Social and Economic Networks: Models and Analysis
- Learn how to model social and economic networks and their impact on human behavior.
- How do networks form, why do they exhibit certain patterns, and how does their structure impact diffusion, learning, and other behaviors?
- Introduction, Empirical Background and DefinitionsExamples of Social Networks and their Impact, Definitions, Measures and Properties: Degrees, Diameters, Small Worlds, Weak and Strong Ties, Degree Distributions
- Background, Definitions, and Measures ContinuedHomophily, Dynamics, Centrality Measures: Degree, Betweenness, Closeness, Eigenvector, and Katz-Bonacich. Erdos and Renyi Random Networks: Thresholds and Phase Transitions
- Random NetworksPoisson Random Networks, Exponential Random Graph Models, Growing Random Networks, Preferential Attachment and Power Laws, Hybrid models of Network Formation.
- Strategic Network FormationGame Theoretic Modeling of Network Formation, The Connections Model, The Conflict between Incentives and Efficiency, Dynamics, Directed Networks, Hybrid Models of Choice and Chance.
- Diffusion on NetworksEmpirical Background, The Bass Model, Random Network Models of Contagion, The SIS model, Fitting a Simulated Model to Data.
- Learning on NetworksBayesian Learning on Networks, The DeGroot Model of Learning on a Network, Convergence of Beliefs, The Wisdom of Crowds, How Influence depends on Network Position..
- Games on NetworksNetwork Games, Peer Influences: Strategic Complements and Substitutes, the Relation between Network Structure and Behavior, A Linear Quadratic Game, Repeated Interactions and Network Structures.
- Промежуточная аттестация (2 модуль)0.3 * Final interview + 0.3 * Final interview + 0.3 * Final interview + 0.7 * Online tests + 0.7 * Online tests + 0.7 * Online tests
- Robins, G., Koskinen, J., & Lusher, D. (2012). Exponential Random Graph Models for Social Networks : Theory, Methods, and Applications. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=498293
- Nan Lin. (1999). Social Networks and Status Attainment. Annual Review of Sociology, 25, 467. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.soc.25.1.467