Strategies in Management: Marketing Strategies
- The goal of the course is to straighten and revise skills and knowledge acquired during the studies as this is one of the final courses in the masters programme.
- Learning tasks of the course include: -competitive analysis -product portfolio management -customer behavior analysis -brand management -planning and interpretation of marketing research for decision-making.
- Student knows key features and functions of Markstrat simulation, work process and final grade components
- Decision making in marketing strategy field including pricing, new product development, product positioning.
- Systematic knowledge of the managerial process with marketing, production and research facets.
- Students have applied skills of analysis and decision-making in Marketing strategy
- 1. Key features and functions of Markstrat simulation, study process overview.
- 2. Customer preference analysis and marketing planningReview of segmentation: the purpose of segmentation; criteria for segmentation; segmentation methods
- Topic.5. Marketing research for consumer and brand analysis, goals and results interpretation.
- Topic.3. Market share analysis and competitive environmentSetting objectives. The meaning of market share as a marketing objective • Analysis of opportunities. Add longer-term considerations to the segmentation and positioning elements discussed in the previous session: environmental changes, evolution in consumer needs, and product/market life cycles.
- Topic.4. Financial indicators and forecasting
- Тестирование по основным функциям программы Markstrat
- Seminar duscussionsIn this course we have competing students’ teams so in order to keep competitive strategy in secret we conduct coaching sessions during seminars for each of the teams separately. Sessions conducted in MS Teams using private channels for each team. Every session a new team leader is selected. Team leader task is to report about current company position in the market, key performance figures, strategic and tactic decisions planned. Key assessment criteria for the team leader are: - well informed about company performance and market position (position relative to the competition, sales volume, target segments etc. - is able to describe current strategy of the company in the market - able to identify changes in the market and consumer preferences that require strategic and tactical response
- SPI index (Markstrat)SPI is calculated by the Markstrat system and can be found in the system at any time. After the final round of simulation all companies in one industry are ranked based on their performance, the best SPI score gives its company a '10', second place is '9' etc.
- ЭкзаменThe exam is conducted online.
- Interim assessment (2 module)0.2 * Seminar duscussions + 0.45 * SPI index (Markstrat) + 0.05 * Тестирование по основным функциям программы Markstrat + 0.3 * Экзамен
- Naresh K. Malhotra. (2015). Marketing Research. Harlow: Pearson Education. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1659681
- Baidya, M. K., Maity, B., & Ghose, K. (2019). Innovation in Marketing Strategy: A Customer Lifetime Value Approach. Journal of Business & Management, 25(2), 71–97. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=bsu&AN=138230268
- Samiee, S., & Chirapanda, S. (2019). International Marketing Strategy in Emerging-Market Exporting Firms. Journal of International Marketing, 27(1), 20–37. https://doi.org/10.1177/1069031X18812731