- Director:Faculty of Computer Science / Continuing Education Centre
- Sergey Karapetyan has been at HSE University since 2018.
Head of External Communications Unit
National Research University — Higher School of Economics, Faculty of Computer Science Полный рабочий день
June 2018 - Till now
- Managing work of the team;
- Communication with potential and ongoing international partners;
- Organizing international events of the Faculty (including International Data Analysis Olympiad http://idao.world/ ; Summer School on Machine Learning in Bioinformatics https://cs.hse.ru/ssml/);
- Managing PR and SMM of the Faculty;
- Supporting English and Russian versions of the Faculty website.
- Setting and supporting mobility programs of the Faculty of Computer Science (student exchange, internships, joint supervision, etc.);
- Applying for international grants and scholarships (Erasmus+, Fulbright, etc.);
- Drafting international agreements.
Acting Director for International and Academic Cooperation
Feb. 2015 – Jun. 2018
- organizing work of the Office (planning activities, monitoring current tasks and reporting to the leadership);
- planning budget and submitting financial reports;
- setting and supporting international mobility programs (exchange, internships, jointdegrees, joint supervision etc.);
- drafting applications for Erasmus+ KA1 and other international grants (for mobility and research), and giving further support to the successful projects;
- recruiting international students and visiting professors;
- communication with potential and ongoing partners;
- drafting international agreements;
- analyzing current international trends;
- working with major international rankings;
- organizing and supporting international projects and events;
- searching for new potential initiatives;
- translating documents and news for the website.
From Hate-Watching to GMOs: Highlights of the HSE Science Battles’ Third Semi-Finals
The fifth season of HSE Science Battles is currently underway, with the Sber office serving as a venue for another stage of the battle. Four speakers fought for a place in the finals by presenting their research in a ‘TED Talks’ format. The HSE News Service reports on highlights from the event, including how to explain to your grandmother that GMOs aren’t dangerous, what font you should use to develop your memory, and who ‘hate-watchers’ are.
"Both at HSE and l'X, we apply algebra to research differential equations, but that's where the similarities end"
This summer, Alexander Demin, a student of Applied Mathematics and Information Science programme, interns at École polytechnique. We talked to him about his research, France and his studies at HSE University.
"Mobility Makes a Person Look at Life Very Differently"
Kamila Usmanova, a second-year master's student in Data Science, is studying in Germany on an academic mobility programme. We talked to her about the challenges of mobility, new experiences, and the interaction of cultures.
A New Scholarship for Academic Mobility
The Faculty of Computer Science created a new scholarship to support bachelor and master students participating in international academic mobility under exchange agreements of the Faculty.
IDAO 2021 Qualifying Round Comes to a Close
30 teams have advanced to the finals of the 2021 International Data Analysis Olympiad (IDAO) after passing the qualifying round, which was dedicated to the search for dark matter.
Academic Mobility in 2020
In 2020, almost every field of the Faculty's work changed, but international cooperation suffered the most: around the world schools were cancelled, conferences took place online, internships were conducted remotely. Nevertheless, in 2020, twenty-two students of the Faculty of Computer Science were able to go to the Netherlands, Belgium, France, Finland, Turkey, Germany, Denmark, UK, and Australia under the aegis of mobility programmes.
participants from 83 countries have registered for the International Data Analysis Olympiad (IDAO). Most registrations came from Russia and India. The top ten most-represented countries among participants also include the United States, Iran, Azerbaijan, Indonesia, Vietnam, and Pakistan.