As the result of a partnership agreement signed by Ca' Foscari University of Venice and the National Research University Higher School of Economics (HSE) in November 2018, Ca' Foscari has established an Information Corner on HSE’s Moscow campus whose main goals are:
- cultural, educational activities and research in the HSE community;
- to enhance exchange and cooperation between the two universities.
Set up your consultation with the representative
Ca' Foscari representative in HSE
+7 985 817 01 79
Sign up for a newsletter in russian
Join our page in Vkontakte (RUS)
Discover Ca' Foscari
Originally established as Italy’s first business school in 1868, Ca' Foscari University of Venice is now a multidisciplinary institution offering a wide range of study programmes in economics and management, modern languages, the humanities and the sciences.
Ca' Foscari is ranked third in Italy for the excellence of its research, and it has earned so many of the coveted European Commission Marie Curie research fellowships that it is one of Europe’s ten most successful universities in this regard. Globally, the QS World University Rankings place Ca' Foscari among the world’s top 100 universities for Modern Languages, the top 150 for History, and the top 200 for Linguistics and Geography, the top 250 for the study of Economics&Econometrics, Accounting&Finance, the top 300 for Business&Management studies.
Ca' Foscari is located in the awe-inspiring city of Venice. With canals and boats instead of streets and cars, this city’s truly singular historic center has been a vibrant place of cultural and economic exchange for over a millennium, and the beauty of its art and architecture has made it a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Ca' Foscari has approximately 23,000 students and hosts over 1,300 international students each year. In the firm belief that higher education and cutting-edge research must be innovative and international, the university has forged an extensive academic network of partner universities spanning the globe, allowing it to offer a variety of joint and double bachelor’s and master’s degrees and over 700 active exchange agreements with institutions all over the world.
Ca' Foscari also prepares its students for the competitive global workplace and fosters an international, inclusive academic community by offering study programs taught in English at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
Ca' Foscari at Glance
23,000 students, including 1,300 international students
1,300 professors, lecturers and administrative staff
100 visiting professors each year
18 bachelor’s degrees (3 years)
36 master’s degrees (2 years)
16 doctoral degrees (3 years)
25 professional master’s programs (1 year)
15,000+ internship agreements in Italy and abroad
700+ student exchange agreements
26 double and joint degrees
2 Summer Schools in partnership with Harvard University (USA) and Columbia University (USA)
2 International Seminar Programmes in partnership with the British Columbia Institute of Technology (Canada) and the Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (Switzerland)
- Department of Environmental Sciences, Informatics and Statistics
- Department of Humanities
- Department of Linguistics and Comparative Cultural Studies
- Department of Management
- Department of Molecular Sciences and Nanosystems
- Department of Philosophy and Cultural Heritage
- Department of Asian and North African Studies
- Department of Economics
- Ca' Foscari School for International Education
- Ca' Foscari School of Economics, Languages and Entrepreneurship
- Ca' Foscari Challenge School
1 Language centre
University preparatory year
Ca' Foscari University provides the opportunity to carry out a preparatory year before beginning a bachelor’s degree. This year of study, which is taught in English with an opportunity to add a language modul in Italian, is right for you if:
- You will have fewer than 12 years of schooling upon completing high school (12 years are required in order to enroll in a bachelor’s degree in Italy)
- You studied in the American school system and will not have the three Advanced Placement exams required to enrol in university in Italy
- You need to improve your foreign language skills before beginning your university studies abroad (Ca' Foscari’s principal languages of instruction are Italian and English)
Ca' Foscari’s university preparatory year is open to anyone, regardless of where a student intends to enrol in university. The programme is particularly popular with students intending to enroll in one of the three other institutions that, together with Ca' Foscari, form the Study in Venice consortium: IUAV University (architecture and design), the Conservatorio Benedetto Marcello (music) and the Accademia di Belle Arti (fine arts and design).
For more information, contact the School for International Education by writing to email@example.com.
- Foundation Year
Language of instruction: English
The Ca' Foscari Foundation Year is for students who wish to prepare for enrolment at an Italian University. It provides you with an adequate mastery of English and a basic knowledge of the main disciplines of your future study area. In addition, if your chosen degree programme requires you to take an admission test, the Foundation Year prepares you to do so.
The programme offers a general curriculum for University preparation to all students, as well as 4 Study Tracks that aim to provide students an elementary background in the subjects they are interested in pursuing during their undergraduate studies. Students also take a language module in either Italian or English, depending on the degree programme they are planning on enrolling in.
All Study Tracks and the general curriculum are offered in English. Students are therefore required to already have a certified B1 language level (according to the CEFR).
In order to pass Foundation Year and obtain the final certificate, students must successfully complete each of the three learning modules:
- General curriculum: Modern and Contemporary Italian history, Critical Thinking and academic skills for University preparation
- Study Track: Economics, Science, Humanities or Architecture, Art & Design
- Language module: International Option (English) or Bridge Option (Italian)
Classes run from October through June, and your learning is assessed throughout the year on the basis of class participation, essay writing, presentations and tests.
Cost: € 5,000 (ask more about special rates for HSE students).
English Taught Degrees and Curricula
Ca' Foscari University of Venice offers Bachelor's and Master's degree programmes and curricula taught in English.
All programmes (in English and in Italian) are availible here.
- Economics and Management
- Languages and Cultures
- Science and Technology
- Arts and Humanities
Bachelor's degree programmes
Master's degree programmes
- Comparative International Relations
- Crossing the Mediterranean: towards investment and integration (MIM). Degree programme in English and French
- European, American and Postcolonial Language and Literature - Curriculum English studies and curriculum American studies
- Languages, Economics and Institutions of Asia and North Africa - Curriculum Languages and management to China
- Language Sciences - Curriculum Language sciences
- Language and Management to China - NEW
- Environmental humanities - NEW
Master's degree programmes
- Computer Science
- Conservation Science and Technology for Cultural Heritage
- Environmental Sciences - Curriculum Global environmental change
- Science and Technology of Bio and Nanomaterials (inter-university)
- Sustainable Chemistry and Technologies - Curriculum Environmental sustainable chemistry and technologies
Bachelor's degree programmes
Master's degree programmes
Professional 1-year Master
Professional Master’s Programmes at 1st, 2nd or Executive level are one-year courses with a high vocational content involving sectoral experts, lecturers and enterprises. They are intended for recent graduates as well as for professionals wishing to enhance existing competences or acquire new skills that will allow them to progress in their careers.