Введение в межкультурную коммуникацию
- The purpose of the discipline is the formation of students' competencies in the field of intercultural communication, intercultural consciousness and intercultural understanding of the “Others”, based on which future masters will be able and willing to enter into communication with representatives of other cultures, showing understanding, respect and tolerance.
- Students are able to be guided by the principles of cultural relativism and ethical standards, rejecting ethnocentrism and respecting the exclusiveness of a foreign language culture and value orientations of a foreign language community
- Students acquire the skills of sociocultural and intercultural communication, ensuring the appropriateness of social and professional contacts
- Students are able to overcome the influence of stereotypes and carry out intercultural dialogue in conventional and professional areas of communication
- Students acquire the system of knowledge about the values and perceptions inherent in the cultures of the countries of the studied foreign languages, about the main differences between the conceptual and linguistic pictures of the world of native speakers of the state language of the Russian Federation and the languages studied
- Students know ethical and moral norms of behaviour recognized in a foreign culture and community
- be able to be guided by the principles of cultural relativism and ethical standards, implying a rejection of ethnocentrism and respect for the originality of a foreign language culture and value orientations of a foreign language society
- be able to overcome the influence of stereotypes and carry out intercultural dialogue in the general and professional areas of communication
- possess the skills of sociocultural and intercultural communication, ensuring the adequacy of social and professional contacts
- own a system of knowledge about the values and perceptions inherent in the cultures of the countries of the studied foreign languages, about the main differences between the conceptual and linguistic pictures of the world of native speakers of the state language of the Russian Federation and the languages studied
- know the ethical and moral norms of behavior accepted in a foreign culture society
- Students know the ethical and moral norms of behavior accepted in a foreign culture society
- Intercultural communication: concept and essenceThe concept of culture. Approaches to the definition of culture. Elements of culture according to Geert Hofstede. The concept of communication. Culture as communication by Edward Hall. Culture as a dynamic entity. Monocultural, multicultural, transcultural contexts of communication. Differentiation of the concepts of communication: “intercultural”, “cross-cultural”, “inter-discourse”, “international”, “global” communication. Interethnic, international, interracial communication. Intercultural communication as a meeting of “Self” and “Other”. The concept of "Otherness." The triad "One's Own" - "Other" - "Alien". Character of communication of cultures: utilitarianism, rejection, equality.
- Types and forms of intercultural communicationTypes of intercultural communication: verbal, non-verbal, paraverbal communication. The concept of verbal communication. The concept of non-verbal communication. Components of non-verbal communication: kinesics, mimics, oculesics, haptics, proxemics, chronemics, olfactics, systemology, actonics. The concept of paraverbal communication. Components of paraverbal communication: speech pace, speech volume, pitch, articulation, intonation, pauses, silence, laughter, coughing, etc. Forms of intercultural communication: oral / written; direct / indirect; unmediated / mediated. Digital communication.
- Language and culture in the context of communicationCultural and linguistic diversity. Linguistic relativity (linguistic relativism). Communicative relativism. Language and linguistic identity. Secondary linguistic identity (personality). Intercultural transformation of a linguistic personality. Bilingualism and biculturalism, multilingualism and multiculturalism. Linguistic consciousness. The cognitive base of the linguistic personality and the cognitive space of the linguistic and cultural community. The concept of the world model. Cultural, linguistic, conceptual models of the world. Conceptualization of reality. "Concept". Concept sphere of a linguistic personality. Concepts and constants of culture (lingual culture) as basic units of communication. Culture and perception. Socialization and inculturation.
- Intercultural communication as a systemThe communication system (intercultural communication system) and its structural elements. Communicative act as a unit of the communicative process. Communicative event. Modeling of the communicative process. The evolution of communication models. The modern model of intercultural communication and its variants. Place and role of the language mediator and cultural broker in the communication system. The concept of feedback. 4 Cs of communicative act: Communicators (participants in the communicative act); Context (reference system); Contact (communication channels); Code (language). The system-based approach to the structure of communication. Components of a communication structure. The concept and types of "noise" in communication. Types of communication context.
- Acculturation and cultural adaptation. "Culture shock" in acquisition of a foreign cultureThe concept of acculturation. Forms of acculturation: assimilation, separation, marginalization, integration. Assimilation and the "melting pot" concept. Separation and segregation. Marginalization and exclusion. Integration and multiculturalism ("salad bowl" and "mosaic" concepts). The concept of "culture shock". Interpretation of the concepts of "culture shock", "cultural fatigue", "shock of transition." The cumulative nature of culture shock. Symptoms of culture shock. Physiological manifestations of culture shock. Psychological manifestations of culture shock. Culture shock "curve". Stages of culture shock (stages of cultural adaptation). Internal and external factors of culture shock. Reverse culture shock as the “shock of return”.
- Stereotypes, prejudices, precedent phenomena in intercultural communicationCognition and value systems in the context of communication. Generalization and stereotyping as processes of conceptualization of reality. Causes of stereotyping. The concept of "stereotype". Ways of stereotyping. Types of stereotypes. Ethnocultural stereotypes. Sources of stereotypes. Risks of stereotyping in intercultural communication and ways to overcome them. The concept of "prejudice" and mechanisms of its formation. The role of prejudices in communication. Types of prejudices. Ways of overcoming prejudices in intercultural communication. Precedent phenomenon: concept and essence. Levels and types of precedent phenomena. Interpretation of precedent phenomena in intercultural communication.
- Conflicts in intercultural communicationThe concept of "conflict". Conflict in the context of culture. Ethnopsychological causes of intercultural conflicts. Ethnorelativism and ethnocentrism. Racism. Nationalism. The model of cultural acquisition by M. Bennett. Ethnocentric and ethno-relativistic stages. Discrepancies in etiquette and communication strategies. Types and varieties of conflicts. Stages of conflict. Stage of emotional stress in the event of intercultural conflict. Stages of resolving intercultural conflicts. Ethnopsychological causes of intercultural conflicts. Principles, methods and ways of resolving intercultural conflicts. Intercultural conflicts in the business environment. Intercultural conflict resolution strategies. Strategy of adaptation and development of tolerance. The strategy of "mixing" or structural intervention. Management Intervention strategy. Technology of mediation in the resolution of intercultural conflicts.
- The problem of understanding in intercultural communication. Interference in intercultural communicationUnderstanding as the goal of communication (intercultural communication). Causes of intercultural misunderstanding. Communicative obstacles, barriers, failures in intercultural communication. The concept of attribution. Attribution in intercultural communication. Causes of attribution errors. Types of attribution errors. "Fundamental attribution error." "The error of illusory correlations." "Error of false consent." Motivational mistake. Symmetry and asymmetry in intercultural communication. Verbal Interference. Interference of languages and the problem of understanding. Translation and the problem of understanding. Ways to overcome obstacles in intercultural communication.
- Continuous in-class assessmentCurrent classroom work includes individual answers and discussions, including questions from the online course.
- Case StudyDecisions on cases prepared in the process of independent work are discussed and evaluated in class during group or pair work.
- EssayEssays are carried out in the process of independent work and are evaluated by the teacher out of class, the results are announced in class.
- ProjectProjects are carried out in the process of independent work, are protected publicly in front of the group, involve a presentation report and answers to questions from the audience.
- ЭкзаменStudents are given the written work based on the material of the course.
- Промежуточная аттестация (2 модуль)0.1 * Case Study + 0.15 * Continuous in-class assessment + 0.15 * Essay + 0.2 * Project + 0.4 * Экзамен
- - Зинченко В.Г., Зусман В.Г., Кирнозе З.И. — Межкультурная коммуникация. От системного подхода к синергетической парадигме - Издательство "ФЛИНТА" - 2016 - ISBN: 978-5-89349-472-3 - Текст электронный // ЭБС Лань - URL: https://e.lanbook.com/book/84378
- Коммуникология: коммуникационный консалтинг: Учебное пособие / Шарков Ф.И. - М.:Дашков и К, 2016. - 408 с.: 60x84 1/16 ISBN 978-5-394-01969-2 - Режим доступа: http://znanium.com/catalog/product/291622
- Коммуникология: основы теории коммуникации / Шарков Ф.И., - 4-е изд. - М.:Дашков и К, 2017. - 488 с.: ISBN 978-5-394-02089-6 - Режим доступа: http://znanium.com/catalog/product/414752
- Коммуникология: социология массовой коммуникации: Учебное пособие / Шарков Ф. И. - 2-е изд. - Москва : Дашков и Ко, 2012. - 320 с.: ISBN 978-5-394-01463-5. - Текст : электронный. - URL: http://znanium.com/catalog/product/354026
- Коммуникология: теория и практика массовой информации: Учебник / Шарков Ф.И., Силкин В.В. - Москва :Дашков и К, 2017. - 160 с. ISBN 978-5-394-02671-3 - Текст : электронный. - URL: http://znanium.com/catalog/product/937258
- Марков, В.И. Межкультурная коммуникация : учеб. пособие по направлению подготовки 51.03.01 «Культурология», профиль «Социокультурное проектирование», квалификация (степень) выпускника «бакалавр» / В.И. Марков, О.В. Ртищева. - Кемерово : КемГИК, 2016. - 111 с. - ISBN 978-5-8154-0354-3. - Режим доступа: https://new.znanium.com/catalog/product/1041758
- Таратухина Ю. В., Цыганова Л. А.-МЕЖКУЛЬТУРНАЯ КОММУНИКАЦИЯ. СЕМИОТИЧЕСКИЙ ПОДХОД. Учебник и практикум для академического бакалавриата-М.:Издательство Юрайт,2019-199-Бакалавр. Академический курс-978-5-534-08259-3: -Текст электронный // ЭБС Юрайт - https://biblio-online.ru/book/mezhkulturnaya-kommunikaciya-semioticheskiy-podhod-424712