• A
  • A
  • A
  • ABC
  • ABC
  • ABC
  • А
  • А
  • А
  • А
  • А
Regular version of the site

Transfer from Foreign Educational Institutions to HSE

Make sure that vacant places for transfer are available

Please make sure that vacant places for transfer are available at your target HSE degree programme (in the given year of study). This information must be published before the start of the transfer period (no later than December 1 and June 1) on the website of each degree programme in the “Students and Vacant Places” section.

Submit a request for transfer

Submit a request for transfer, using the online Front Office service for applicants

(Note! The request submission date is not regarded as the application date. The request shall be reviewed within 3 working days.)

To submit a request, please fill in the online form and attach copies of the documents required for subsequent expert review, including:

  1. your student ID;
  2. an official transcript from your current institution. (If your University can not issue a certificate with a signature and seal, you can provide a certificate in PDF format that will indicate the date of issue, full name and position of the person authorized to sign the certificate (during the period of restrictive measures related to the threat of spread of COVID19)
  3. a certificate of education that you submitted for admission to your current institution;
  4. a degree certificate/diploma (for students who are  planning to transfer to a Master’s programme);
  5. a certificate of recognition of academic credentials, if your degree certificate/diploma was issued by a foreign educational institution*

*This certificate shall not be required in the following cases: if a degree certificate/diploma has been issued pursuant to Part 3 of Article 107 of Federal Law No. 273-FZ; in cases when international degree certificates/diplomas, which do not comply with requirements of Part 3 of Article 107 of Federal Law No. 273-FZ, may be independently recognized by HSE; if a student submits a certificate of education, pursuant to Article 6 of Federal Law No. 84-FZ, dated May 5, 2014 “On Special Legal Aspects in the Sphere of Education Due to the Accession of the Republic of Crimea to the Russian Federation and Establishment of New Russian Constituent Bodies - the Republic of Crimea and the Federal City of Sevastopol, as well as On Amendments to the Federal Law ‘On Education in the Russian Federation’”.

**All documents must be provided in Russian (Russian translations must be attached to all documents originally issued in a foreign language). Documents originally in English may be submitted to English-taught degree programmes.

Fill in and sign an application

If your request has been approved, please fill in and sign an application for admission to HSE via transfer (the template will be sent to the e-mail address specified in your application form), and then submit it to the programme office of your target degree programme (via e-mail).

Assessment deadlines and procedures

The programme coordinator shall inform the student about the assessment deadlines and procedures

The assessment may be conducted in the form of a document review and/or examinations (including written and oral examinations, or an interview, using approved assessment tools). The assessment mode and schedule shall be established as per the Regulations for Evaluation Committees of Degree Programmes and Evaluation Procedures.

Pass assessments

If any

Receive feedback

Receive feedback from the programme coordinator in regards to the decision on final admission based on the assessment’s results (including the year of study (module) and a draft of the student’s individual curriculum). 

Inform of your final decision

Decide as to whether to proceed with the transfer or withdraw the application. Inform the programme coordinator of your final decision.
If a positive decision is made, approve the draft curriculum that was sent by the programme coordinator.

If required by your current educational institution, request and receive a certificate of transfer issued by the programme office (confirming HSE’s consent to the transfer, and featuring the list of courses that can be transferred (if any)). The certificate can be issued in English (as per the student’s request).

Inform your University

Your next steps depend on the terms and conditions established at your current educational institution for cases of student dismissal due to one’s transfer to another (foreign) educational institution (e.g., submission of an application for dismissal due to transfer, a confirmation of transfer, etc.).
The student may submit an application addressed to the dean of the given HSE faculty with a request to allow him/her to attend classes while the directive on his/her transfer is still being processed (the application may be approved).

Sign your documents

Sign your pre-approved individual curriculum. Sign the paid educational services agreement and pay your tuition fee.

Wait the directive and begin your studies

Wait until the directive on student transfer to the relevant HSE degree programme is issued. The directive shall be issued within 3 working days after the student has paid the tuition fees specified in his/her educational services agreement.

Further information

For further information in regards to the working curricula in all fields offered at HSE, as well as any vacant places available for admission via transfer, please visit the websites of HSE degree programmes on the University’s official website (portal). 


Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.