To make the process of applying for HSE’s International Summer University easier for you, we’ve created a step-by-step guide on how to come study with us. Please find text version below.
Read the information on our website and select the courses you are interested in.
Decide whether you want to take Russian language classes and if you want to take a one-week course at HSE’s St. Petersburg/Nizhny Novgorod campuses.
- Step 2
Design your preliminary study plan. Please contact SU Team with questions if any.
- Step 3
- Step 4
Please be sure to note in the form whether you will need a visa.
To live at HSE dormitory it is required to have a study visa.
- Step 5
You will receive a Summer University acceptance from the SU Team.
- Step 6
Pay the online registration fee (3500 RUB, non-refundable).
- Step 7
If you do not need a visa, you can skip steps 7 and 8.
If you need a visa, please follow the instructions:
1) check the study visa requirements at the Russian consulate in your country of residence
2) check the steps of the initial visa procedure
3) complete visa invitation application form
4) apply for a study visa at the Russian consulate or visa center
- your passport must be valid for at least 1,5 years beginning from the validity start date of the visa;
- being not citizen of the country where you apply for the study visa, you may be asked to provide notary translation of your study visa or residence permit into Russian (as per request of Federal Migration Service).
- Step 8
You will receive a letter of invitation for your visa application from the SU Team.
The Migration Section of the Central Office of the Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs in Moscow can issue an invitation within 45 calendar days.
Invitations on an official HSE University letterhead shall be issued within 5-14 working days (during peak season, this might take up to 30 calendar days).
- Step 9
Book your tickets to and from Moscow as well as a health insurance plan.
Don`t forget to prepare a health certificate in case you will live at the dorm.
Please send this information to the SU Team.
- Step 10
Apply for Russian visa (if you need a visa).
- Step 11
Once you have received the visa, please send a scanned copy of it to the SU Team and sign the visa notification form.
- Step 12
- Step 13
Please provide the SU Team with your itinerary details (for both: way to Moscow and way back home).
This information is for the buddy who will contact you about meeting you in Moscow.
- Step 14
Collect all of your documents for travel:
- passport with visa (if you have a visa),
- a photocopy of your passport,
- a signed and stamped health certificate (in case you live at the dorm),
- your health insurance,
- visa notification form,
- acceptance letter,
- money (you will be able to change dollars and euros into rubles at the airport or at currency exchanges and banks),
- special treatment (if necessary).
Check the weather, make a list of Russian souvenirs to bring back for your family and friends, and don`t forget a camera! You are ready to go to Moscow!
- Step 15
You will receive a migration card at the airport upon arriving to Moscow – please be quite accurate while filling it in.
You must keep your migration card till you leave the country – you will be asked to present it at your departure.
- Step 16
To help you while you are in Russia, starting from the Aeroexpress station meeting, you will get a buddy from HSE Buddy Club to help you get to the accommodation, find your way to the University on the first day.
- Step 17
Check when your classes start on our website or at our Facebook group.
- Step 18
You’re all set! Welcome to Summer University!