Fundamentals of Corporate Finance
- Formation of students' knowledge, skills and abilities in the field of financial analysis of a company, focused on the goal of maximizing its fundamental value
- knowledge of basic terminology in the field of corporate finance
- be able to determine the basic rules for dealing with finances
- know the basic principles of corporate finance formation
- be able to form the budget of the enterprise
- know the rules and requirements of investment
- be able to identify effective investment areas
- Time Value of MoneyWelcome to Introduction to Corporate Finance! This first module will introduce you to one of the most important foundational concepts in Finance, the time value of money. Before diving into the Video lectures, I encourage you to take a look at the brief pre-reading for the course. Specifically, have a look at “Big Picture Course Motivation,” for additional motivation and context for the course, “Time Value of Money Overview,” for a motivation and context for our first topic, and “Quiz Problem Answer Input.” This last note is particularly important to avoid confusion with the problem sets. Then, go to the Video Lectures and start learning Finance!
- Interest RatesIn this module, we wrap up the Time Value of Money topic with a discussion of inflation before moving on to our second topic, Interest Rates, and introducing our third topic, Discounted Cash Flow Analysis. By the end of this module, you should feel comfortable with discounting and compounding arbitrary cash flow streams in order to value different claims and make better financial decisions.
- Discounted Cash Flow AnalysisThis module continues our discussion of discounted cash flow analysis by way of a capital budgeting case. (You might want to download or view the Excel file, “Tablet Case Spreadsheet.xlsx,” that I use in the lectures, but it is not necessary for understanding the material.) By the end of this module, you should feel comfortable valuing claims and making financing decisions in which the timing of the cash flows and compounding of interest is arbitrary (e.g., annual, semi-quarterly, monthly, etc.). Having worked through the problems, you should also be more comfortable with real world financial decision making related to retirement savings, home financing and refinancing, auto leases, and other scenarios.
- Return on InvestmentThis module closes out our discussion of discounted cash flow analysis and caps off the course with a discussion of return on investment. By the end of this module, you should feel comfortable with the notion of free cash flow and the ability to apply a set of forecast drivers to project free cash flows into the future. These are some of the elements of a basic financial model, which we will use to come to a decision about the tablet project and to analyze the assumptions behind our valuation.
- Current control: tests during the course
- Intermediate control: interview with the teacher
- Interim assessment (3 module)0.4 * Current control: tests during the course + 0.6 * Intermediate control: interview with the teacher
- Corporate finance: key concepts & principles. (2019). VU University Press. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsnar&AN=edsnar.oai.hbokennisbank.nl.sharekit.fontys.oai.surfsharekit.nl.f4ce5539.733c.4aec.918d.a67f5b8ebb07
- Corporate Finance: Theory and Practice / Pierre Vernimmen, Pascal Quiry, Maurizio Dal-locchio, Yann Le Fur, Antonio Salvi. – 5th ed. – Chichester: John Wiley & Sons Ltd, 2018. – 1010 p.
- Jansen, E. (2019). Corporate finance : key concepts & principles. Amsterdam: VU University Press. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edshbo&AN=edshbo.sharekit.fontys.oai.surfsharekit.nl.f4ce5539.733c.4aec.918d.a67f5b8ebb07
- Corelli, A. Analytical Corporate Finance / Angelo Corelli. – 2nd ed. – Cham, Switzerland: Springer Nature Switzerland AG, 2018. – (Springer Texts in Business and Economics). - Текст: электронный // DB Springer Books [сайт]. - URL: https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-3-319-95762-3
- Dalton, C. M., & Holland, S. B. (2019). Why Do Firms Use Insurance to Fund Worker Health Benefits? The Role of Corporate Finance. Journal of Risk & Insurance, 86(1), 183–212. https://doi.org/10.1111/jori.12207
- Paul Asquith, & Lawrence A. Weiss. (2019). Lessons in Corporate Finance : A Case Studies Approach to Financial Tools, Financial Policies, and Valuation: Vol. Second edition. Wiley.
- Richard Brealey, Stewart Myers, & Franklin Allen. (2020). ISE EBook Online Access for Principles of Corporate Finance: Vol. Thirteenth edition. McGraw-Hill Education.