Specifics of organizing the studies in 2021/2022 academic year: what a student who is on campus needs to know
How will the new academic year start at HSE University?
All full-time students will be able to attend in-person classes on campus. Some courses will be taught online, while others might be blended or in-person. Check your schedule for information on specific courses. In-person classes will be limited to 50 students per classroom at a time. Mask-wearing and social distancing remain mandatory.
Please see this page for up-to-date information about entering Russia and other relevant issues. Make sure you have a valid health insurance policy that covers COVID-19 testing and repatriation.
If you have any questions concerning your studies at HSE University, please contact International Admissions or International Student Support Office. For information about scheduling and curriculum please contact your programme manager.
COVID-19 section in HSE App X
HSE University cares about its staff and students. We kindly ask you to inform us of your decision to get vaccinated as this helps decrease the risk of infection and helps us monitor the situation at the university.
There is now a COVID-19 section in HSE App X where you can upload your vaccination or medical exemption certificate.
- Download HSE App (Android or iPhone)
- Log in using your HSE University login and password. First-year students will receive their logins and passwords at the welcome meetings of their degree programmes.
- Choose COVID-19 section.
- Tick the checkbox confirming your consent to share your personal data with the university.
- Select your status (whether you have had COVID or not).
- Select your vaccination status (whether you have been vaccinated). If you have been vaccinated, provide the dates of both shots. If you haven’t received both doses, enter the provisional date of your second shot.
- Upload proof of your status (vaccination or medical exemption certificate).
If you have any difficulties using the app, please contact user support. If you are unsure which documents you need to upload, please contact your programme office
If you don’t have a smartphone, you will be able to enter the relevant information online at my.hse.ru from August 30.
Where to get vaccinated
HSE students can register to get vaccinated for free at the HSE University campus on Pokrovka. Please select the corresponding section of your MyHSE.Services account. There are currently slots available through the end of September.
You will need to present your passport and SNILS certificate (can be obtained at any My Documents centre in Moscow. Ask your buddy to assist you).
Where else can I get vaccinated?
If you don’t have SNILS, you can get vaccinated for a fee at the following locations:
- Luzhniki (walk-ins)
- Sakharovo Migration Centre
- one of 25 outpatient clinics (by appointment)
More information about vaccination and the list of clinics is available at mos.ru
What should I do if I feel ill?
- Indicate in the HSE App X that you feel ill.
- Stay home (or in your dorm room) and don’t go to in-person classes—this will help protect other students and staff.
- If the doctors confirm that you have COVID-19, please upload a doctor’s certificate to the app.
- Your programme manager will be notified of your illness and will compile a list of people you have been in contact with who must self-isolate for two weeks.
- Students who have to self-isolate will see a banner in the app about being at risk for infection
- Faculty members will be notified of the need to arrange remote learning for students in self-isolation.
First-aid rooms will function as usual starting September 1. Their opening hours are listed on the Office of Student and Staff Benefits website.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.