- learn a variety of approaches available to sociologists in order to best address a research question
- Plan and reflect on personal development using a variety of tools
- Know and be able to apply concepts of life-long and self directed learning to personal development
- Acquire knowledge of new methods and application domain areas of social research
- Planning Personal Development in Social Research CareerLifelong Learning. Self-Directed Learning. Personal Development in Social Research Career. Learning Resources
- Thematic block on social researchNatural language processing. Neuroeconomics. Communication Theory. International Development Theory. Creative and Cultural Industries.
- John Dewey, Angela M. Passarelli, & David A. Kolb. (n.d.). Oxford Handbook of Lifelong Learning. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsbas&AN=edsbas.7CF4E8E
- Hegde, D. S. (2015). Essays on Research Methodology. New Delhi: Springer. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=nlebk&AN=1001250