- The objectives of the course is to introduce the students to the methods and practicalities of research of language diversity and language description. During the course, a position paper is presented by the instructor. The rest if the course is based on reading, presented by the students and discussed in classes. The course is built on the topics selected for the specific year, from two to four.
- Students understand the principles of variation in the domains selected for the course in the current year.
- Students more generally, understand the principles of the study of cross-linguistic variation and comparison.
- Students are good at critical academic reading.
- Talmian typology of motion events.
- Caused motion and verbs of transport.
- Grammaticalization paths characteristic to verbs of motion.
- Associated motion: an overview of the category.
- Filmorian typology of deictic verbs; andative and ventive categories grammaticalized.
- Interim assessment (2 module)0.2 * quiz 1 + 0.2 * quiz 2 + 0.2 * quiz 3 + 0.2 * quiz 4 + 0.2 * quiz 5