Transfer of Quota Students to HSE University from Other Institutions
The transfer of international students, studying on a government-funded (quota) basis, to HSE University from another academic institution (hereinafter, an “AI”), with changes/no changes to his/her specialization/field of study, is possible subject to the following conditions:
- the transfer takes place within a single wide group of fields/specializations;
- the written approval of the Russian Ministry of Science and Higher Education is available;
- a letter with the consent of the embassy of the country sending the student for studies in the Russian Federation is available;
- the transfer does not extend a student’s length of study for more than 2 (two) years.
Submit an application for the transfer to a manager of the HSE University degree programme, which you plan to pursue, within the deadline for such transfer applications set for the programme. The relevant deadlines are posted on the programme’s website in the “Student Enrolment and Vacant Places” section
The degree programme will review your application and make a preliminary decision on approving the transfer and year when the transfer would be possible, on the basis of a consideration of the option of the transfer and re-evaluation of the previously completed curriculum elements, as well as examinations/tests (if applicable)
The manager of the degree programme will send a preliminary consent form for transfer to the Centre for International Student Admissions (under the International Admissions Office) in order to draw up and send a request for your potential transfer to the director of the respective department at the Russian Ministry of Science and Higher Education
In order to draw up this request, you must also provide the manager with copies of the following documents:
- documentation confirming the international student’s referral for studies;
- your passport with a translation into Russian (if necessary);
- letter of consent from the embassy of the country sending you for studies in the Russian Federation.
After receiving the approval of the Russian Ministry of Science and Higher Education about the option for transfer, the manager of the degree programme will draw up documents and a directive for your enrolment in HSE University (as a transferred student)
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.