Scientific Computing and Programming
- The main objective for the course is the development of students' skills of designing and implementing computational models with Python programming language (or other high level programming language of the student's choice), and using contemporary development tools.
- Upon successful completion of the course, a student will be able to •Demonstrate the ability to analyse information and synthesise mathematical models. •Demonstrate the ability of self-directed learning. •Demonstrate the ability to develop non-trivial computational algorithms based on specialized literature and implement them in software. •Use modern development environments, tools and software packages. •Independently develop computational models.
- The subject of numerical analysis. Building computational pipelines.
- Numerical linear algebra
- Integration of functions. Methods of solving integral equations.
- Building compiled extensions for Python programming language.
- Finite difference schemes for solving ordinary differential equations.
- Interim assessment (4 module)0.3 * Homework sets + 0.2 * Online component + 0.5 * Project report