Medical Aid for International Faculty
International faculty at HSE are provided with basic health insurance financed by the university. Insurance Joint-stock company “VSK” is the health insurance company for 2021 chosen as a result of an annual competitive procurement procedure. Please note that the university has year-long contracts with insurance companies, which means that every January employees receive new health insurance policies.
The insurance is valid in Russia and covers outpatient care (in Moscow Polyclinic of RF Ministry of Foreign Affairs Medincentre), home care, ambulance, emergency and planned hospital admissions, basic dental care.
The insurance covers acute diseases, aggravation of chronic diseases and trauma treatment but does not cover some life-threatening diseases, pregnancy-related care.
How to make an appointment with a doctor?
- Foreign citizens insured in the clinic "MEDINCENTER" (Moscow, 4th Dobryninsky Lane, 4) can make an appointment with a doctor by phone: +7 (495) 933-86-48, +7 (495) 933-86-49; +7 (499) 237-40-04 (the clinic has English-language support)
- Foreign citizens insured in the clinic of the "Ministry of Economic Developmen" (Moscow, Skatertny lane, 10-12, p. 1), can make an appointment with a doctor by phone +7 (495) 691-33-01; +7 (495) 690-61-70.
All insured personscan get advice on the program and coordinate the examination through the round-the-clock medical contact center of the insurance company CAO " VSK» (free of charge):
for Moscow: 8 (495) 785-10-57, 8 (495) 727-44-44; from anywhere in Russia: 8 (800) 775-14-41.
Or you can contact doctor-curator of VSK Popov Andrey Mikhailovich, tel.: 8 (495) 785 27 76, ext. 69 90; AMPopov@vsk.ru
Attention! If the clinic's registry requires you to pay for any medical services that are included in the VHI policy, you must contact the insurance company to clarify the legality of the clinic's claims.
Taking into account the deterioration of the epidemiological situation and the updated procedure of organizing ambulatory care for ARVI, flu and COVID-19 patients, we inform you about the insurance coverage extension and new options included in your VHI-2021.
New options that will be included in your VHI (in case it is possible to conduct these procedures and if there are no insurance program restrictions from clinics and also no medical care regulations changed by local health authorities):
- Conducting the flu express test on an outpatient basis and at home (subject to medical indications)
- PCR-diagnostic test for Covid-19 on an outpatient basis before COVID-19 diagnosing (subject to medical indications)
- CT lung screening (or X-ray study) on an outpatient basis before COVID-19 diagnosing (subject to medical indications)
For more information about the services covered and the most usual questions on the use please consult the detailed description below.
All information for 2020 valid for 2021
An ambulance can be called to any location within Russia free of charge. You may call 103 (for calls from local fixed telephones) or 112 (for calls from mobile telephones).
FIRST MEDICAL AID may be received at HSE Medical Units:
- at 20, Myasnitskaya Str., Room No. 105,
Monday-Friday 10 AM – 17.30 PM
- at 44, Izmaylovskoye shosse, 2-nd Floor (next building to 33, Kirpichnaya str.)
Monday-Friday 8 AM – 8 PM
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.