This program is designed for undergraduate students majoring in Mathematics or related areas. Participants will work on research projects under supervision of distinguished mathematicians. Guaranteed are at least 8 hours of consultations by assigned advisors and their assistants. A written report is expected as a result of the project; it will be reviewed and evaluated by the advisor. The program takes three weeks during the period from June 20 till August 20, 2018. The exact time span of the program is to be chosen by the participant and confirmed by the advisor.
Some projects offered by the Faculty of Mathematics (more to be announced):
- Chris Brav, Linear programming and fundamental domains of complex hyperbolic groups
- Sergey Lando: Invariants of Graphs and Knots
- Sergey Natanzon: Formal Solutions of Integrable Systems
- Alexandra Skripchenko: Hausdorff Dimension in Dynamics and Probability
- Alexey Gorodentsev: Diophantine Aproximations and Semiorthogonal Geometry
- Satoshi Kondo: p-adic Numbers
- Karine Kuyumzhiyan: Toric geometry
Note that some advisors may have time restrictions. Applicants may also request a specific topic or a specific advisor (chosen among the HSE Math faculty members); we will do our best to find a match.