Call for Research Assistants at the Laboratory for Comparative Social Research
The Laboratory for Comparative Social Research (LCSR) is looking for Research Assistants for its Moscow and St. Petersburg offices. Bachelor, master, or doctoral students reading for a degree in sociology, political science, or economics are particularly welcome to apply. Successful candidates will sign a part-time contract with the LCSR for 20 hours a week.
Research intern responsibilities:
- Work on individual and group research projects
- Publish in Russian and/or foreign journals
- Participation in (inter)national conferences and workshops, research seminars and summer schools organized by the LCSR
- Administrative work — 20% of the workload
To apply for the vacancy submit:
- CV (in English)
- Research proposal (you may find a template here). You should use quantitative methods on datasets containing cross-country and/or regional data.
- Publication or a thesis in Russian or English (if available)
- English language (upper intermediate)
- Knowledge of statistics theory and quantitative methods—regression and factor analysis
- Statistical software: Mplus, R, SAS, STATA, SPESS
- Previous experience at a research organization
You may submit your applications at firstname.lastname@example.org with the e-mail subject “Research Assistant Vacancy.” Application deadline: 15 January 2017. Successful candidates will be notified after 1 February 2017.