and self-direction, are related to their ability to adapt to and perform in distance education.
The second issue of 2020 presents two interviews on history and innovation and our advice on working remotely.