How to Study at HSE’s Summer University:
A Step-by-step Guide
To make the process of applying for HSE’s International Summer University easier for you, we’ve created a step-by-step guide on how to come study with us. Please find graphic and text versions below.
- Step 1
Read the information on our website and select the courses you are interested in.
Decide whether you want to take Russian language classes and if you want to take a one-week course at HSE’s St. Petersburg/Nizhny Novgorod campuses.
- Step 2
Design your preliminary study plan. Please contact SU Team with questions if any.
- Step 3
- Step 4
- Step 5
You will receive a Summer University acceptance from the SU Team.
- Step 6
Pay the online registration fee (3000 RUB, non-refundable).
If you do not need a visa, you can skip steps 7 and 8.
- Step 7
If you need a visa, please follow the instructions:
1) check the study visa requirements at the Russian consulate in your country of residence
2) check the steps of the initial visa procedure
3) complete visa invitation application form
4) apply for a study visa at the Russian consulate or visa center
- your passport must be valid for at least 1,5 years beginning from the validity start date of the visa;
- being not citizen of the country where you apply for the study visa, you may be asked to provide notary translation of your study visa or residence permit into russian (as per request of Federal Migration Service).
- Step 8
You will receive a letter of invitation for your visa application from the SU Team.
Please note that Federal Migration Service usually takes up to one month to prepare this document.
- Step 9
Book your tickets to and from Moscow as well as a health insurance plan. Please send this information to the programme managers.
- Step 10
Apply for Russian visa (if you need a visa).
- Step 11
Once you have received the visa, please send a scanned copy of it to the programme managers and sign the visa notification form.
- Step 12
You will receive an electronic copy of the Service Agreement. The supplement will show the list of courses and number of credits you gain.
- Step 13
Please send a signed scan of the Service Agreement to the SU Team.
- Step 14
Please send a confirmation of the payment to the SU Team.
- Step 15
Print out HSE’s medical certificate form, complete and sign it, and bring it to your doctor or local medical office for them to stamp or sign.
Hold onto this – you will need this to register at the dormitory.
- Step 16
This information is for the buddy who will contact you about meeting you in Moscow.
- Step 17
· passport with visa (if you have a visa),
· a photocopy of your passport,
· a signed and stamped health certificate,
· your health insurance,
· visa notification form,
· acceptance letter,
· and money (you will be able to change dollars and euros into rubles at the airport or at currency exchanges and banks),
· special treatment (if necessary),
· check the weather, make a list of Russian souvenirs to bring back for your family and friends, and don`t forget a camera!
You are ready to go to Moscow!
- Step 18
You will receive a migration card at the airport upon arriving to Moscow – please be quite accurate while filling it in.
You must keep your migration card till you leave the country – you will be asked to present it at your departure.
- Step 19
To help you while you are in Russia, starting from the Aeroexpress station meeting, we ask you to fill in the form here: https://esnhsemsk.mysection.cz/register/international and you will get a buddy from HSE Buddy Club to help you get to the dorm from airport, register there and find your way to the University on the first day.
- Step 20
Check when your classes start on our website or at our Facebook group.
- Step 21
Pay for your dormitory accommodation at the ORGBANK (Myasnitskaya, 22/1). (SU Team or buddies will help you.)
- Step 22
You’re all set! Welcome to Summer University!