- Senior Research Fellow:Laboratory of Stochastic Analysis and its Applications
- Associate Professor:Faculty of Mathematics
- Mauro Mariani has been at HSE since 2017.
- Mathematics Practical Training (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Mathematics; programme "Joint Bachelor's Programme with the Centre for Teaching Excellence"; 1 year, 1-4 module)Rus
- Partial Differential Equations (Faculty of Mathematics; 1 year, 3, 4 module)Rus
- Research Seminar "Calculus of Variations" (Faculty of Mathematics; 1 year, 3, 4 module)Eng
- Research Seminar "Representations and Probability 1"" (Faculty of Mathematics; 1 year, 1, 2 module)Eng
- Research Seminar "Stochastic Processes" (Faculty of Mathematics; 1 year, 3, 4 module)Rus
- Introduction to Probability Theory (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Mathematics; programme "Mathematics"; 3 year, 1, 2 module)Rus
- Mathematics. Licenciatus (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Mathematics; programme "Mathematics"; 3 year, 4 module)Rus
- Probability Theory and Stochastic Processes (Faculty of Mathematics; 1 year, 3, 4 module)Rus
- Article Landim C., Mariani M., Seo I. Dirichlet’s and Thomson’s Principles for Non-selfadjoint Elliptic Operators with Application to Non-reversible Metastable Diffusion Processes // Archive for Rational Mechanics and Analysis. 2018. P. 1-52. doi (in press)
- Article Brzezniak Z., Dhariwal G., Hussain J., Mariani M. Stochastic and Deterministic Constrained Partial Differential Equations // Springer Proceedings in Mathematics & Statistics. 2018. Vol. SPDERF2016. P. 133-143. doi
- Article Di Gesù G., Mariani M. Full metastable asymptotic of the fisher information // SIAM Journal on Mathematical Analysis. 2017. Vol. 49. No. 4. P. 3048-3072. doi
- Article Mariani M., Zambotti L. Large deviations for the empirical measure of heavy-tailed Markov renewal processes // Advances in Applied Probability. 2016. Vol. 48. No. 3. P. 648-671. doi
- Article Mariani M., Yannick S. A variational approach to the inviscous limit of fractional conservation laws // Calculus of Variations and Partial Differential Equations. 2013. Vol. 46. No. 3-4. P. 687-703. doi
- Article Bellettini G., Bertini L., Mariani M., Novaga M. Convergence of the one-dimensional Cahn-Hilliard equation // SIAM Journal on Mathematical Analysis. 2012. Vol. 44. No. 5. P. 3458-3480. doi
- Article Lefevere R., Mariani M., Zambotti L. Large deviations for a random speed particle // Alea. 2012. Vol. 9. No. 2. P. 739-760.
- Article Lefevere R., Mariani M., Zambotti L. Large deviations of the current in stochastic collisional dynamics // Journal of Mathematical Physics. 2011. Vol. 52. No. 3. P. 033302. doi
- Article Mariani M. Large deviations principles for stochastic scalar conservation laws // Probability Theory and Related Fields. 2010. Vol. 147. No. 3–4. P. 607-648 . doi
- Article Lefevere R., Mariani M., Zambotti L. Macroscopic fluctuation theory of aerogel dynamics // Journal of Statistical Mechanics: Theory and Experiment. 2010. P. L12004. doi
- Article Bellettini G., Caselli F., Mariani M. Quasi-potentials of the entropy functionals for scalar conservation laws // Journal of Functional Analysis. 2010. Vol. 258. No. 2. P. 534-558. doi
I have previously been a postdoc in Paris Dauphine University (2008-9), and held a tenured position at the Departments of Mathematics of the University Aix Marseille (2009-2012) and University of Rome La Sapienza (2012-2017).
'Teaching at HSE' workshop held on November 15 once again welcomed internationally recruited faculty members and led a discussion about teaching findings and best teaching practices.
The HSE Summer University is off to a strong start this year, and one of its programmes – the Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) in Mathematics – has already been met with considerable enthusiasm by participating students. Designed for undergraduate students majoring in Mathematics or related areas, participants work on research projects under the supervision of distinguished mathematicians.
Every year The HSE Look continues its tradition of welcoming newly recruited international faculty via short summaries about their positions and research interests. In the 34th issue we introduce the tenure-track faculty members, and in November you can learn more about post-doctoral researchers who are starting their work at HSE this fall.