- Research Assistant:Faculty of Social Sciences / Laboratory for the Neurobiological Foundations of Cognitive Development
- Andrei Faber has been at HSE University since 2019.
The duties of the research assistant include work in collective projects, participation in regular scientific seminars, conferences, workshops, and summer schools organized by the Laboratory.
- Chapter Faber A., Arsalidou M. Functional MRI study of working memory development in school-aged children, in: Творчество в современном мире: человек, общество, технологии: Материалы Всероссийской научной конференции, посвященной 100-летию со дня рождения Я.А. Пономарева. Институт психологии РАН, 2020. P. 139-139.
- Chapter Arsalidou M., Faber A., Charkhabi M., Khalezov E., Liashenko A. Is cognitive school engagement a better predictor of school performance? Findings from Russian students and teachers, in: PSY-ВЫШКА Сборник материалов Международной научной конференции / Отв. ред.: Е. С. Горбунова. Российский новый университет, 2020. P. 305-306.
- Chapter Faber A., Matiulko I., Arsalidou M. fMRI Correlates of Mental Attentional Capacity in Children: Data from Moscow Schools, in: The Interregional Association for Cognitive Studies. , 2020. P. 1-3. (in press)
- 202061st Annual Meeting of the Psychonomic Society: Virtual Psychonomics (Austin, Texas). Presentation: Developmental fMRI Study of Working Memory in Children and Adolescents: Data from Moscow Schools
- Творчество в современном мире: человек, общество, технологии. Всероссийская научная конференция, посвященная 100-летию со дня рождения Я.А. Пономарева (Москва). Presentation: Functional MRI Study of Working Memory Development in School-aged Children
- I Национальный конгресс по когнитивным исследованиям, искусственному интеллекту и нейроинформатике. Presentation: fMRI Correlates of Mental-attentional Capacity in Children: Data from Moscow Schools
- 2019Psy-Вышка: конференция молодых ученых «Актуальные проблемы психологической науки» (Москва). Presentation: Is Cognitive School Engagement a better predictor of School Performance?
The Neuropsy Lab at the Department of Psychology invites students to an online mini-course on "MRI Safety".
Participation is Free
HSE Open Lectures holds public talks with young scientists. The September lectures are dedicated to cognitive neurosciences. Our colleague, Andrei Faber, will talk about formation of neural connections and their role in the development of intellectual abilities. The lecture will be held on September 28, 19:30 as a part of the HSE project "University Open to the City".
Researchers of Neuropsy Lab gave lectures as a part of the educational module "Cognitive Research Methods" at NTU Sirius, Sochi
On the 10 of July Neuropsy Lab members Arsalidou Marie, Yulia Sudorgina, Valentina Bachurina, Andrey Faber, Maria Zherdeva as well as Roman Tikhonov (HSE, St. Petersburg) gave lectures to the students of the module "Methods of Cognitive Research" as a part of the educational module at NTU Sirius.
Current studies of our laboratory were presented at the I National Congress on Cognitive Research, Artificial Intelligence and Neuroinformatics
The IX International Conference on Cognitive Sciences was held on October 10-16. It was based on the I National Congress on Cognitive Research, Artificial Intelligence and Neuroinformatics at the Russian Academy of Science.
The Sirius Educational Center encouraged students to use their time productively during quarantine and launched the «Sirius.Home» project, open educational broadcasts held by experts from different fields of science. Our colleague from Neuropsy Lab told what scientists know about the brain and discussed the most popular myths about the brain.
Neuropsy Lab continues to educate children at Moscow schools about modern brain research in the field of cognitive sciences
Laboratory for the Neurobiological Foundations of Cognitive Development holds lectures in Moscow schools as a part of the "Meet a Scientist" project. Andrei Faber with the head of laboratory Marie Arsalidou visited school 1517 in northwestern Moscow. As part of the “Brain and Mathematics” lecture, students from grades 8–11 learnt how the human brain works, which parts of the brain are involved in solving mathematical problems, and they took an opportunity to ask scientists questions.
Our colleague presented at the Conference of Young Scientists. PSY-HSE: Contemporary Issues of Psychological Science.
A conference of young scientists PSY-HSE: Contemporary Issues of Psychological Science was held on October 31 – November 2, 2019 in Moscow. Andrei Faber spoke on behalf of the Laboratory for Neurobiological Foundations of Cognitive Development and presented a joint report with his colleagues on the topic "School Engagement and Academic Performance".