International Student Research Competition
Every year HSE holds a research paper competition for current students and recent graduates.
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
The goal of the competition is to identify and support talented and creatively active students.
The following individuals are eligible to take part in the competition:
Undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate students, as well as recent alumni up to 30 years of age.
The competition is open to international students, including students enrolled in Russian universities.
Research works are usually accepted in the following subject areas (the list of subjects may change from year to year):
|Business Informatics||World Economy and Global Politics, Asian Studies|
|Public Administration||Political Science|
|Computer Science||Engineering and Applied Mathematics|
An expert review of submitted works is conducted by instructors and research associates from the HSE.
Evaluation of works takes place for groups of students from the following levels:
1. Undergraduate students
2. Graduate students
3. Recent graduates
WHAT IS REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE COMPETITION
To take part in the competition, it is necessary to submit your paper at the website. Ask your student buddy to help you fill in the form as it is in Russian.
Deadline for submitting papers is usually in late October or early November. Follow announcements on HSE site for information on deadlines.
Results of the competition are usually announced in December. Collection of the winning papers is published after each competition. Winners also receive various prizes.
Address all queries regarding the competition to the organizing committee at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Elena Titova on 8 495 772 9590 ext 22557.
REQUIREMENTS FOR PREPARING RESEARCH WORKS
- Remove the names of the authors, co-authors and academic supervisors from the text, headers, footers, or the cover page
- Shorten the paper to 60 000 characters, including spaces. We calculate the full volume of the paper, including appendices, the cover and contents pages.
- Save the file in .doc, docx, .rtf or .pdf
- Take into account the recommendations in your nominations. Check the competition website for more information. Some insructions may be in Russian, so ask your buddy for help.
- Don’t submit papers with plagiarism. They will be discarded from the competition by the Organizing Committee, and their author will lose the opportunity to participate in future competitions.
- Submit one paper for one nomination, or two different papers in two different nominations. A paper submitted in several nominations simultaneously, or several papers submitted by one author in a single nomination will be declined.
- Use the Times New Roman font.
- The paper should consist of three parts:
- introduction (key ideas of the topic, reason for selecting the topic and its relevance and a short summary of existing literature on topic)
- main part (research of the problem, options for its solution, etc)
- conclusion (author’s conclusions)
- A list of references should be included at the end of the work
- The names of the authors, academic supervisors and co-authors cannot appear in the text or on the cover page
- Only research works are accepted for the competition (research papers, design work, creative work, publications, and work being prepared for publication)
- Works are accepted in Russian and English
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.