International Business Transactions
- to give master students knowledge in the theory and practice of different kind of international business transactions
- know different kinds of international business transactions.
- know the basic terms of contract and its requirements; the content and structure of INCOTERMS 2010
- learn about intellectual property aspects
- know the key issues of M&A transactions
- know the structure of joint ventures
- Perceive international trade market as a complex system of interactions between different cate-gories of actors
- Use acquired skills to analyze the situation and apply research results in practice.
- be able to apply the acquired skills for elaborating company’s strategy and tactics in commercial transactions
- Notion of international business transactions and their formationNotion of international business transactions and their formation. Different kinds of international business transactions, regula-tory framework (UN Vienna Convention).
- Structure and the content of the contract for transactions of goodsStructure and the content of the contract for transactions of goods. Incoterms 2010 key terms. Review of the form of commercial contract. Antitrust and compliance issues in interna-tional business transactions. Review of ex-ample of merger control questionnaire and compliance basics.
- M&A transactions - guide on key practical issuesM&A transactions - guide on key practical issues. Review of SPA market terms com-parison. Mock case - negotiation of key terms of an M&A transaction.
- Joint ventures: structuring, key issues to be addressedJoint ventures: structuring, key issues to be addressed. JVA checklist and sample JV chart for share transfers terms.
- Intellectual property aspects in international business transactions, terms of technology transferIntellectual property aspects in international business transactions, terms of technology transfer, license agreement and the content of TRIPS agreement
- Public-Private Partnerships
- Tax aspects/customs regulation of interna-tional business transactionsTax aspects/customs regulation of interna-tional business transactions: customs clear-ance procedures, customs regime and control, specific customs regulations, customs fees (WTO, other aspects).
- Dispute resolution and arbitration in international business transactions
- Project management: how to structure the process properly, tips for successful negoti-ation strategy
- Interim assessment (2 module)0.2 * Classroom participation + 0.3 * Exam + 0.25 * Home Assignment + 0.25 * Team assignment
- Multinational Joint Ventures in Developing Countries Beamish, Paul Routledge 2012 ISBN: ISBN number:9780415639156, ISBN number:9781135134853 SERIES: Routledge Library Editions: International Business Ser.
- Ralph H. Folsom, Michael Wallace Gordon, Michael P. Van Alstine, & Michael D. Ramsey. (2017). Principles of International Business Transactions. [N.p.]: West Academic Publishing. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1456980
- Sayed, A. (2004). Corruption in international trade and commercial arbitration /. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsndl&AN=edsndl.oai.union.ndltd.org.OCLC.oai.xtcat.oclc.org.OCLCNo.247918869
- Transaction Costs and Trade Between Multinational Corporations (RLE International Business) Hallwood, C. Paul Routledge 2012 ISBN number:9780415643269, ISBN number:9781135133801 SERIES: Routledge Library Editions: International Business Ser.
- Advances in Mergers and Acquisitions Cooper, Cary L.; Finkelstein, Sydney Emerald Publishing Limited 2015 ISBN: ISBN number:9781785600913, ISBN number:9781785600906 SERIES: Advances in Mergers and Acquisitions Ser.