About the Programme
The programme in Psychology aims to instil in students universal and professional competencies required for both the practical work and research that psychologists carry out.
The learning process includes a wide variety of project activities and training modules that are carried out in scientific and educational laboratories and centres, commercial enterprises and government organizations. Beginning in their third year, students specialize in one of three areas of study:
- social and organizational psychology
- cognitive psychology and psychophysiology
- study of personality and counselling
Depending on the individual learning path and their chosen specialization, students will be able to continue their professional development and hold a career in such fields as staff development, social work and social development, counselling, market research, research in organizational and social psychology, personality psychology, cognitive psychology and psychophysiology.
Studying in the Psychology programme allows graduates to be candidates for the European Certificate in Psychology.
1. Basic subjects in the programme are taught in both Russian and English by leading Russian and foreign specialists.
2. More than 50% of subjects and workshops are chosen independently, which allows students to create individual learning paths.
3. Practical training, as well as project work and research make up more than 25% of the total time of study.
4. Students have the ability to choose a minor in any field offered at HSE (e.g., sociology, economics, political science, etc.).
5. In-depth study of a foreign language (with certification exams) allows our students to take part in academic mobility programmes, visit foreign partner universities, participate in workshops offered by foreign specialists, as well as prepare papers and presentations for international conferences.