Today’s media environment is characterized by significant changes in methods of news production, content distribution and consumption, while the flow of information is becoming increasingly global. Moreover, mainstream media outlets are facing new challenges created by the rapidly growing demand for an increasing variety of alternative sources of information - both online and offline.
One of the main goals of the programme is to teach students how to work with alternative types of media, equipping them to become experts at finding a story, packaging it, and distributing it across different platforms. Students will be able to complete a project of their own design, such as creating a YouTube channel.
Advantages of the Programme
The Master’s programme in International News Production has a number of advantages, including:
- an opportunity to master the industry’s latest innovations and build skills in news analysis and agenda setting within a fast-paced media environment
- on-site training in multimedia content production at international newsrooms
- the opportunity to learn editing and broadcasting with Dalet software, which is used by leading television networks and radio companies
- lectures in contemporary media theory
- an opportunity to amass contemporary knowledge about the international media sphere and current economic trends
During Your Studies
The Master’s programme in International News Production aims to train future specialists in the essential foundations of modern news production and media communications, preparing them for future success at news outlets—both globally and internationally. The programme consists of two large blocks.
The first block covers the following fundamental theoretical subjects:
- Theory and History of Media
- Philosophy of Mass Communications
- Economics of Media
- Legal and Ethical Issues in Media
The second block includes elective practice-oriented subjects, such as courses that centre on using modern media technologies and alternative media, as well as subjects related to new media communication, media licensing, content production, news programming, and data journalism. The programme will teach students how to conduct interactive projects on YouTube and other social media, as well as how to use the capabilities of 360◦ television, GoPro, and much more.
Graduates with a degree from the programme will have ample opportunities to pursue careers in various areas of the media industry, including visual journalism, data journalism, storytelling, production, and newsroom management. They will also be prepared to work in educational and scholarly institutions both in Russia and abroad.
How to Apply
All applicants must submit a porfolio.
International students can apply online.
Deadline for accepting documents is 16th of August, 2021.
Here you can find the list of the documents for application to the master program "International News Production" and portfolio assessment criteria.