- Visiting Lecturer, Senior Lecturer:International College of Economics and Finance
- Head:International College of Economics and Finance / Centre for Education Technologies
- Natalia Koliadina has been at HSE University since 2007.
Continuing education / Professional retraining / Internships / Study abroad experience
1995 IH Certificate in Teaching English as a Foreign Language (International House, London)
2012 Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education, Associate level (London School of Economics and Political Science)
2013 Teaching Academic Writing: Theory and Practice (New Economic School, certificate)
2013 XVI Fulbright Summer School in the Humanities “Academic Writing: Perspectives from Russia and the US”.
2013, 2014 Seminars Teaching and Researching English for Academic Purposes (with Tony Prince, Norwich Institute for Language Education, UK)
2014 ColWri2.1x Principles of Written English (University of California, Berkeley, through EdX, certificate)
2013-2014 Breakthrough to International Standards: Research and Academic Writing (online project with prof. Heather Benucci, certificate)
- Article Koliadina N. Teachers’ written feedback: Does the delivery method matter? // Journal of Language and Education. 2015. Vol. 1. No. 2. P. 28-34.
- Book Великая Е. В., Колядина Н. Б., Тамбовцева О. Б., Локшин Дж. Р., Оуэн Х. М., Скемптон С., Даннетт М. Дж. Academic Reading (supplementary exercises): учебно-методическое пособие / Рук.: Е. В. Великая; сост.: Е. В. Великая; отв. ред.: Е. В. Великая; под общ. ред.: Е. В. Великая. М. : Прометей, 2009.
Methodic Seminars and Conferences
2012 Teaching and education: ICEF experience (Perm)
2014 “From Action Research to Drafting a Research Paper” (SPELTA, St. Petersburg)
2015 “From Writing as Personal Expression to Writing as Part of Academic Community” (NOVELTA, Novosibirsk)
Academic Support Unit Manager responsibilities include:
- Provide administrative and academic support for ICEF academic calendar development and implementation;
- Provide administrative support for HSE collaborations with the London School of Economics and the University of London (external program and academic affairs correspondence, faculty visits, seminars, IAC);
- Manage the ICEF online information system mief.hse.ru: support and monitor teacher and student use of the system; upload study materials; maintain archives; facilitate technical support;
- Email correspondence with ICEF faculty on academic matters;
- Provide content for the ICEF page on the HSE corporate portal (study programmes and research);
- Maintain documentation on ICEF's academic programmes;
- Facilitate the preparation of advertising and promotional materials for academic programmes;
- Provide administrative support for ICEF faculty academic and research activities;
- Execute instructions from ICEF's Director and Deputy Director concerning academic work.
Traditionally hosted by ICEF Teaching and Learning Center, the orientation seminars are designed to provide onboarding experience to all newly recruited academic staff whether with or without previous experience as lecturers or seminar hosts.
At MSc Financial Economics Open Day, prospective applicants were able to learn more about how the programme sets itself apart from its counterparts, how to enroll, and what level of math and language training it expects from applicants. Invited to speak were also programme graduates. They spoke about things that help kick-start careers in banking and consulting.
Traditionally organized by ICEF Center for Educational Technologies, Introduction to Teaching workshops are designed for teachers who are new to ICEF and are to be taken by all new teachers regardless of their previous experience as lecturers or seminar tutors.
On March 29, HSE is fully transitioning to in-person instruction. However, since March 1 some departments, including ICEF, have been conducting seminars on campus while holding lecture courses online. Oleg Zamkov, Academic Supervisor of the ICEF Bachelor’s programme, spoke about how ICEF survived the rapid transition to online exams, what LSE professors have to say about the effectiveness of the online exams, and what digital innovations that were implemented during the remote period will be used moving forward.
On November 26, the HSE Faculty of Computer Science held the ‘IT Girls Night’ for the fifth time. This year the event was organized within the University of London’s campaign ‘Worldwide Conversation on Women’s Higher Education and Equality in the Workplace’. This campaign celebrates 150 years since the University of London opened up its ‘Special Examinations for Women’, the first university-level examinations offered for women in the UK. Ten years later, this step led to the University of London becoming the first institution of higher education in the UK to open up full degrees for women.