- Research Fellow:Laboratory for Comparative Social Research
- Maria Kravtsova has been at HSE since 2010.
Continuing education / Professional retraining / Internships / Study abroad experience
September, 29 – October, 10, 2015. Volkswagen Summer School "Governance, Markets and Institutions: Russia and Germany Compared".
June, 29 – July, 12, 2014. 4th Summer School of the Laboratory for Comparative Social Research “Categorical Data Analysis”. Keynote lecturer: Jacques Hagenaars (Tilburg University, The Netherlands).
October, 4 – November, 25, 2012. Internship in University of Durham, School for Applied Social Sciences.
July, 23 – August, 4, 2012. Essex University Summer School in Social Science Data Analysis. Courses: "Мathematics for Social Scientists", "Multivariate Regression Analysis".
July, 1 – July, 14, 2012. 2nd Summer School of the Laboratory for Comparative Social Research "Confirmatory Factor Analysis and SEM". Lecturer Prof. Dr. Peter Schmidt (University of Giessen).
August, 22 – September, 2, 2011. 1st Summer School of the Laboratory for Comparative Social Research "Multilevel Analysis in Comparative Studies". Lecturer Dr. H. Duelmer (University of Cologne).
2009-2010. Training course in Social Theory, Economic Sociology, Methods of Sociological Data Analysis, Higher School of Economics (8 months).
Dissertation for a degree of Candidate of Science
- Preprint Kravtsova M., Oshchepkov A. Y., Welzel C. The Shadow of the Family: Historical Roots of Social Capital in Europe / NRU Higher School of Economics. Series SOC "Sociology". 2018.
- Article Kravtsova M., Oshchepkov A. Y., Welzel C. Values and Corruption: Do Postmaterialists Justify Bribery? // Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology. 2017. Vol. 48. No. 2. P. 225-242. doi
- Preprint Kravtsova Maria, Oshchepkov A. Y., Welzel C. Corruption and social values: Do postmaterialists justify bribery? / NRU Higher School of Economics. Series SOC "Sociology". 2014. No. 34.
- Article Кравцова М. В. Сто рублей или сто друзей. (Причины сетевой и рыночной коррупции). // Вестник Российского университета дружбы народов. Серия: Социология. 2014. № 2. С. 73-89.
- Article Кравцова М. В. Трансформация коррупционных отношений в постсоветской России // Terra Economicus. 2014. Т. 12. № 1. С. 25-31.
- Article Кравцова М. В. Коррупция в полиции: трансформация отношений с бизнесом // Экономическая социология. 2012. Т. 13. № 2. С. 82-98.
since 2011: Laboratory for Comparative Social Research (R. Inglehart), Higher School of Economics, Moscow
2003-2009. Correspondent, Business Weekly "Expert" (Internal Politics Department)
2002-2003. Correspondent, broadcast "The Voice of Russia" (Political Department)
Speakers — Aleksey Oshchepkov (Center for Labour Market Studies HSE) and Maria Kravtsova (Laboratory for Comparative Social Research HSE).
As the economy improves and anti-corruption legislation develops, it’s highly likely that the market corruption will transform into a network one. Network corruption works through ties between officials and businesspeople, and the currency here is not money, but services. Maria Kravtsova studied various forms of corruption in her paper ‘A Friend in Court or a Penny in the Purse? Reasons for Market and Network Corruption’
If the majority of a country’s population moved from values of survival to values of self-expression, individuals with both types of values will try to avoid corrupt behaviour. But if, as in Russia, values of survival prevail in society, individuals with values of self-expression are inclined to act corruptly. This is the conclusion of a study by Maria Kravtsova and Alexey Oshchepkov