Jorge Luis Mendez Martinez
- Jorge Luis Mendez Martinez has been at HSE University since 2018.
Master's in Social Anthropology
Center for Research and Advanced Studies in Social Anthropology
Continuing education / Professional retraining / Internships / Study abroad experience
Academic Stay in the Free University of Berlin, from the 16 of September of 2018 to 30 of January of 2019
Dissertation for a degree of Candidate of Science
J. L. Mendez Martinez Logic and Phenomenology of Non-Visual Representation
- Article Mendez Martinez J. L. Knowing Through Hearing, Towards an Epistemology of Auditory Perception // Epistemology and Philosophy of Science. 2022. Vol. 59. No. 2. P. 168-182. doi
- Article Mendez Martinez J. L. If Sounds Were Dispositions: a Framework Proposal for an Undeveloped Theory // Organon F. 2020. Vol. 27. No. 4. P. 446-479. doi
- Article Mendez Martinez J. L. Sound Ontology and the Brentano-Husserl Analysis of the Consciousness of Time // Horizon, Fenomenologiceskie Issledovania. 2020. Vol. 9. No. 1. P. 184-215. doi
- Article Mendez Martinez J. L. What Counts as “a” Sound and How “to Count” a Sound. The Problems of Individuating and Identifying Sounds // Synthesis Philosophica. 2019. Vol. 34. No. 1. P. 173-190. doi
- Article Mendez Martinez J. L. What counts as "a" sound and how "to count" a sound. The problems of individuating and identifying sounds // Synthesis Philosophica. 2019. Vol. 34. No. 1. P. 173-190. doi
- International Conference of Marxism and Anthropology, National School of Anthropology and History, Paper: “On Marx, Proudhon and the bees. The problem of intentional explanations”, 13th of August, 2015, Mexico City
- Formal Philosophy Group, Higher School of Economics, Paper: “On what there is not”, 15 February, 2017, Moscow
- English Philosophy Colloquium, Higher School of Economics, Paper: “Art for Sharks. From extra-sense modalities to Animal Aesthetics”, 23 of June of 2017, Moscow
- English Philosophy Colloquium, Higher School of Economics, Paper: “The problem of individuating sounds”, 25 of January of 2018, Moscow
Annual Conference of Modal Metaphysics “Issues on the (im)possible”, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Paper: “Impossible authorships?: or how could Pierre Menard be the author of the Quixote”, 2-3 August of 2018, Bratislava
-Postgraduate Scholarship, National Council of Science and Technology, Mexico, 2009-2011
-Full Time Advanced Program, National Research University- "Higher School of Economics", Moscow, Russian Federation, 2016-2019
- Junior Researcher at the Centre for Research and Higher Studies in Social Anthropology, in the project “Guidelines for the development of multimedia content in linguistic diversity contexts”, Mexico, from 6-10-2008 to 5-1-2009
- Elaboration of a Data Basis and Statistical Analyses of the Postgraduates Programs at the Centre for Research and Higher Studies in Social Anthropology, Mexico, from 6-6-2011 to 26-08-2011
- Junior Researcher at the Research Project “Evaluation of Social Perception of the New Paper Money Series to be emitted by the Bank of Mexico”, conducted by the Centre for Research and Higher Studies in Social Anthropology and the Bank of Mexico, Mexico, from 20-5-2014 to 9-1-15
- Developer of Educational Contents and the Program of “Local knowledge” at the Program of Territorial Management, Secretariat of Public Education, Mexico, from 2-9-2015 to 20-12-15
On December 18, the dissertation prepared by Jorge Luis Méndez Martínez on the topic “Logic and Phenomenology of Non-Visual Representation” has been successfully presented at the preliminary defense.
Dissertation Advisors of the Doctoral School of Philosophy accepted the thesis for defense.
The research article "If Sounds Were Dispositions: a Framework Proposal for an Undeveloped Theory" was published in the international journal of analytic philosophy Organon F.
The article "Sound Ontology and the Brentano-Husserl Analysis of the Consciousness of Time" written by Méndez-Martínez Jorge Luis was published in the International academic journal “Horizon. Studies in Phenomenology”.
What connects philosophers, linguists, and logicians? How do you develop partnerships with dozens of foreign research centres in just six months? Can science exist in isolation from the outside world? Elena Dragalina-Chernaya, Head of the International Laboratory for Logic, Linguistics, and Formal Philosophy, discusses these and other issues.
The article "What Counts as “a” Sound and How “to Count” a Sound. The Problems of Individuating and Identifying Sounds", written by Jorge Luis Mendez Martinez was publushed in "Synthesis philosophica".
On 25 April research fellows of the International Laboratory for Logic, Linguistics and Formal Philosophy made reports on sessions "The philosophy of P.F. Strawson" and "Neurosciences and moral responsibility: neuroethics perspectives".
Research Assistant of Laboratory for Logic, Linguistics and Formal Philosophy took part in the conference on metaphysics