Япл Захарий Адам
- Научный сотрудник:Центр нейроэкономики и когнитивных исследований
- Начал работать в НИУ ВШЭ в 2014 году.
- Научно-педагогический стаж: 3 года.
General interests in psychology
From my experiences and general interests in psychology I have found myself pondering questions related to selective attention, conflict processing and decision making. Recently I have became interested in a growing field; neuroeconomics. Although traditional behavioral experiences provide us with very interesting findings, by using neuroimaging devices we are able to understand these cognitive mechanisms more thoroughly.
Учебные курсы (2015/2016 уч. год)
- Статья Yaple Z., Arsalidou M. N-back working memory task. Meta-analysis of normative fMRI studies with children // Child Development. 2017 (в печати)
- Статья Yaple Z., Martinez-Saito M., Feurra M., Klucharev V., Shestakova A. Transcranial alternating current stimulation modulates risky decision making in a frequency controlled experiment // eNeuro. 2017 (в печати)
- Статья Yaple Z., Vakhrushev R. S., Jolij J. Investigating Emotional Top Down Modulation of Ambiguous Faces by Single Pulse TMS on Early Visual Cortices // Frontiers in Neuroscience. 2016. No. 10. P. 1-6. doi (в печати)
- Статья Yaple Z. Современное междисциплинарное определение «Я» // Psychology. Journal of the Higher School of Economics. 2015. Vol. 12. No. 4. P. 7-12. (в печати)
Shortly after graduating at the University of Groningen, I was employed at Iowa State University as an Assistant Scientist assisting researchers with event-related potential (ERP) methodology. During this time I worked on multiple interdisciplinary research projects working with researchers from various backgrounds (cognitive and affective psychology, neuromarketing, decision-making).
In addition to my background in applied research, I have also contributed to basic research fields such as those regarding visual perception and attention. During my thesis (minor) I was involved in a research project that examined selective attention before and after error processing. By employing the Eriksen flanker task, selective attention was demonstrated as a mechanism defined as an enhancement or suppression of the N2-P3b complex for target and flanker stimuli, respectively. From this experience I had gained a vast knowledge of the ERP technique, visual perception and neurological mechanisms involving top-down processing.
For my second (major) thesis project I had direct access to the trans-magnetic stimulation (TMS) lab at University of Groningen and my task was to investigate a visual phenomenon termed ‘illusory percepts’. This phenomenon occurs when subjects report seeing visual stimuli in the absence of stimuli when stimulated with monophasic TMS at the primary visual cortex (V1).