- The course is aimed at acquiring knowledge in project management fundamentals: key terms, concepts and frameworks.
- What is a project. Projects vs strategic planning, operations. Organizational project management. Programs. Portfolios. Project stakeholders. Project success/ failure factors. Organizational impact on project management. Project goals, objectives and strategies. Project requirements.
- Project process groups. Initiation. Planning. Execution. Monitoring and control. Closure. Project phases. Project life cycle. Project analysis. Project success and project failure criteria. Project KPI. Project assumptions, limitations, out of scope. Project Charter.
- Project schedule management. Tasks. Tasks sequence, successors and predecessors. Task duration. Task limitations. Arrow Diagramming Method. Precedence Diagramming Method. Network Diagram. Gantt chart. Forward scheduling, backward scheduling, slacks. Critical chain and Critical path. Program (Project) Evaluation and Review Technique.
- Procurement management. Procurement planning. Procurement control. “Produce or buy” analysis. The concept of contract management of the project. Types of contracts.
- Organizational breakdown structure (OBS). Responsibility matrix. Parent organization. Project human resource management. Project team. Team dynamics. Communications management. Stakeholders and their communication needs.
- Project scope management: tools and techniques. Scope definition. Work breakdown structure (WBS). Work packages. Project product concept. Deliverables.
- Project quality management. Quality assurance. Quality control. TQM. Ishikawa diagram. Pareto chart. ABC-analysis Shewhart control charts. The block diagram of the process. Control sheet. Scatter (correlation) diagram. Compliance assessment body. The costs associated with the quality. Costs of nonconformance.
- Risk management. Risks identification. Qualitative risk analysis. Risk matrix. Quantitative risk analysis. Risk responses. Risks control and monitoring. Sensitivity analysis. Scenario analysis. Decision tree analysis. Simulation modeling. Probability analysis. Expert analysis.
- Project cost management. Cost estimation, Cost sheet and budget. Cost variance. Schedule variance. Cost performance index. Schedule performance index. Earned value management. Project finance management, key financial indicators.
- Project monitoring and control. Integration management. Change management. Project closure.
- Interim assessment (1 module)0.42 * Assignment (project) + 0.4 * Exam + 0.18 * Performance (seminars)
- Project Management Institute Project Management Institute, & PMI Project Management Institute. (2021). A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) – Seventh Edition and The Standard for Project Management (SPANISH): Vol. Séptime edición. Project Management Institute.
- Project Management Institute Project Management Institute. (2021). A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) – Seventh Edition and The Standard for Project Management (ITALIAN). Project Management Institute.
- Research and Markets. (3 C.E., Autumn 2015). Research and Markets: PRINCE2 (Projects IN Controlled Environments) Foundation - Training Course. Business Wire (English).