The Arts and Science of Relationships: Understanding Human Needs
- Participants will learn basic concepts of The Strategies and Skills Learning and Development System (SSLD) and how to apply them on practice. Particularly, they will obtain experience with observation learning, simulation, real life implementation, review and monitoring
- Basic concepts of The Strategies and Skills Learning and Development System (SSLD), their relevance for every day relationships and provide advanced concepts for participants who work in fields of social work and health care .
- Basic practice principles and methods of SSLD, illustrated by relationship management case studies.
- The SSLD framework for relationship management assessment; N3C (needs, circumstances, characteristics, capacity) and problem translation.
- Core competencies in the relationship management application of the SSLD system: Observation learning, simulation, real life implementation, review and monitoring
- 1. Relationships in Our livesIntroducing the course and the basic concepts of SSLD (Strategies & Skills Learning & Development).
- 2. Getting startedSSLD conceptualization of relationship: Addressing participants’ needs as key condition of possibility. This module will discuss the social exchange theory, life-scripts, managing differences, and responsive assertiveness
- 3. CommunicationThis module covers topics on how to build and manage your relationships through effective communication skills such as listening, understanding, reception, and expression.
- 4. Building relationships that Work for YouThis module addresses relationship building based on communication, reception, and expression skills learned in Module 3. Additional topics on relationship problems will also be discussed.
- Activity at the online courseThe course should be done in order to get access to a final exam
- Final Test10 questions
- Interim assessment (3 module)0.4 * Final Test + 0.6 * Activity at the online course
- Erskine, R. G. (2015). Relational Patterns, Therapeutic Presence : Concepts and Practice of Integrative Psychotherapy. London: Routledge. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=960260
- American Counseling Association. (2014). The ACA Encyclopedia of Counseling. Hoboken: American Counseling Association. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=981360