- Professor:Faculty of Economic Sciences / Department of Applied Economics
- Leading Research Fellow:Institute for Industrial and Market Studies / Laboratory for the Analysis of Companies' Competitive Ability
- Chief Research Fellow:Центр исследований структурной политики
- Tenured Professor
- Boris Kuznetsov has been at HSE since 2006.
Education, Degrees and Academic Titles
Candidate of Sciences* (PhD) in Economics and National Economy Management
Lomonosov Moscow State University
According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, Candidate of Sciences belongs to ISCED level 8 - "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar. Candidate of Sciences allows its holders to reach the level of the Associate Professor.
Student Term / Thesis Papers
A. Shlyapin «Spillover Effects». Faculty of Economic Sciences, 2018
D. Kozlov «Analysis of the Impact of Non-Tariff Barriers on Foreign Trade Flows in the Russian Economy». Faculty of Economic Sciences, 2018
A. Chugunova «The Impact of Transport Accessibility on Entrepreneurial Activity in Cities and Agglomerations». Faculty of Economic Sciences, 2018
E. Gracheva «Determinants of the Capital Structure of Russian and European Enterprises of Chemical Sector: Comparative Empirical Analysis». Faculty of Economic Sciences, 2018
A. Simonova «Evaluation of the Relative Economic Efficiency of Russian Metallurgical Companies». Faculty of Economic Sciences, 2018
V. Zhuravleva «Impact of Market Structure on the Efficiency and Strategies of Manufacturing Firms». Faculty of Economic Sciences, 2018
I. Kushnir «The Use of Foreign Labor Force as a Competitiveness Factor of Industrial Enterprises: a Comparative Analysis of Russia and the EU Countries». Faculty of Economic Sciences, 2018
A. Salakhutdinova «Competition of Local and Global Brands in the Markets of Different Countries: Factors of Relative Competitiveness». Faculty of Economic Sciences, 2018
A. Zhiganov «Influence of External Factors on Firms' Operational Effectiveness». Faculty of Economic Sciences, 2018
A. Nikitina «Subjective and Objective Measures of Competitive Pressure and Interrelations with Russian Manufacturing Firms\' Performance». Faculty of Economic Sciences, 2017
E. Utkina «The Impact of the Characteristics on Economic Performance of Enterprises in Russia». Faculty of Economic Sciences, 2017
A. Afanasyeva «Comparative Analysis of Determinants of Global Competitiveness of Russian and World Aluminum Companies: Costs Structure». Faculty of Economic Sciences, 2016
A. Mukatova «Analysis of Efficiency Rates of Oil Refineries in Russia and Kazakhstan as a Measure of Economic Stability». Faculty of Economic Sciences, 2016
G. Sydygaliyeva «Modeling Industrial Dynamics Using Intra-Industry Heterogeneity Indicators». Faculty of Economic Sciences, 2016
D. Popov «Development Factors of Public-Private Partnerships in Infrastructure: Cross-Country Analysis». Faculty of Economic Sciences, 2014
A. Gromov «Impact of Market Structure on Firm Efficiency Indicators». Faculty of Economic Sciences, 2014
- Global Competitiveness of Russian Firms and Industries (Master’s programme; Faculty of Economic Sciences; programme "Applied Economics"; 2 year, 1, 2 module)Rus
- Research Seminar (Master’s programme; Faculty of Economic Sciences; programme "Applied Economics"; 1 year, 1 module)Rus
- Research Seminar «Firms and Markets» (Master’s programme; Faculty of Economic Sciences; programme "Applied Economics"; 1 year, 2-4 module)Rus
- Research Seminar «Firms and Markets» (Master’s programme; Faculty of Economic Sciences; programme "Applied Economics"; 2 year, 1-3 module)Rus
- Russian Economy (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Economic Sciences; programme "Economics", "Economics and Statistics"; 3 year, 3, 4 module)Rus
Editorial board membership
2013: Deputy Editor-in-chief, Журнал Новой экономической ассоциации (The Journal of the New Economic Association).
- Chapter Golikova V., Kuznetsov B., Ricotta F. Innovation Performance of Family Firms in Comparative Perspective: the Role of Regional Corruption in Europe and Russia, in: Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Industrial Dynamics in Internationalized Regional Economies. Revised papers presented at the 20th Uddevalla Symposium, 15-17 June, 2017, Trollhattan, Sweden. University West, 2017. P. 239-258.
- Article Golikova V., Kuznetsov B. Perception of risks associated with economic sanctions: the case of Russian manufacturing // Post-Soviet Affairs. 2017. Vol. 33. No. 1. P. 49-62. doi
- Article Kuznetsov B., Golikova V. Suboptimal Size: Factors Preventing the Growth of Russian Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises // Foresight and STI Governance. 2017. Vol. 11. No. 3. P. 83-93. doi
- Article Boris Kuznetsov, Golikova V., Korotkov M., Govorun A. V. Trajectories of Russian manufacturing firms’ growth after the global financial crisis of 2008–2009: the role of restructuring efforts and regional institutional environment // Post-Communist Economies. 2017. Vol. 29. No. 2. P. 139-157. doi
- Preprint Golikova V., Kuznetsov B. Perception of risks associated with economic sanctions: the case of Russian manufacturing / NRU Higher School of Economics. Series WP BRP "Economics/EC". 2015. No. 115.
- Chapter Golikova V., Andrei Govorun, Boris Kuznetsov. Trajectories of Russian manufacturing firms’ growth after global financial crisis of 2008-2009: the role of restructuring efforts and regional institutional environment, in: Uddevala Symposium 2015. Regional Development in an International Context. Regional, National, Cross Border and International Factors For Growth and Development. Revised papers presented at the 18th Uddevalla Symposium, 11-13 June, 2015, Sonderborg, Denmark. Trolhattan : University West, 2015. P. 251-265.
- Preprint Golikova V., Boris Kuznetsov. Participation in domestic and foreign networks as a factor driving innovations: an empirical analysis of Russian manufacturing firms / Университет Барселоны. Series WP4 "SEARCH Working Paper". 2013. No. WP4/29.
- Preprint Golikova V., Gonchar K. R., Kuznetsov B. The effect of internationalization on innovation in the manufacturing sector / Университет Барселоны. Series WP4 "SEARCH Working Paper". 2013. No. WP4/04.
- Preprint Golikova V., Gonchar K. R., Kuznetsov B. Entry into Export Markets as an Incentive to Innovate. Evidence from the Russian Manufacturing Industry Survey / NRU Higher School of Economics. Series EC "Economics". 2011. No. 11.
- Book Simachev Y. V., Yakovlev A. A., Kuznetsov B., Gorst M. Y., Daniltsev A. V., Smirnov S., Kuzyk M. G. An Assessment of Policy Measures to Support Russia's Real Economy Vol. 102. Bremen : Forschungsstelle Osteuropa an der Uni Bremen, 2009.
- Article Kuznetsov B. Russia and the Global Crisis // The Journal of Comparative Economic Studies. 2009. No. 5. P. 25-45.
• Competitiveness of Russian Companies and Industries: International Benchmarking - Master's level, Faculty of Economics; Programme: Economics; 1st year, Blocks 3, 4
• Empirical Study of Firms' Competitiveness and Influencing Factors - Undergraduate level, Faculty of Economics, 3rd year, Block 4
Conference Participation, Presentations
- B. Kuznetsov, V. Golikova, K. Gonchar. Learning-by-exporting and Learning-by-importing Effects for Russian Manufacturing Firms: Empirical evidence from panel data (presentation)
- The role of domestic and foreign networks in exporting of Russian manufacturing firms: evidence from panel data (presentation)
- The 12th European Association for Comparative Economic Studies (EACES) (UK, University of the West of Scotland, September 6-8, 2012)
- B.Kuznetsov, V.Gimpelson, A.Yakovlev. The Manufacturing Sector in Economic Development, Employment and Incomes: The Russian Case. Presentation
- 52nd European Congress of the Regional Science Association International (Slovakia, Bratislava, August 21-25, 2012)
- Presentation: Export Entry as an Incentive to Innovate
- UNIDO and UNU-MERIT International Seminar - The Untold Story: Structural Change for Poverty Reduction - The Case of the BRICS. (Austria, Vienna, August 16-17, 2012)
- SASE 24th Annual Conference - Global Shifts: Implications for Business, Government and Labour (USA, Boston, June 28-30, 2012)
- Presentation: Export Entry as an Incentive to Innovate
IIMS senior researcher Boris Kuznetsov lectures on Russian economy at Stanford University
Recently the HSE Higher School of Management welcomed a group of students from the Johnson School of Management, Cornell University, USA, which specializes in MBA programmes. Elena Yankova, Senior Lecturer of Management, Cornell University, and the head of the group, and Sergey Filonovich, Dean of the HSE Higher School of Management, told us about the study tour programme.
Martin Carnoy, Professor at the Stanford University (USA) and Academic Supervisor of the HSE International Laboratory for Educational Policy Research, told us about some of the tasks and plans for the Laboratory.